"All The Young People..." #2 in UK vinyl singles chart; "Thank You" from Morrissey Central

Good times for a change....

922B2E5B-41ED-4597-8251-1399640B3130.png

Posted by Famous when dead:

All The Young People Must Fall In Love
single is number 2 on the Official British Vinyl chart.

Thank you for your support during these dystopian days.

Morrissey
13 July 2018

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/thank-you

A brief post - appearing just as we were discussing chart positions... :)
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched Love Island last week, I honestly didn't have a clue what was going on. It was a bit like when I read The List of the Lost.
I have had a copy of The List of the Lost on my Morrissey book shelf for quite a while now, I have decided to take it on holiday this year and finally read it. As a tat tv enthusiast ie Love Island, you give me hope that I might even enjoy the book !

Yes !!!!!
The UK/European tour was a successful.............

Excuse me, someone tells me something in my headset......
Mmmmmm ......
Mmmmmmm .......
OK..........
OK.......
Ok thank you......

My apologies .... The UK / European tour has been canceled ......... My apologies!

My advice to you:crazy:
is to give up weed.:thumb:

I have had a copy of The List of the Lost on my Morrissey book shelf for quite a while now, I have decided to take it on holiday this year and finally read it. As a tat tv enthusiast ie Love Island, you give me hope that I might even enjoy the book !

I told a bit of a lie, I didn't get past page 5 but it might be for you. While watching Love Island I was thinking I wonder who the target audience is for this and then noticed my wife sitting cross legged a metre away from the tv.

I told a bit of a lie, I didn't get past page 5 but it might be for you. While watching Love Island I was thinking I wonder who the target audience is for this and then noticed my wife sitting cross legged a metre away from the tv.
Love Island is the talk of the staff room at school I’m afraid, me I’m more of a Big Brother devotee. I’m determined to wade through the book, whether I understand a word remains to be seen, will report back in due course.

My advice to you:crazy:
is to give up weed.:thumb:
Too bad, I had not started .....

ps: when you quote, at least have the honesty to quote the entire post ....... I know we're on a moz forum, but still ....

ps II: the advice is like anus, everyone has one!

Too bad, I had not started .....

ps: when you quote, at least have the honesty to quote the entire post ....... I know we're on a moz forum, but still ....

ps II: the advice is like anus, everyone has one!

:crazy: WTF??
Put the weed away. Wait 5 hours. Then go back to the computer take the little mouse:paranoid: that moves around and put your finger on the round mouse looking device that is referred to as 'the mouse' when the tiny moving arrow on the screen is on 'click to expand' then press the little round mouse like device.:rolleyes:

Weed will make you dodder.:kissingheart:

:crazy: WTF??
Put the weed away. Wait 5 hours. Then go back to the computer take the little mouse:paranoid: that moves around and put your finger on the round mouse looking device that is referred to as 'the mouse' when the tiny moving arrow on the screen is on 'click to expand' then press the little round mouse like device.:rolleyes:
Weed will make you dodder.:kissingheart:
When you are a vegan you must eat weed, not smoke :sick: :barf:

When you are a vegan you must eat weed, not smoke :sick: :barf:

Give up weed it gives hallucinations. If you REFUSE to quit and carry on you will end up like Chezz.:straightface:
Moz does not smoke weed, one of the reasons he dresses nice and not disheveled like the snowflakes, who wear wigs and britches and dresses.:straightface:

Down to number 4 but The Queen Is Dead is a re entry at 29, My Love is still in there at 37. Not a bad showing !

There were clearly more than 2000 copies.
If previous comments were true, that would mean any new top 40 entry from 40 to number 3 (or now 5) would only have to sell a handful to chart. That totally discounts the fact pre-orders tend to ship on the day of release and would further imply that collectors only rush to buy their favourite artist's 7" a week after it comes out (in order for so few copies to be bought in the week of release).
You can add to that: Amazon are now stocking & dispatching it themselves after hosting several other companies stock. They also list 6 UK 'partners' selling new copies/in stock. HMV UK online still has copies. Piccadilly/Badlands/Crash all have stock too. Meanwhile, it sells enough to enter the charts at number 2 and remain top 5 for 3 weeks regardless of any other more 'popular' artist's 7" releases in those weeks - on the strength of 2k records? Something at chart HQ is greatly amiss somewhere or the source for a limited stock got it wrong.
Even Boz has it in stock today :)

20180729_124955.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Well, the vinyl charts are FUBAR'd.
The fourth week sees the single as 'new' and weeks on chart= 1. Currently #5.
Still in stock via many UK stockists.

20180806_031344.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
10-16th August:
20180813_073544.jpg

Moved back up to number 3.
Still in stock via indie shops, HMV & Amazon.
Regards,
FWD.

But what does that mean in terms of absolute numbers sold?
This has kind of been my point. It was asserted that only 2000 copies existed.
In order for this record to keep in and around this spot on the charts - it has to be selling each week.
That was also asserted in this thread to mean a couple of records a week to keep position.
That makes no sense as it clearly implies any new entry from 40 to say number 5 have sold even less than a couple to get a chart placing - which is just nonsense.
RSD sales see about 5k copies sell to get a number 1 with figures tailing off thereafter - that bit I can get my head around, but how this 7" keeps getting traction given a 'limited supply'and new entries each week is beyond me.
Vinyl single sales are in resurgence too, so the idea that six people go out and by an artist's record = top ten selling record in the entire country seems very off.
As said previously, the vinyl charts are either totally broken or the record is actually making sales.
Regards,
FWD.

This has kind of been my point. It was asserted that only 2000 copies existed.
In order for this record to keep in and around this spot on the charts - it has to be selling each week.
That was also asserted in this thread to mean a couple of records a week to keep position.
That makes no sense as it clearly implies any new entry from 40 to say number 5 have sold even less than a couple to get a chart placing - which is just nonsense.
RSD sales see about 5k copies sell to get a number 1 with figures tailing off thereafter - that bit I can get my head around, but how this 7" keeps getting traction given a 'limited supply'and new entries each week is beyond me.
Vinyl single sales are in resurgence too, so the idea that six people go out and by an artist's record = top ten selling record in the entire country seems very off.
As said previously, the vinyl charts are either totally broken or the record is actually making sales.
Regards,
FWD.

I can’t imagine you have to sell many copies to land high in the vinyl single charts. Liam Gallagher has had the highest first week sales of vinyl in the last 20 years with As you were and the vinyl sales were 16k out of the 103k sales of the album.

The information is wrong in the chart as well, it says weeks on chart 2 and peak position 3?

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom