"All The Young People Must Fall In Love" (Bob Clearmountain Mix) released (EU Apr 20, UK Jul 6 2018)

Released in the UK on July 6, 2018.

"All The Young People Must Fall In Love" (Bob Clearmountain Mix) - 7" clear vinyl was listed for sale at some European sites (post by Famous when dead) and it has been reported people are receiving orders now.

The reported release date on the Fnac site is Apr. 20, 2018, however there have not been any official announcements or mention of UK release.

Tweet posted by an anonymous person (original post):

43030_42892_All-the-Young-People-Must-Fall-in-Love_1.jpg

Buy on Amazon.co.uk.

Last edited:
Just been to collect mine from HMV - I went yesterday and the f***ers turned me away because it's embargo'd (did I not remember the release date off by heart? the clerk asked; does he expect my savage email to HMV customer services, I have since replied)

Anywho, it's mispressed. No A-side label. No notes on the remix yet - I'm at uni without a turntable!

Just been to collect mine from HMV - I went yesterday and the f***ers turned me away because it's embargo'd (did I not remember the release date off by heart? the clerk asked; does he expect my savage email to HMV customer services, I have since replied)

Anywho, it's mispressed. No A-side label. No notes on the remix yet - I'm at uni without a turntable!
Thanks for this.
Still in town and just getting HMV staff to look through all the 7"s for me...
Added value and all that :)
Cheers,
FWD.

20180706_104337-min.jpg

HMV Birmingham stock.
Even more copies of This Is Morrissey.
No mispress unfortunately :(
Regards,
FWD.

Here's my mispressed A-side for those interested...
R-12224482-1530869453-2333.jpeg.jpg
20180706_110008-min.jpg

Not missing anything.
Had to compress the image and crop it.
First world problems!
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
View attachment 44921
Not missing anything.
Had to compress the image and crop it.
First world problems!
My phone takes pictures at a size the site can't currently cope with.
Regards,
FWD.

My submission on Discogs is already being contested - apparently if only a small number of the records are affected then it's a manufacturing variant, not a mispress...? I mean - as far as I'm concerned, it's meant to have a centre label and it doesn't. It's a record that has been incorrectly pressed - MISpressed hahaha

My pre-ordered copy just popped through my letterbox & is currently spinning on my Dansette for the fourth time.

I’ve been looking forward to this single more than any other from the album, mainly to see whether Bob Clearmountain could salvage what was initially one of my favourite new songs when Morrissey first played it live on the BBC last year. I’d really liked the song but felt that the piano was a bit too loud in the mix. I eagerly awaited the studio version &, like many, was quite disappointed, primarily with the mix. Now the piano was so quiet it was barely audible!

So, does Bob fix it? Well, kind of. I instantly prefer it to the album version. The piano is more present & the acoustic guitar crisper & the slightly annoying keyboard tuba sounds are less obtrusive. Overall, a well-balanced mix. Bob has done the best he can with what he was given. I, for one, wouldn’t mind him remixing the whole album. I’m not a fan of Joe Chicarelli’s production style; for me it’s one of the biggest problems with Morrisseys last two l.p’s.

As for All The Young People..... I only wish it had been recorded live. It needs that energy, in my opinion. I have a similar problem with Jacky & I Wish You Lonely: full of energy when played live but just a bit flat on the studio versions.

Must say: I also love the sleeve. The 7” sleeves have been excellent. Who is responsible? There is no credit. It’s a real shame that the album didn’t have a similar sleeve.

snip...
Must say: I also love the sleeve. The 7” sleeves have been excellent. Who is responsible? There is no credit. It’s a real shame that the album didn’t have a similar sleeve.
From Feb:
The first image is cropped and both sides make the bigger image:

View attachment 43705

Boys and Girls, Caldwell Idaho, 1941 by Russell Lee.
"Russell Werner Lee (1903-1986) captured this image while working for the Farm Security Administration (FSA) during the Great Depression.
The stated goal of the project was to "introduce America to Americans." "

The second image is, surprisingly, a stock Getty image:

View attachment 43706

Regards,
FWD.

Click the attached parts to see images.
Regards,
FWD.

I have to say that whilst Bob Clearmountain is something of a legend in production circles, he's failed to sprinkle much magic dust on 'ATYPMFIL.' It's still a plodding, oompah song, something that might have come fourth in 1970's 'A Song for Europe.'

From Feb:

Click the attached parts to see images.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks. I’d seen that post before.

What I actually wanted to know, but didn’t ask clearly, was: who chose these images/designed the recent single sleeves. Morrissey doesn’t relieve a credit for sleeve design so I’m guessng he wasn’t involved?

My pre-ordered copy just popped through my letterbox & is currently spinning on my Dansette for the fourth time.

I’ve been looking forward to this single more than any other from the album, mainly to see whether Bob Clearmountain could salvage what was initially one of my favourite new songs when Morrissey first played it live on the BBC last year. I’d really liked the song but felt that the piano was a bit too loud in the mix. I eagerly awaited the studio version &, like many, was quite disappointed, primarily with the mix. Now the piano was so quiet it was barely audible!

So, does Bob fix it? Well, kind of. I instantly prefer it to the album version. The piano is more present & the acoustic guitar crisper & the slightly annoying keyboard tuba sounds are less obtrusive. Overall, a well-balanced mix. Bob has done the best he can with what he was given. I, for one, wouldn’t mind him remixing the whole album. I’m not a fan of Joe Chicarelli’s production style; for me it’s one of the biggest problems with Morrisseys last two l.p’s.

As for All The Young People..... I only wish it had been recorded live. It needs that energy, in my opinion. I have a similar problem with Jacky & I Wish You Lonely: full of energy when played live but just a bit flat on the studio versions.

It was also my favourite on the album.

Really like the b-Side!!
Such a happy Summer song!
so do I Thewlis,really suits his voice as well,lynn andersons version was great as well,always remember when it came out a long long time ago.

What I actually wanted to know, but didn’t ask clearly, was: who chose these images/designed the recent single sleeves. Morrissey doesn’t relieve a credit for sleeve design so I’m guessng he wasn’t involved?
he said in an interview he had nothing to do with the high school cover art which I found a bit strange.

Clearmountain did a decent job of shining up the A-Side.

A bit disappointed with the B-Side, which I've been hoping for a nice copy of for three years, ever since it was played live in Nashville, TN. My gripe is the synthetic strings that have either been added entirely, or greatly brought forward in the mix. Either way, the fake strings make for a very over-produced song of what's supposed to be a live version.

Thanks for the review. Our copy is on the way from the UK-can’t wait to get it.
As far as the sleeve cover art goes, he used the same photo for a backdrop so I’d think he was involved in that, at least!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom