All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gutted.
I know he has said things I, and many others don’t agree with, but I love his music and that is what I was going to see. He will only be around for so long.
He must now realise he has f***ed Up massively, these concerts weren’t even necessary as the Palladium show was a fantastic end to his most successful tour.
I won’t be suprised if he threatens not to return to UK (though we all know how that turned out last time).

I expect Dave Haslam and all of Morrissey’s many critics will now rejoice in their victory, and I suppose hopefully it will be the knocking deg a peg Morrissey needed after expecting his fanbase to follow him into murky waters.
But who loses?
Morrissey obviously. He is quickly tearing apart his most worthy attribute; his loyal and fanatic fan-base.

The band. Loss of earnings for comments they did not make, wouldn’t suprise me if some shuffling was done, as this seems to be the first time that gigs have been cancelled seemingly due to low sales/bad press, rather than illness/forgetting to wear a jumper.

Most of all though, the loving fans who wanted to go to these gigs such as I.
It may sound selfish, but we have come off worst here. Our hero tests our loyalty and morals with far right sympathies, the concerts we save money and wait patiently for are cancelled, all the while the press and people such as Dave Haslam blast Morrissey, casting a shadow on all those that still enjoy his music.

What a f***ing shame.
It is so sad that this has happened. I agree with you I put the blame on Dave Haslam and some others.

I agree with Morrissey on some of his views. I agree with him about Israel and other things.

I agree with him about animal welfare. Also Morrissey has spoken out about the horrors of paedophilia. I think that people forget that Morrissey was molested himself when he was at his secondary modern school back in Manchester. I'm sure Morrissey is totally against all forms of child abuse. I also agree with him about the other former members of The Smiths who I believe utterly betrayed him.

I really hope that this doesn't put him off coming to the UK in the future. I don't think that Moz is out of touch with normal, everyday people. I'm a Christian. Morrissey might not be a Christian but he has support from some of the Christian community and maybe also some of the Jewish community. I can't speak for the Jewish community because I'm not Jewish.

I admire Oscar Wilde as a writer/poet. The fact that Morrissey likes Oscar Wilde proves that he isn't against homosexuality. Also Morrissey isn't sexist he has respect for women I think he actually has more respect for women than a lot of men have! Morrissey has suffered with depression which is a mental health issue. In my view Morrissey is a true artist.

Basically, I don't believe that Morrissey is xenophobic the way that Dave Haslam and others are trying to imply that he is just because he wants to support Anne Marie Waters (who was in UKIP) and is the founder and leader of the political party 'For Britain'.. Moz likes them mainly because of their policies on animal welfare. From what I understand Dave Haslam was never a fan of Morrissey so he is NOT a 'former' fan.

I'm not a member of the far-right myself I'm a Liberal Democrat (Lib Dem) . The Lib Dems are actually in favour of staying in the EU. I'm a Christian and my faith is much more important to me than worldly politics is! I'm against Islamic extremism, Communism, Fascism and the New Age Movement.

I think Morrissey's manager was right to stop this tour of the UK because it might cause trouble. This isn't Morrissey's fault this is the fault of Dave Haslam and others who I believe were trying to undermine Morrissey's tour.

Morrissey reminds me a bit of Elvis Presley in a way. I'm a fan of Elvis Presley as well. I believe that Father God will protect Morrissey.

Could "logistics" mean key members of the band up-and-left him?
It's an interesting thought. Although I would imagine if they were going to do that, they would have done it a couple of months ago when the latest bout of verbal diarrhoea struck, not at the last minute over poor ticket sales. My guess is 'logistics' translates as 'the promoter pulled the plug over poor sales'. Or possibly, 'not enough of you bought tickets so I'm going to flounce off to Mexico where they know how to show their adoration'. Or perhaps a bit of both.

If The Guardian or Haslam see this as a victory then they are truly intellectually, philosophically and morally lost.

We have new rules in the UK in 2018, folks. Don’t subscribe to leftist groupthink, we’ll hound you out of town.

His support of the Kray twins was perfectly fine, however. Yet unlike the Kray twins, Tommy Robinson has never killed anyone. He spoke up for the white British girls who were raped by Muslim grooming gangs, which people like you want to suppress/brush under the carpet for some strange reason. "All right, all right, take them to trial; just don't talk about it or report on it! Because that's a bit too close to..... fascism, for my liking. Yes I have a very limited vocabulary."

I was never keen on Morrissey's apparent liking of the Krays. As for Yaxley-Lennon's 'speaking up' for white British girls, are you really that naive? Aside from Yaxley-Lennon's conviction for wife-beating showing up his true attitude towards women, the only reason he has jumped on the 'Asian rape gang' is because he thinks it's a legitimate way of expressing his hatred for Muslims. It isn't. Put another way, there are white rape gangs and Yaxley-Lennon apparently couldn't give a toss about them.

I think his views are definately a large part of it, though probably not the sole reason. I guess it's a combination of turn-offs:

• Too soon: most casual punters already got their fix seeing him on the UK tour a few months ago.
  • Too expensive: tickets mega pricey at around £80 mark with fees.
  • New album wasn't a huge hit with the general public
  • Dodgy right-wing comments turning a lot of people off
That only left super hardcore fans who either don't care about his political statement or agree with them, and have a lot of cash to spend. And it seems there's just not enough of them to fill venues of this size.

My view of Morrissey hasn’t really changed. I don’t listen to singers based on their political views. If the music is good I’m happy. The Morrissey problem is that the music isn’t particularly good and hasn’t been for some time. In his defence I haven’t heard anything else in recent years that’s up to much either.

I’ve been very critical of him in the past and I’m quite relaxed about doing so again if need be. The fact remains, however, that For Britain, a party which will quickly become apparent (if it hasn’t already) is an utter irrelevance, is not a proscribed organisation in this country. Anyone can support it or not as they see fit.

The left, as personified by Maxine Waters in the US or David Lammy here, are going through an existential crisis at the moment caused by the shock they suffer every time a ballot box is placed in a polling station. The more they bitch and moan the more the people will reject them.

Let me open a can of worms by mentioning abortion. Abortion, along with pensions, transport, energy, and half a dozen other functions of government, is an issue I care little about. Knock yourselves out ladies. However, Ireland recently voted to relax its draconian laws on abortion just a month or two after announcing there aren’t enough people there so they intend to allow a million migrants in over the next few years. Both these policies are supported wholeheartedly by the left.

To me at least there seems to be a paradox there which might be worth at least considering.

If The Guardian or Haslam see this as a victory then they are truly intellectually, philosophically and morally lost.

We have new rules in the UK in 2018, folks. Don’t subscribe to leftist groupthink, we’ll hound you out of town.

Let me rework that for you...

"My racist views have been invalidated by the public at large, I'm f***ed, what will I do now?"

Classic right-wing self-victimhood. No-one has hounded Morrissey out of town. What has happened is that decent people have decided not to support someone who is apparently now a right-wing mouthpiece.

His support of the Kray twins was perfectly fine, however. Yet unlike the Kray twins, Tommy Robinson has never killed anyone. He spoke up for the white British girls who were raped by Muslim grooming gangs, which people like you want to suppress/brush under the carpet for some strange reason. "All right, all right, take them to trial; just don't talk about it or report on it! Because that's a bit too close to..... fascism, for my liking. Yes I have a very limited vocabulary."

Let me help you out here. Here's a list of proud white patriots getting nicked for noncing. You're welcome.

I don't really keep up with current trends in the language used by bedroom-based fascists - is 'pollo' the new 'cuck?'

I went to Dalhalla in Sweden a couple of weeks back to see Nick Cave & Bad Seeds. A challenging venue, in the middle of nowhere. Even at the present height of their powers, they could not sell it out.

Moz was due to play there. The beauty of that venue is you can choose your own tickets, so I had been checking to see how many Moz had sold. The answer was about three.

Classic right-wing self-victimhood. No-one has hounded Morrissey out of town. What has happened is that decent people have decided not to support someone who is apparently now a right-wing mouthpiece.

Right-wing victimhood?

You honestly don’t think that certain quarters view this as a victory for their politics? Some of the most intolerant human beings I’ve ever met belong to the “left”. I just wanted to see Morrissey in Manchester.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom