All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just a case of the consumer voting with their feet. I thought right wingers were in favour of Capitalism and being able to choose whether to buy a product or not?

The thing is with Morrissey, he has got far too much hubris for his own good. He thinks he can do or say anything and get away with it, but when it comes back to bite him in a way that negatively impacts his bank account he does anything but blame himself.

I think Morrissey seriously needs to sit himself down, do some self-reflection and really consider who or what he actually is, because at this point, many of us (former) die hard fans are clueless. I think it's a really sad reflection on him that he insulates himself with yes men, such as his nephew and Peter Katsis, and that some of his more recent newer fans are f***ing right wing lunatics like vegan.cro. These people were never f***ing Morrissey fans. They're just pretending to like him because he's the only who made the ill-judged decision to entertain them in his pursuit for more money and attention.
here was me thinking we lived in a country where free speech was for everyone,maybe I slept through the time when this was abolished.britain really is f***ed and has been for a good while now.

here was me thinking we lived in a country where free speech was for everyone,maybe I slept through the time when this was abolished.britain really is f***ed and has been for a good while now.

Who hasn't got free speech? This is how free speech works, you can say what you like. This doesn't mean people can't say f*** you to the person spouting off.

There is no absolute right to free speech. Morrissey is welcome to (within the limits of the law) say what he likes, just as I am free to ignore it, challenge it, take my CD money elsewhere etc. Bleating about free speech simply won't do when the problem is that no-one wants to listen to Morrissey's right-wing outbursts any more.

Welp, at least I'm still seeing The Cure in London that Saturday (w/ Interpol, Goldfrapp, Editors, Slowdive).

Disappointed but unsurprised. Doubt he’ll reschedule, otherwise they wouldn’t be issuing refunds at this moment in time.

I had seen him up until the tour earlier in the year and queued at stupid hours to be down at the front. So if his recent comments were too much for me then the casual fans stood no chamce.

We live in a country where buying tickets to see Morrissey is non-compulsory and, apparently, has less appeal than it used to, that's all.

I’m happy about it, just look at the first page. But you and FascistSkinny refuse to see beyond your inbuilt hatred sadly.

If only your views on Morrissey were as well-informed as your ideas on football but alas...

what a way to spend a Friday night,im off out to get me a woman because this will run for days and skinnys fingerprints will be gone with all the typing he will be doing,

I’m happy about it, just look at the first page. But you and FascistSkinny refuse to see beyond your inbuilt hatred sadly.

If only your views on Morrissey were as well-informed as your ideas on football but alas...

Imagine being Thewlis. Trousers down, thumbing a mushroom, waiting for something else to mark down. What a great life.

They're just different to yours. Settle down, free speech and all that. Just having a bit of fun.

Imagine being Thewlis. Trousers down, thumbing a mushroom, waiting for something else to mark down. What a great life.
I see the cookery thread has started again,never heard thumbing a mushroom on masterchef before.must be a new thing,,that is LOVVEEELLLLYY.

Let me rework that for you...

"My racist views have been invalidated by the public at large, I'm f***ed, what will I do now?"
Can’t just let this go.

How does it feel to call people you don’t know whatsoever, “racist”? Is that okay with you? Seriously? I’ve NEVER been called that, ever. And I’m 43 years old. Dreadful behaviour. You should honestly feel ashamed. I’d continue and tell you a little bit more about me, but who the f*** really cares, you insulting man.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom