Alternative Christmas Speech - true-to-you.net

Re: New post on TTY Alternative Christmas Speech

Direct link here... http://www.true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_141208_01

Text as follows:

"8 December 2014

Alternative Christmas Speech

Morrissey has politely declined an invitation from Channel 4 Television to deliver an Alternative Christmas Day Speech which would be transmitted at the same time that the Queen delivers her Christmas Day speech for the BBC.

Morrissey has commented:

"My view that the monarchy should be quietly dismantled for the good of England is reasonably well-known, but I don't think Christmas Day is quite the time to be trading slaps. The Queen should be allowed the impassioned trance of her annual address to the British people, if only to once again prove that, in her frozen posture, she has nothing to offer and nothing to say, and she has no place in modern Britain except as a figure of repression; no independent thought required. The Queen very well might be the most powerful woman in England, but she lacks the power to make herself loved, and the phony inflation of her family attacks all rational intellect.
All over the world highly civilized peoples exist without the automatic condescension of a 'royal' family. England can do the same, and will find more respect for doing so.
"

P.

"we know very well that the British press is duty-bound to always defend and cleanse the bad behavior of the Boil Family - no matter how abysmal and hypocritical their actions. But the rationalists amongst us - who are never allowed to speak,

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140209_01

We, the British public, are trapped. In our democratic society, how do we call for the 'royals' to resign and retire? Where is our platform? Who will let us speak? We, who are neither apocalyptic anarchists nor extremists, who speak softly and care primarily for the environment and all living beings, feel embarrassed by what the 'royals' do today far more than whatever they did 200 years ago. But how can we speak without being Tasered away?

At what point did the dis-United Kingdom become a cabbagehead nation? Where is the rich intellect of debate? Where is our Maya Angelou, our James Baldwin, our Allen Ginsberg, our Anthony Burgess, our political and social reformers?

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_131118_01

Unlike most of the 'British public', a platform was offered to you on C4. You have chosen not to use it. I think it's fair to surmise that the chances of you being 'tasered away' whilst recording an Alternative Queen's Speech are vanishingly close to zero.

Where is the rich intellect of debate? Wherever it is, it clearly doesn't involve you after this ludicrous bottling of an important challenge and opportunity, does it? Although it *might* include your celebrity mate, Russell Brand. Maybe he'll be ask to replace you.

best
BB

Last edited:
Re: Post on TTY Alternative Christmas Speech

Only the owner of the site has any say on what the intent of the site should be. Moz can dig into his pocket and start his own site.

Outside of England, Ireland and a couple of cities in the USA he plays 1500 seaters.

Re: Morrissey bottles it....

Humasexual cocks in blankets with lashings of white sauce no doubt,sorry Crystal he ain't eatin your tuna purse even if it's decorated with tinsel and tofu

Benny-the-British-Butcher

He's not a vegan, Benny. He's a vagitarian. I still have a chance.

Because you refuse to let this be what it once was meant to be - a Morrissey fan site?

Yes, that constitutes as an opinion. Very good.

And lastly; an infantile way to handle criticism. Instead of answering for yourself you make it about Morrissey.

And Johnny;
He wants airtime to talk about his music. Thus far no one has given him that and therefor he is right to complain about it.

He's obviously not ruined as a major star. Look at his concerts. His shows are more or less always sold out. And look at the media attention. For example all furore that comes with his album releases, his book release last fall, his statements and not to mention the cancer thing. You chanting to yourself "Moz is finished, Moz is finished" doesn't make it so, you know.

This site has always had a robust variety of opinion, both from 'fans' and from others in the Audience, including me. I'm not a 'fan' of anyone. I'm a grown man, not 14 years old!

No idea why you mention 'Johnny', presumably Johnny Marr? And yes, 'the cancer thing': best not to mention it.

best
BB

Where can I post this?

http://www.tono.no/viva-hate/

It is about the movie "Viva hate" by the norwegian director Jens Lien.

Google translate is your friend:)

Please feel free to ask if the translation dont make a sense.

This site has always had a robust variety of opinion, both from 'fans' and from others in the Audience, including me. I'm not a 'fan' of anyone. I'm a grown man, not 14 years old!

No idea why you mention 'Johnny', presumably Johnny Marr? And yes, 'the cancer thing': best not to mention it.

best
BB

God forbid you would ever admit admiration for anyone or anything. God, how childish... Yet this is a fan site. And you're not fooling anyone when you say you're a grown man. Grown men don't spend hours on end on fan sites, spewing hatred, bile and vitriol on its subjects.

That last part was directed at JB. I don't know how to multi-quote.

Seriously, people, don't get sucked into these 'debates'.

A person who dedicates a large portion of their life to a pop singer they dislike is not operating rationally. Usually, this type of behaviour is a reaction to something else in their lives. Usually pain or frustration. This has nothing to do with Morrissey; they could be obsessed with a co-worker, or a neighbour, or people who ride bikes without helmets. You can't reason with them. You can repeat the same arguments, and they'll repeat theirs. It never ends.

You can't make them stop. If they'll stop, they'll stop. Let them have this. Ignore them. (I'll try to do exactly that after posting this.) Letting their negativity affect your brain is pointless. Argue with them -> they become more frustrated -> you're just making their behaviour worse.

Btw. BrummieBoy is insane in the kind of way that can be quite interesting when it comes to famous artists and other successful figures. Bobby Fischer for instance, and, in some ways, Morrissey. When the person in question is a troll on an internet forum, it's just tiring, though.

Psychologically, Johnny Barleycorn and Morrissey have quite a lot in common. Both are full of hate. However, it does seem that Johnny is able to look at his behaviour critically enough to know that what he's doing is really silly. That's the reason why he's so obsessed with the Utøya thing; he sees it as the best way to justify his behaviour. I am both Norwegian and a meat-eater, but I understand what Morrissey said and why he said it. The timing was bad, but what he said was a sad fact, end of story. He said it because he felt powerless seeing how people condemn violence when they're not responsible for it, and justify it when they're contributing to it. Even as a cynical meat-eater, I can understand that frustration. This doesn't mean that I agree with the timing or the inconsiderate nature of the comment. There are times when sad facts are unnecessary.

I know someone who lost a friend in the massacre. Using the event over and over again as a way to justify one's behaviour on an internet forum is callous. It was 3 years ago. Let them rest.

I'll f*** off now.

And Johnny;
He wants airtime to talk about his music. Thus far no one has given him that and therefor he is right to complain about it.

He's obviously not ruined as a major star. Look at his concerts. His shows are more or less always sold out. And look at the media attention. For example all furore that comes with his album releases, his book release last fall, his statements and not to mention the cancer thing. You chanting to yourself "Moz is finished, Moz is finished" doesn't make it so, you know.

Gregor, in the first sentence you say he is right to complain about having no TV coverage, and in the fifth you speak of the media attention he gets. While it's true an album release by Morrissey attracts press interest, if that does not translate into airplay and sales, what exactly was the point? He might as well have given it away online.

With respect there is little comparison between a spot on Jonathan Ross or Kimmel and an email natter with a Serbian or Turkish music site. We know Ross was hopeful to get him on and we know Kimmel was interested in making peace after Duckgate, yet nothing.

It does make me wonder just how committed Morrissey is to the World Peace album. He's playing swathes of it live, but he likes to give the impression he's always moving forward, but...

He played one show in London (population 8.3 million) in front of 18,000 people, but, and tell me if I'm being unfair, his shows in Europe have more often than not been in pretty small venues for a star of his magnitude. You would expect someone of his proven ability to be playing larger venues to larger audiences.

Why isn't he? I think it's more about what he says than what he sings.

God forbid you would ever admit admiration for anyone or anything. God, how childish... Yet this is a fan site. And you're not fooling anyone when you say you're a grown man. Grown men don't spend hours on end on fan sites, spewing hatred, bile and vitriol on its subjects.

That last part was directed at JB. I don't know how to multi-quote.

Well, I'm not a 'fan'. Am I going to be banned for saying so? I'm a member of the Audience. I love most of the music but thinks he's becoming a total embarassment. A prat. And this latest debacle just adds to my views that he's a dipstick once he steps offstage or opens his mouth other than to sing.

If I'm not a grown-man, how old do you think I am? 14? Are you a Belieber? Or a Directioner? I bet you love Nicki Minaj more than Morrissey! Here's some grown men and women discussing pop music just like we do here!

best
BB

Last edited by a moderator:

Psychologically, Johnny Barleycorn and Morrissey have quite a lot in common. Both are full of hate. However, it does seem that Johnny is able to look at his behaviour critically enough to know that what he's doing is really silly. That's the reason why he's so obsessed with the Utøya thing; he sees it as the best way to justify his behaviour. I am both Norwegian and a meat-eater, but I understand what Morrissey said and why he said it. The timing was bad, but what he said was a sad fact, end of story. He said it because he felt powerless seeing how people condemn violence when they're not responsible for it, and justify it when they're contributing to it. Even as a cynical meat-eater, I can understand that frustration. This doesn't mean that I agree with the timing or the inconsiderate nature of the comment. There are times when sad facts are unnecessary.

I know someone who lost a friend in the massacre. Using the event over and over again as a way to justify one's behaviour on an internet forum is callous. It was 3 years ago. Let them rest.

I'll f*** off now.

Are you completely f***ing nuts? Don't answer that. It's a rhetorical question. Morrissey's comments on Utoya are now the fault of those who remind him he made them? f*** me, I've heard some sloblock on here, but that takes the absolute biscuit.

I'll tell you what, trask. Let me know the next time a close family member dies and I'll compare them to chickens for you, you utter f***ing mooncup.

Because I like sharing your posts with people at work, we then all laugh at what a sad c*** you are. Its called poking fun at someone and we like it. Last week we played a game which was, find a picture on the net that you imagine Brummie Boy looks like. Funnily enough all 5 pictures were of a wanker.

I can't believe you've just admitted that.

Well, I'm not a 'fan'. Am I going to be banned for saying so? I'm a member of the Audience. I love most of the music but thinks he's becoming a total embarassment. A prat. And this latest debacle just adds to my views that he's a dipstick once he steps offstage or opens his mouth other than to sing.

If I'm not a grown-man, how old do you think I am? 14? Are you a Belieber? Or a Directioner? I bet you love Nicki Minaj more than Morrissey! Here's some grown men and women discussing pop music just like we do here!

best
BB

More disingenuous garbage from BB. You're a hater, everyone knows it, and like all the haters on here, you're gradually having to adjust your position with all kinds of unconvincing caveats after the amount of perfectly legitimate criticism you, Barleycunt and the others have come in for recently. None of you can provide a plausible reason for spending SO MUCH TIME on this site, day in day out, when all you do is attack, sneer, whine, complain. Doesn't sound like an objective, impartial member of "the audience" to me.

If roles were reversed and someone who spent all day every day on this site irrationally praising SPM to the hilt was suddenly claiming not to be an apologist but merely "a member of the audience", you and Barleycunt would be rightly deriding them for the self-evident idiocy of their position. Nobody is convinced by weasel words and semantics. You can call yourself what you like, but the evidence of how much time you spend here and the nature, tone and content of your posts speaks for itself.

Seriously, people, don't get sucked into these 'debates'.

A person who dedicates a large portion of their life to a pop singer they dislike is not operating rationally. Usually, this type of behaviour is a reaction to something else in their lives. Usually pain or frustration. This has nothing to do with Morrissey; they could be obsessed with a co-worker, or a neighbour, or people who ride bikes without helmets. You can't reason with them. You can repeat the same arguments, and they'll repeat theirs. It never ends.

You can't make them stop. If they'll stop, they'll stop. Let them have this. Ignore them. (I'll try to do exactly that after posting this.) Letting their negativity affect your brain is pointless. Argue with them -> they become more frustrated -> you're just making their behaviour worse.

Btw. BrummieBoy is insane in the kind of way that can be quite interesting when it comes to famous artists and other successful figures. Bobby Fischer for instance, and, in some ways, Morrissey. When the person in question is a troll on an internet forum, it's just tiring, though.

I'll f*** off now.

A pop singer who dedicates a large portion of their life to a Queen they dislike is not operating rationally.

If I'm 'insane, interesting and tiresome', does that explain why you have spent so much time thinking about me?

He trolled Utoya, he trolls the Royals, he trolls Animal Rights. Morrissey is the real troll in this scenario, not me. Now, it looks as if C4 may have called his bluff and sent the troll back into his cave for Xmas. Which is where trolls should stay when Santa leaves his North Pole Norwegian bolt-hole on Svalbard and comes with presents.

best
BB

More disingenuous garbage from BB. You're a hater, everyone knows it, and like all the haters on here, you're gradually having to adjust your position with all kinds of unconvincing caveats after the amount of perfectly legitimate criticism you, Barleycunt and the others have come in for recently. None of you can provide a plausible reason for spending SO MUCH TIME on this site, day in day out, when all you do is attack, sneer, whine, complain. Doesn't sound like an objective, impartial member of "the audience" to me.

If roles were reversed and someone who spent all day every day on this site irrationally praising SPM to the hilt was suddenly claiming not to be an apologist but merely "a member of the audience", you and Barleycunt would be rightly deriding them for the self-evident idiocy of their position. Nobody is convinced by weasel words and semantics. You can call yourself what you like, but the evidence of how much time you spend here and the nature, tone and content of your posts speaks for itself.

Why do you have to swear? The nature, tone and content of your posts speaks for itself. I'm upset now. So I'm going to listen to Taylor Swift and reassure myself that the 'haters gonna hate, hate,hate,' but that doesn't matter because I'm just going to 'shake it off, shake it, shake it off'.

The only reason I can offer for spending so much time on this site is that it amuses me to do so. And I get fed up of Solitaire.

best
BB

Why do we come here ? And why a hi a ha ha hi do we hang around ?

I come here to defend my Queen and country as well as point out what a fraud Tosserrey has turned out to be, also I decide what diet I consume in MY time on the lonliest planet as well.
How's that without going into a ten page essay ?

f*** Anonymous

Benny-the-British-Butcher

He's made the right decision to turn down this opportunity. His reputation is generally very poor in the UK, and he doesn't need even more bad publicity.

After the Jonathan Ross thing and now this I hope we will hear no further protestations of being ignored by the media. Between the two shows he'd have reached ten million or so people.

"In answer to many people who have asked, I should like to finally make it clear that I have not received*any*television invitations –worldwide!*– to either discuss*World peace is none of your business,*or even to sing any songs from the album."

His grievance was with lack of opportunity to perform wpinoyb.

The Alternative Christmas Message is the preserve of comedians and novelty acts that don't take themselves seriously. He's done well to dodge being set up as a piece of car-crash TV. Anyone who calls him out for not having the courage of his convictions is just plain naive.

Gregor, in the first sentence you say he is right to complain about having no TV coverage, and in the fifth you speak of the media attention he gets. While it's true an album release by Morrissey attracts press interest, if that does not translate into airplay and sales, what exactly was the point? He might as well have given it away online.

With respect there is little comparison between a spot on Jonathan Ross or Kimmel and an email natter with a Serbian or Turkish music site. We know Ross was hopeful to get him on and we know Kimmel was interested in making peace after Duckgate, yet nothing.

It does make me wonder just how committed Morrissey is to the World Peace album. He's playing swathes of it live, but he likes to give the impression he's always moving forward, but...

He played one show in London (population 8.3 million) in front of 18,000 people, but, and tell me if I'm being unfair, his shows in Europe have more often than not been in pretty small venues for a star of his magnitude. You would expect someone of his proven ability to be playing larger venues to larger audiences.

Why isn't he? I think it's more about what he says than what he sings.

Well, you have to ask Moz about that, really. He's old fashioned, we know that. And the album has sold, albeit not that much.

I think you make reference to these European music sites in quite a derogatory way. But yes, of course. Ross would be a much bigger deal. But we don't know what happened to all that. We can only specualte, as you do. And regarding Kimmel...well, I wouldn't want to go back there after the bad mouthing he suffered. I'd say "f*** Kimmel." And besides, that show isn't even entertaining.

Well, some artists prefer smaller venues. And some concert goers, as well (me, for example. I prefer the intimacy). And it's not like he performs in clubs. And he's been playing these kinds of venues for the most part of the 2000's. It's nothing new. I saw him at the Reading Hexagon back in 06, for example, and it was beautiful.
Playing smaller venues (for example when on tour in smaller European countries, as you mentioned) doesn't necessarily mean your career is shipwrecked. That would be a quite crass way of seeing things.

Back
Top Bottom