Alternative Christmas Speech - true-to-you.net

Re: New post on TTY Alternative Christmas Speech

Direct link here... http://www.true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_141208_01

Text as follows:

"8 December 2014

Alternative Christmas Speech

Morrissey has politely declined an invitation from Channel 4 Television to deliver an Alternative Christmas Day Speech which would be transmitted at the same time that the Queen delivers her Christmas Day speech for the BBC.

Morrissey has commented:

"My view that the monarchy should be quietly dismantled for the good of England is reasonably well-known, but I don't think Christmas Day is quite the time to be trading slaps. The Queen should be allowed the impassioned trance of her annual address to the British people, if only to once again prove that, in her frozen posture, she has nothing to offer and nothing to say, and she has no place in modern Britain except as a figure of repression; no independent thought required. The Queen very well might be the most powerful woman in England, but she lacks the power to make herself loved, and the phony inflation of her family attacks all rational intellect.
All over the world highly civilized peoples exist without the automatic condescension of a 'royal' family. England can do the same, and will find more respect for doing so.
"

P.

HOLY SHIT.

It's actually a good thing he said no because it would just make the haters hate even more. A ballsy move by Channel 4 though. Who knew they were really that anti-establishment?

#MozXmasSpeech

Last edited:

Probably his most mature statement on royalty in recent memory.

two things. yeah i had no idea that channel 4 were so ballsy (sorry ladies) and alternative queen is genius and i could so see it being used by some clever chap or what not. wished id thought of it myself

Morrissey bottles it....

So given a platform to go head-to-head with the queen, and allow dissident opinion to tune in as a protest against her speech, he bottles it. Because? Well, reading this incoherant ramble, it's clear he lacks both the intellectual gravitas to make any such speech, and the courage to put his ideas centre-stage. He would rather preach to his converted cult than directly address a wider audience.

Let's start with obvious facts. The queen is not just a figure-head of England, but also Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Canada and various other ex-colonies. So 'for the good of England' and ' England can do the same' clearly reveal gross ignorance. Of course, unless he's actually domiciled for personal and corporate tax in the UK or a current/ex colony that pays for the royals upkeep, then he has no business in making any such 'alternative speech'.

When Morrissey writes "I don't think Christmas Day is quite the time to be trading slaps." it's worth remembering his whinging about Xmas in the past and also noting that not everyone is Christian in this country. His deference to this festival suggests he remains, at heart, in thrall and deferential to current arrangments.

Despite lambasting ex-colonial America over what he calls 'thankskilling', Morrissey has now turned down the perfect opportunity to confront and educate a wider audience about the slaughter of turkeys for 'Christmas Day'. Is he not prepared to get stuck in, 'trading slaps' on behalf of the turkeys, geese and pigs slaughtered for 'Christmas'?

Despite continuously obsessing over the British Constitutional Monarchy, he has also now turned down a fabulous chance to give publicity to organisations such as Republic who, instead of just whinging onstage or from a fan's blog, are actually trying to create the conditions for change.

It seems he prefers to hiss from the side-lines rather than take centre stage. And it increasingly seems as if his 'animal rights' and 'republican' credentials are falling to pieces. I cannot see why anyone would take this 'entertainer' remotely seriously as a political commentator. He has turned down 'Question Time' and now this wonderful opportunity. Yet we are asked to accept there is a 'media conspiracy' to prevent him reaching a global audience? He could have sound-tracked his 'alternative speech' with WPINOYB and featured his celebrity friend Russell Brand's call for 'revolution. He is an entertainer, nothing more.

I wonder what Morrissey eats on Christmas Day?

best
BB

'Republic. Campaigning for a democratic alternative to the monarch'.

http://www.republic.org.uk/what-we-want

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey bottles it....

Definite fear of his nonsense being transmitted to a wider audience and being called out on it. I'm sure if Channel 4 had said only the yes-men will watch, he'd have done it...

Posted on True to You earlier today - Oh How I wish Morrissey had agreed to this!!

Alternative Christmas Speech - true-to-you.net
8 December 2014

Morrissey has politely declined an invitation from Channel 4 Television to deliver an Alternative Christmas Day Speech which would be transmitted at the same time that the Queen delivers her Christmas Day speech for the BBC.

Morrissey has commented:

"My view that the monarchy should be quietly dismantled for the good of England is reasonably well-known, but I don't think Christmas Day is quite the time to be trading slaps. The Queen should be allowed the impassioned trance of her annual address to the British people, if only to once again prove that, in her frozen posture, she has nothing to offer and nothing to say, and she has no place in modern Britain except as a figure of repression; no independent thought required. The Queen very well might be the most powerful woman in England, but she lacks the power to make herself loved, and the phony inflation of her family attacks all rational intellect.
All over the world highly civilized peoples exist without the automatic condescension of a 'royal' family. England can do the same, and will find more respect for doing so."

Last edited by a moderator:

He complains he is never invited. Yet when he is he turns it down. Reminds me of that Duck Dynasty fiasco.

This is a missed opportunity to state his views on the monarchy and animal rights and even plug WPINOYB. This could have been a memorable and important moment. Could have had Brand go with. Or call in perhaps. Next time I hear him diss the Royals, I will be doing one of these: :rolleyes:.

as he has stated, his views are well known, to broadcast at the same time as Lizzy would just come across as bitter, even when he is being gracious people don't miss a chance to attack the man, guess I will be called a yes man now.. oh the pain, the pain, best regards, Manc Lad

as he has stated, his views are well known, to broadcast at the same time as Lizzy would just come across as bitter, even when he is being gracious people don't miss a chance to attack the man, guess I will be called a yes man now.. oh the pain, the pain, best regards, Manc Lad

He doesn't want to sound bitter. He needs to uphold his reputation for being gracious. :rolleyes: Get a grip, yes-man.

He doesn't want to sound bitter. He needs to uphold his reputation for being gracious. :rolleyes: Get a grip, yes-man.

Typical response from a no-woman.

He stated his case, and if he had done so he'd just have more people here and everywhere attacking him rather than the message. He isn't interested in people knowing HIS view, he cares about the message itself and doesn't think it is an appropriate way/time to deliver it. It comes across as bitter, more bitter than usual on Christmas day.

Face it, no matter what his response was to this, you'd be all over it saying it is the wrong thing to do, as that's how you generally are. The typical response to him appearing on TV on Christmas day would be "jesus, Moz, give it a rest". Thus, it would be a pointless exercise, and I'm glad he realises that.

That his views are well known has never stopped him from showing that stupid documentary over and over again.
His request that all of contrary opinion on the show be traced, ejected and beaten was probably rejected by the network, leading to his declining to appear.

"Christmas is not the time to be trading slaps", says Morrissey.
"f*** that", says the uncivilized vermin and David Tseng loving Morrissey haters of Morrissey-solo.com. "It's always time for slappin'! We love to hatehatehate!"

Morrissey can never ever doing anything right (according to the vermin). Even though he's addressed the issue with monarchy and the state of the nation in numerous songs, statements and interviews throughout the years (especially in recent years) and getting lambasted for it by the Solow vermin, they want more. And on (inter)national TV, at that!

Morrissey declined and gave a perfectly good explanation as to why he declined. But the vermin want blood shed. They want more. They want war.

He's been very public about his views on these subjects for 30 years now. He's not exactly shying away from them, or being coy. Wouldn't this speech just be repetition? And at Christmas? I know I wouldn't have been too keen had he said yes.

"Christmas is not the time to be trading slaps", says Morrissey.
"f*** that", says the uncivilized vermin and David Tseng loving Morrissey haters of Morrissey-solo.com. "It's always time for slappin'! We love to hatehatehate!"

Morrissey can never ever doing anything right (according to the vermin). Even though he's addressed the issue with monarchy and the state of the nation in numerous songs, statements and interviews throughout the years (especially in recent years) and getting lambasted for it by the Solow vermin, they want more. And on (inter)national TV, at that!

Morrissey declined and gave a perfectly good explanation as to why he declined. But the vermin want blood shed. They want more. They want war.

He's been very public about his views on these subjects for 30 years now. He's not exactly shying away from them, or being coy. Wouldn't this speech just be repetition? And at Christmas? I know I wouldn't have been too keen had he said yes.

Repetition is his middle name. Christmas is for Christians; he just declared he is an atheist in the Serbian article.

Typical response from a no-woman.

Nah. I'm a maybe-baby.

He stated his case, and if he had done so he'd just have more people here and everywhere attacking him rather than the message. He isn't interested in people knowing HIS view, he cares about the message itself and doesn't think it is an appropriate way/time to deliver it. It comes across as bitter, more bitter than usual on Christmas day.

Face it, no matter what his response was to this, you'd be all over it saying it is the wrong thing to do, as that's how you generally are. The typical response to him appearing on TV on Christmas day would be "jesus, Moz, give it a rest". Thus, it would be a pointless exercise, and I'm glad he realises that.

Wrong again. I for one would have tuned in and given him kudos for stepping up to the plate. Even if I disagreed with some of his views.

Repetition is his middle name. Christmas is for Christians; he just declared he is an atheist in the Serbian article.

That's YOUR interpretation as his words were translated from English to Serbian and back to English again. That's like putting stock in the signs I see as being accountable and verifiable. He never said the word "Atheist."

I think it's wise for him to turn it down.

Last edited:

Nah. I'm a maybe-baby.

Wrong again. I for one would have tuned in and given him kudos for stepping up to the plate. Even if I disagreed with some of his views.

Well, based on this sample size of 1, then yeah he definitely 100% should have done it!

He's made the right decision to turn down this opportunity. His reputation is generally very poor in the UK, and he doesn't need even more bad publicity.

After the Jonathan Ross thing and now this I hope we will hear no further protestations of being ignored by the media. Between the two shows he'd have reached ten million or so people.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom