Alternative Christmas Speech - true-to-you.net

Re: New post on TTY Alternative Christmas Speech

Direct link here... http://www.true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_141208_01

Text as follows:

"8 December 2014

Alternative Christmas Speech

Morrissey has politely declined an invitation from Channel 4 Television to deliver an Alternative Christmas Day Speech which would be transmitted at the same time that the Queen delivers her Christmas Day speech for the BBC.

Morrissey has commented:

"My view that the monarchy should be quietly dismantled for the good of England is reasonably well-known, but I don't think Christmas Day is quite the time to be trading slaps. The Queen should be allowed the impassioned trance of her annual address to the British people, if only to once again prove that, in her frozen posture, she has nothing to offer and nothing to say, and she has no place in modern Britain except as a figure of repression; no independent thought required. The Queen very well might be the most powerful woman in England, but she lacks the power to make herself loved, and the phony inflation of her family attacks all rational intellect.
All over the world highly civilized peoples exist without the automatic condescension of a 'royal' family. England can do the same, and will find more respect for doing so.
"

P.

Re: Post on TTY Alternative Christmas Speech

Mine is that he shows up Christmas night after the family is gone and you're alone and sad with paper on the floor and the gifts strewn about you didn't really want and your on your third glass of wine and feeling sorry for yourself that yet another Christmas was a big ol' symbolic bust that you even washed the sheets for. Then BAM! "So I hear you want me to put my penis inside your vagina?" Why yes, please come in. Would you like some wine? :D

I like your style. No foreplay!

I like your style. No foreplay!

I'd open the door and he'd take my lead but would be too freaked out to spit out the sentence but he'd try cuz he's a trooper and be stuttering almost throwing up "I he...I hear you..." And I'd put a drunk finger to his lips and say "You had me at "I he." then I'd take him upstairs and we'd f*** to Thelonius Monk and he'd say it was weird...wait, I think I'm going a little too Maguire on this fantasy...I'd say "You had me at "I he" and he'd step in and I'd shut the door fast and draw the shades and who knows what would happen. Nobody. But it would be good.

*sigh*

I'd open the door and he'd take my lead but would be too freaked out to spit out the sentence but he'd try cuz he's a trooper and be stuttering almost throwing up "I he...I hear you..." And I'd put a drunk finger to his lips and say "You had me at "I he." then I'd take him upstairs and we'd f*** to Thelonius Monk and he'd say it was weird...wait, I think I'm going a little too Maguire on this fantasy...I'd say "You had me at "I he" and he'd step in and I'd shut the door fast and draw the shades and who knows what would happen. Nobody. But it would be good.

*sigh*

Very nice. You into women?

Very nice. You into women?

If they're trapped in the body of effeminate men with a cock I can ride. Then yes.

Mozz goes for the dudes, I dont think he bothers with beards anymore.

I think it's best he didn't take them up on their offer -- his views are indeed well-known and well-covered enough.
However, I'd like to see news of this fascinating media opportunity get some ink, though. Nothing on Google News that I can see.

Don't you go posting anymore mucky pictures on here. You *might* get banned...which would be lulz.

best
BB

It wasn't mucky. The mucky parts were blanked out. Are you that offended by two adult males?

He doesn't want to sound bitter. He needs to uphold his reputation for being gracious. :rolleyes: Get a grip, yes-man.

Oh no we're all yes men and sheep. This is getting really old.

ive only been here a min and im sick of it already. always the same, always the same

"England can do the same". One would think that His Majesty would be aware that Her Majesty rules over more than just England. Another rant from an Englishman, that I would hope would be aware, that England Is Not The World. His ill thought through statement that omits the entire Commonwealth including the UK (the pesky adjuncts: Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) buys into the very notion of English elitism that he so deparately parodies. And why isn't Christmas Day the time to be trading slaps? Is this because he offers deference to the Catholic Church, who as we all know, exerts no power, discrimination or prejudice in its actions?

If they're trapped in the body of effeminate men with a cock I can ride. Then yes.

Jesus Christ (cannot help me now).

In relation to Morrissey, what an experience that would be. Morrissey's Christmas Day speech. It would make Christmas Day worth getting out of bed for... If only.

@BrummieBoy:

I've gotten fairly good at avoiding comments made by yourself and a few others on here that have absolutely nothing to offer except for masturbatory, self-important page-long rants about how utterly worthless Morrissey is, and how anyone who supports him or his music should have their head examined, blah blah blah. Lest I be accused of being a sycophantic follower, allow me to clarify that as an American, I really don't care one way or the other about the Queen, I'm not a vegetarian, and I think that "World Peace..." is overall pretty lackluster.

But as I was spending a bored lunch break at work scrolling through this topic, my eyes chanced upon you having the nerve to say "He is a troll." Never mind that you said it about Morrissey. It's the fact that you said it about someone else. Anyone else. Anyone else on the history of the World Wide Web. Ever.

You, my man (sorry, boy), are the very definition of the word. There's a saying about "the pot calling the kettle black". Between your post-padding, the sheer volume of tripe you offer, the negativity, the baiting, and the absurd amount of time you spend on a musician you seem to dislike so much, I'm completely dumbfounded. Even if your every post is just some huge joke and you're the biggest Moz fan in the world, the amount of time and effort you put into your posts is staggeringly pathetic. I don't usually respond to your kind (and they are in abundance here), but enough is just f***ing enough.

I was going to tell you not to bother to respond, but that's pretty laughable. I have zero doubt your fingers are hovering over your keyboard composing either another imbecilic diatribe to share with all, or in anticipation of responding to someone like me, who really shouldn't bother giving you the time of day. There's another saying about "not feeding the trolls", and while it's advice I feel I should take, it's also high time for someone to reiterate how ridiculous you are. If it helps, I can tell you not to bother to respond to me. You see, I have job, friends, pets, books, music, and just generally other things to do with my time then spend Every. Waking. Hour. on the fansite of an artist I hate (though I won't deny I've thought about it in the case of Fergie. That is some repugnant shit).

In closing, I'd like to drop all pretense of civility and adulthood and tell you to go f*** yourself with what I'm sure is a record-breakingly small penis.

best
safari4ad

More disingenuous garbage from BB. You're a hater, everyone knows it, and like all the haters on here, you're gradually having to adjust your position with all kinds of unconvincing caveats after the amount of perfectly legitimate criticism you, Barleycunt and the others have come in for recently. None of you can provide a plausible reason for spending SO MUCH TIME on this site, day in day out, when all you do is attack, sneer, whine, complain. Doesn't sound like an objective, impartial member of "the audience" to me.

If roles were reversed and someone who spent all day every day on this site irrationally praising SPM to the hilt was suddenly claiming not to be an apologist but merely "a member of the audience", you and Barleycunt would be rightly deriding them for the self-evident idiocy of their position. Nobody is convinced by weasel words and semantics. You can call yourself what you like, but the evidence of how much time you spend here and the nature, tone and content of your posts speaks for itself.

I don't think he is a hater, he appears to disapprove of all the noise that comes with him when he is not singing. I am the same, simply like the mans music and don't care fore all the other crap. Difference between the two of us is that Brummie Boy vocalises his distaste whereas I don't care what he says as its all about the music for me.

*sigh*

Haven't you already opened a thread to discuss this fantasy scenario? It definitely needs to be in The Pigsty.
kthks!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't mucky. The mucky parts were blanked out. Are you that offended by two adult males?

No, but this is a family website, so behave.

best
BB

"Morrissey turns down alternative Christmas message to rival Queen

http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...-down-alternative-christmas-message-queen-bbc

" in the past few years alone, Morrissey has suggested the royal family were partly responsible for the decline of endangered species and the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha, and he likened the Queen’s position to that of Muammar Gaddafi. At Morrissey’s recent O2 show, the singer entered the stage in front of a photoshopped image of the Queen giving both of her middle fingers, which switched to a photo of William and Kate captioned with the phrase “United King-dumb”"

Seriously, people, don't get sucked into these 'debates'.

A person who dedicates a large portion of their life to a pop singer they dislike is not operating rationally. Usually, this type of behaviour is a reaction to something else in their lives. Usually pain or frustration. This has nothing to do with Morrissey; they could be obsessed with a co-worker, or a neighbour, or people who ride bikes without helmets. You can't reason with them. You can repeat the same arguments, and they'll repeat theirs. It never ends.

You can't make them stop. If they'll stop, they'll stop. Let them have this. Ignore them. (I'll try to do exactly that after posting this.) Letting their negativity affect your brain is pointless. Argue with them -> they become more frustrated -> you're just making their behaviour worse.

Btw. BrummieBoy is insane in the kind of way that can be quite interesting when it comes to famous artists and other successful figures. Bobby Fischer for instance, and, in some ways, Morrissey. When the person in question is a troll on an internet forum, it's just tiring, though.

Psychologically, Johnny Barleycorn and Morrissey have quite a lot in common. Both are full of hate. However, it does seem that Johnny is able to look at his behaviour critically enough to know that what he's doing is really silly. That's the reason why he's so obsessed with the Utøya thing; he sees it as the best way to justify his behaviour. I am both Norwegian and a meat-eater, but I understand what Morrissey said and why he said it. The timing was bad, but what he said was a sad fact, end of story. He said it because he felt powerless seeing how people condemn violence when they're not responsible for it, and justify it when they're contributing to it. Even as a cynical meat-eater, I can understand that frustration. This doesn't mean that I agree with the timing or the inconsiderate nature of the comment. There are times when sad facts are unnecessary.

I know someone who lost a friend in the massacre. Using the event over and over again as a way to justify one's behaviour on an internet forum is callous. It was 3 years ago. Let them rest.

I'll f*** off now.

The problem is that the apologists (trask, Gregor, Surface etc.) write so badly and show such a lack of intelligence in their ramblings, that it makes it hard to agree on, or even understand anything they have to say. Morrissey has forever encouraged his fans to fight the system, and not partake in blind loyalty (to the government, Royal Family et al.), and yet here the most moronic of fans do just that - blindly follow anything their god says or does. If you Yes-men cannot see the hypocrisy and ignorance of this "silly old man", then you're even less intelligent than your posts suggest.

Even the more literate Yes-men (Chickpea, Kweene, Marred etc.) have been very quiet these days. As the 2014 tour predictably unravels, they are clearly beginning to realise that their blameless idol is in fact a total mess. (Cue Chickpea & Eurydice proclaiming "That's why we love him, wouldn't be the same without the drama, that's our Moz and we love him, he's so different..." blah blah, yawn, yawn)

The sooner you accept that Moz isn't as intelligent as he thinks, has very little notion of what UK or US politics entail, has no reason to hate the royal family, is a hypocrite (especially when it comes to meat being murder), the sooner you can stop defending him blindly and ignorantly.

And for those that respond to any criticism by whining "Why do you come on here to post negative comments about Morrissey?" - you don't have to like (blindly adore) someone to find them interesting and (inadvertently) amusing. Must historians adore Hitler in order to pass comment on him, or find him interesting? I love coming here to read up on the latest car crash and to watch idiots defend him and explain his actions. I also come here to see about latest news on releases and read reviews and download concerts and look at pictures. AYNIM is utter shite, as we all know.

Morrissey is a superb singer and lyricist. But nothing more. Don't forget that.

The problem is that the apologists (trask, Gregor, Surface etc.) write so badly and show such a lack of intelligence in their ramblings, that it makes it hard to agree on, or even understand anything they have to say. Morrissey has forever encouraged his fans to fight the system, and not partake in blind loyalty (to the government, Royal Family et al.), and yet here the most moronic of fans do just that - blindly follow anything their god says or does. If you Yes-men cannot see the hypocrisy and ignorance of this "silly old man", then you're even less intelligent than your posts suggest.

Even the more literate Yes-men (Chickpea, Kweene, Marred etc.) have been very quiet these days. As the 2014 tour predictably unravels, they are clearly beginning to realise that their blameless idol is in fact a total mess. (Cue Chickpea & Eurydice proclaiming "That's why we love him, wouldn't be the same without the drama, that's our Moz and we love him, he's so different..." blah blah, yawn, yawn)

The sooner you accept that Moz isn't as intelligent as he thinks, has very little notion of what UK or US politics entail, has no reason to hate the royal family, is a hypocrite (especially when it comes to meat being murder), the sooner you can stop defending him blindly and ignorantly.

And for those that respond to any criticism by whining "Why do you come on here to post negative comments about Morrissey?" - you don't have to like (blindly adore) someone to find them interesting and (inadvertently) amusing. Must historians adore Hitler in order to pass comment on him, or find him interesting? I love coming here to read up on the latest car crash and to watch idiots defend him and explain his actions. I also come here to see about latest news on releases and read reviews and download concerts and look at pictures. AYNIM is utter shite, as we all know.

Morrissey is a superb singer and lyricist. But nothing more. Don't forget that.

And clearly you can't read. As I said, don't give a shit about his ramblings, just the music. I took you off ignore as I didn't know why I had ignored you originally. Now I know why - goodbye

And clearly you can't read. As I said, don't give a shit about his ramblings, just the music. I took you off ignore as I didn't know why I had ignored you originally. Now I know why - goodbye

Because I have different opinions to you, I imagine. Turn a blind eye, just like you do when Morrissey f***s up.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom