Alternative Christmas Speech - true-to-you.net

Re: New post on TTY Alternative Christmas Speech

Direct link here... http://www.true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_141208_01

Text as follows:

"8 December 2014

Alternative Christmas Speech

Morrissey has politely declined an invitation from Channel 4 Television to deliver an Alternative Christmas Day Speech which would be transmitted at the same time that the Queen delivers her Christmas Day speech for the BBC.

Morrissey has commented:

"My view that the monarchy should be quietly dismantled for the good of England is reasonably well-known, but I don't think Christmas Day is quite the time to be trading slaps. The Queen should be allowed the impassioned trance of her annual address to the British people, if only to once again prove that, in her frozen posture, she has nothing to offer and nothing to say, and she has no place in modern Britain except as a figure of repression; no independent thought required. The Queen very well might be the most powerful woman in England, but she lacks the power to make herself loved, and the phony inflation of her family attacks all rational intellect.
All over the world highly civilized peoples exist without the automatic condescension of a 'royal' family. England can do the same, and will find more respect for doing so.
"

P.

Re: Post on TTY Alternative Christmas Speech

Are you completely f***ing nuts? Don't answer that. It's a rhetorical question. Morrissey's comments on Utoya are now the fault of those who remind him he made them? f*** me, I've heard some sloblock on here, but that takes the absolute biscuit.

I'll tell you what, trask. Let me know the next time a close family member dies and I'll compare them to chickens for you, you utter f***ing mooncup.

I've lost close family members. The objective fact that other people and other animals matter too doesn't insult me at all. It's simply a fact. It doesn't make my loved ones any less important.

Isaac Bashevis Singer, a Jewish writer who lost friends and family members in the Holocaust, said wisely, "In their behavior toward creatures, all men are Nazis. Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought." Something to think about.

Also, this: "Morrissey's comments on Utoya are now the fault of those who remind him he made them?" is just delusional. You're not communicating with him.

Last edited:

Isaac Bashevis Singer, a Jewish writer who lost friends and family members in the Holocaust, said wisely, "In their behavior toward creatures, all men are Nazis. Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought." Something to think about.

Rubbish. That presupposes that each and every one of us gives way to animalistic victimisation when we ourselves are not the victim. Utter nonsense. We are perfectly capable of compassion, empathy and love and not resorting to kicking a dog down the path given the slightest chance.

P.

@BrummieBoy:

I've gotten fairly good at avoiding comments made by yourself and a few others on here that have absolutely nothing to offer except for masturbatory, self-important page-long rants about how utterly worthless Morrissey is, and how anyone who supports him or his music should have their head examined, blah blah blah. Lest I be accused of being a sycophantic follower, allow me to clarify that as an American, I really don't care one way or the other about the Queen, I'm not a vegetarian, and I think that "World Peace..." is overall pretty lackluster.

But as I was spending a bored lunch break at work scrolling through this topic, my eyes chanced upon you having the nerve to say "He is a troll." Never mind that you said it about Morrissey. It's the fact that you said it about someone else. Anyone else. Anyone else on the history of the World Wide Web. Ever.

You, my man (sorry, boy), are the very definition of the word. There's a saying about "the pot calling the kettle black". Between your post-padding, the sheer volume of tripe you offer, the negativity, the baiting, and the absurd amount of time you spend on a musician you seem to dislike so much, I'm completely dumbfounded. Even if your every post is just some huge joke and you're the biggest Moz fan in the world, the amount of time and effort you put into your posts is staggeringly pathetic. I don't usually respond to your kind (and they are in abundance here), but enough is just f***ing enough.

I was going to tell you not to bother to respond, but that's pretty laughable. I have zero doubt your fingers are hovering over your keyboard composing either another imbecilic diatribe to share with all, or in anticipation of responding to someone like me, who really shouldn't bother giving you the time of day. There's another saying about "not feeding the trolls", and while it's advice I feel I should take, it's also high time for someone to reiterate how ridiculous you are. If it helps, I can tell you not to bother to respond to me. You see, I have job, friends, pets, books, music, and just generally other things to do with my time then spend Every. Waking. Hour. on the fansite of an artist I hate (though I won't deny I've thought about it in the case of Fergie. That is some repugnant shit).

In closing, I'd like to drop all pretense of civility and adulthood and tell you to go f*** yourself with what I'm sure is a record-breakingly small penis.

best
safari4ad

You are wasting your breath mate.
These retarded individuals; bummie, Ben the bitch, barelyborn etc. don't respond to logic. They tiptoe through responses carefully avoiding anything that will blow up in their faces.
I was thinking of starting a site dedicated entirely to them and constantly slag hind them off 24/7 for years and years, only two problems- to a man they do nothing outside of slagging a man they clearly obsessively love, and secondly I have a life and would get bored after twenty minutes.

Rubbish. That presupposes that each and every one of us gives way to animalistic victimisation when we ourselves are not the victim. Utter nonsense. We are perfectly capable of compassion, empathy and love and not resorting to kicking a dog down the path given the slightest chance.

P.

I think Singer was trying to say that it's human nature to take credit for the good things while turning a blind eye to the bad. That we as humanity take selective responsibility for the impact of our actions. "It's someone else doing the victimization, not me because I love animals (while finding joy in a YouTube clip of a monkey riding a motorcycle.)"

I've lost close family members. The objective fact that other people and other animals matter too doesn't insult me at all. It's simply a fact. It doesn't make my loved ones any less important.

Also, this: "Morrissey's comments on Utoya are now the fault of those who remind him he made them?" is just delusional. You're not communicating with him.

Just because one famous survivor of the Holocaust shares an opinion does not make him the spokesperson for all others. There are far more who have taken offense to the analogy.

He's never pulled a Jake Gylenhall and had a succession of beards. I don't even remember one.

He had quite a few in LA, level headed, they would go out and check out the dudes together.

P.

I think you missed the point. It is a fact that people tend to condemn violence when they're not responsible for it (the Holocaust, for example), and rationalize violence when they're already contributing to it (the meat industry, for example). I do eat meat (and I'm starting to feel increasingly conflicted about it, by the way). It's not like I ever made a conscious decision to support the meat industry. I was simply raised in a culture where this is the norm. Just like other people were raised in a culture where Jews were considered trash.

Another quote from Singer: "As often as Herman had witnessed the slaughter of animals and fish, he always had the same thought: in their behaviour towards creatures, all men were Nazis. The smugness with which man could do with other species as he pleased exemplified the most extreme racist theories, the principle that might is right."

Re: New post on TTY Alternative Christmas Speech

Repetition is his middle name. Christmas is for Christians; he just declared he is an atheist in the Serbian article.

Except Christmas quite clearly isn't for Christians. If you think it is you obviously haven't opened your curtains for a few centuries of more.

Why is it that just because you admire someone (for whatever reason), relate to him/her and feel a certain connection to that person, you are blindly and repeatedly labelled either a sycophant, cultist or an apologist? Why are hate and disgust the only credible feelings to have? Isn't this...sick?

Why is it that just because you admire someone (for whatever reason), relate to him/her and feel a certain connection to that person, you are blindly and repeatedly labelled either a sycophant, cultist or an apologist? Why are hate and disgust the only credible feelings to have? Isn't this...sick?

Exactly. This is the most sincere, down-to-earth post in the whole thread.

When you spend too much time on this forum, you kind of start to think that all this is somehow normal and justified. But there's more to humanity than hate. For a moment you forget that.

I don't think I'm the only one who finds this place genuinely depressing. Why do I keep coming back? Does it take a certain kind of person to be able to spend years on this forum? For the people who only post hate, this place probably isn't that depressing; they're already full of hate and this is just one of the outlets. For the rest of us, the negativity is tiring. It is f***ed up and unfair if Morrissey-solo is only for people who think that Morrissey is Satan.

But BrummieBoy did state: "I don't care about your feelings." These are not nice people.

When it comes to Morrissey, I'm very capable of healthy criticism. But I certainly don't feel a need to hate him irrationally, and I certainly don't think that I'm somehow communicating with him through my posts. If I started hating him, I'd start listening to something else. Instead of dedicating the remaining decades of my life to a pop singer I used to like. :straightface:

Luke, I'm sorry if this wasn't proper English.

Last edited:

Do I write badly? I don't think I do. Writing is my profession after all. But I do live in Norway, and in my everyday life, I only talk and write in my own language. Excusez-moi. It would certainly be interesting to see you write excellent prose in Norwegian.

Did you actually read the post you quoted? In that post I 1) call Morrissey crazy, 2) say that he's full of hate, 3) disagree with the way he expressed his opinion. How am I blindly adoring him? :squiffy:

I think that Morrissey is slightly insane, and often genuinely ignorant. I also think that he's full of irrational hate, and that many of his opinions are quite silly, and that he's not very good at expressing them. But all these things apply to people like BrummieBoy and Johnny Barleycorn just as well. The difference is that Morrissey is a legendary musical icon and a fascinating human being, and these people are lunatics obsessed with him. I react to them because I'm one of the many people who find their behaviour tiring. Seeing the pot calling the kettle black is annoying. So is endless hate and negativity.

These people could completely ignore a singer they dislike. I'm fairly certain that most people who visit this page are not registered users, which means that they can't really ignore the presence of these characters. An average fan comes here to see what others have to say about a gig they just saw; instead, they find a thread full of BB and JB and people reacting to them. It's not a huge crime, but it's not very nice either.

You could ignore me, but choose not to. Somehow that's my problem?......OK....

As for 'casual visitors', if they're 'casual visitors' they can either take the site at face value, as the proprietor presents it or register and avail of the 'ignore' function. The fact that they choose not to is somehow my problem?.....OK! And the fact that they face reams of comments from you querying my right to express my opinion is also somehow my fault?......OK....*rollseyes*

It's worth noting that you write "Morrissey is slightly insane, and often genuinely ignorant. I also think that he's full of irrational hate, and that many of his opinions are quite silly" However, even though that's not 'very nice' you'd like me to accept you, unlike me, are justified in extreme statements because

1] You claim to be a 'professional writer'
2] You claim that Morrissey is 'a legendary musical icon and a fascinating human being' and that therefore his slight 'insanity' is justified.

These are opinions. You are entitled to them. However, you should not expect anyone with vaguely functioning logic skills to accept your rather spurious line of reasoning. I leave you with the invitation to put me on 'ignore' and get on with your fascinating life in Norway, secure in the knowledge that your opinions are utterly irrelevant to me. ""What other people think of me is none of my business."

best
BB

Exactly. This is the most sincere, down-to-earth post in the whole thread.

When you spend too much time on this forum, you kind of start to think that all this is somehow normal and justified. But there's more to humanity than hate. For a moment you forget that.

I don't think I'm the only one who finds this place genuinely depressing. Why do I keep coming back? Does it take a certain kind of person to be able to spend years on this forum? For the people who only post hate, this place probably isn't that depressing; they're already full of hate and this is just one of the outlets. For the rest of us, the negativity is tiring. It is f***ed up and unfair if Morrissey-solo is only for people who think that Morrissey is Satan.

But BrummieBoy did state: "I don't care about your feelings." These are not nice people.

When it comes to Morrissey, I'm very capable of healthy criticism. But I certainly don't feel a need to hate him irrationally, and I certainly don't think that I'm somehow communicating with him through my posts. If I started hating him, I'd start listening to something else. Instead of dedicating the remaining decades of my life to a pop singer I used to like. :straightface:

Luke, I'm sorry if this wasn't proper English.

This reads very well.

You could ignore me, but choose not to. Somehow that's my problem?......OK....

As for 'casual visitors', if they're 'casual visitors' they can either take the site at face value, as the proprietor presents it or register and avail of the 'ignore' function. The fact that they choose not to is somehow my problem?.....OK! And the fact that they face reams of comments from you querying my right to express my opinion is also somehow my fault?......OK....*rollseyes*

It's worth noting that you write "Morrissey is slightly insane, and often genuinely ignorant. I also think that he's full of irrational hate, and that many of his opinions are quite silly" However, even though that's not 'very nice' you'd like me to accept you, unlike me, are justified in extreme statements because

1] You claim to be a 'professional writer'
2] You claim that Morrissey is 'a legendary musical icon and a fascinating human being' and that therefore his slight 'insanity' is justified.

These are opinions. You are entitled to them. However, you should not expect anyone with vaguely functioning logic skills to accept your rather spurious line of reasoning. I leave you with the invitation to put me on 'ignore' and get on with your fascinating life in Norway, secure in the knowledge that your opinions are utterly irrelevant to me. ""What other people think of me is none of my business."

best
BB

Ok. Whatever. This is sad and pointless.

"I leave you with the invitation to put me on 'ignore' and get on with your fascinating life in Norway." Thanks. I will.

@BrummieBoy:

I've gotten fairly good at avoiding comments made by yourself and a few others on here that have absolutely nothing to offer except for masturbatory, self-important page-long rants about how utterly worthless Morrissey is, and how anyone who supports him or his music should have their head examined, blah blah blah. Lest I be accused of being a sycophantic follower, allow me to clarify that as an American, I really don't care one way or the other about the Queen, I'm not a vegetarian, and I think that "World Peace..." is overall pretty lackluster.

But as I was spending a bored lunch break at work scrolling through this topic, my eyes chanced upon you having the nerve to say "He is a troll." Never mind that you said it about Morrissey. It's the fact that you said it about someone else. Anyone else. Anyone else on the history of the World Wide Web. Ever.

You, my man (sorry, boy), are the very definition of the word. There's a saying about "the pot calling the kettle black". Between your post-padding, the sheer volume of tripe you offer, the negativity, the baiting, and the absurd amount of time you spend on a musician you seem to dislike so much, I'm completely dumbfounded. Even if your every post is just some huge joke and you're the biggest Moz fan in the world, the amount of time and effort you put into your posts is staggeringly pathetic. I don't usually respond to your kind (and they are in abundance here), but enough is just f***ing enough.

I was going to tell you not to bother to respond, but that's pretty laughable. I have zero doubt your fingers are hovering over your keyboard composing either another imbecilic diatribe to share with all, or in anticipation of responding to someone like me, who really shouldn't bother giving you the time of day. There's another saying about "not feeding the trolls", and while it's advice I feel I should take, it's also high time for someone to reiterate how ridiculous you are. If it helps, I can tell you not to bother to respond to me. You see, I have job, friends, pets, books, music, and just generally other things to do with my time then spend Every. Waking. Hour. on the fansite of an artist I hate (though I won't deny I've thought about it in the case of Fergie. That is some repugnant shit).

In closing, I'd like to drop all pretense of civility and adulthood and tell you to go f*** yourself with what I'm sure is a record-breakingly small penis.

best
safari4ad

Dear 'safari4ad'

I was concerned and slightly alarmed to read your comment. Clearly you are in some emotional distress! Obviously your attempts at ignoring me have failed, so you need a strategy for spending your lunch-break on something more uplifting and nourishing. Perhaps a walk in nature or some transcendental meditation? Try not to think about Fergie either!

Why do you call me 'boy'? Are you from the deep South? Do you feel a paternalistic duty of care towards me? There are so many issues that arise from a brief scan of your correspondence but I feel it is my duty to ask those close to you to shepherd you to a place of safety away from the WWW. For, if you had only typed 'Morrissey Troll' into Google or any other search engine you would have found the following:

"Morrissey: from rock genius to internet troll"

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...2/dec/13/morrissey-rock-genius-internet-troll

"Live Report: Morrissey At The O2 Arena, London

A quintessential troll, an unmistakable icon…"

Now, I suggest you re-think your position. Or contact the authors of those articles and give them a piece of your mind like you've dished out to me. I'm sure that will put them in their place, just as I feel chastised and foolish as I struggle and fail to respond to your withering put-downs. *rolleyes*

"What other people think of me is none of my business."

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. Whatever. This is sad and pointless.

"I leave you with the invitation to put me on 'ignore' and get on with your fascinating life in Norway." Thanks. I will.

Goodbye 'trask' in Norway!

Next contestant!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Hello 'Gregor Samsa'

Viva Hate!

best
BB

Moz needs to sack his press officer/PA as bullshit like this makes him look like bitter has been.

'However, a spokesperson for Channel 4 has confirmed to NME that the station has extended no such offer to the former Smiths frontman. "We are not aware of any approach having been made to Morrissey to deliver Channel 4’s Alternative Christmas message," the spokesperson said in a statement'.

Moz needs to sack his press officer/PA as bullshit like this makes him look like bitter has been.

Channel 4 deny they approached Morrissey to record alternative Christmas message

'However, a spokesperson for Channel 4 has confirmed to NME that the station has extended no such offer to the former Smiths frontman. "We are not aware of any approach having been made to Morrissey to deliver Channel 4’s Alternative Christmas message," the spokesperson said in a statement'.

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/81631

You couldn't make it up! Xmas comes early. Get your 'Fcuk C4' t-shirts at Mporium!! LOLOLOLOL!

best
BB

Last edited:

Channel 4 deny they approached Morrissey to record alternative Christmas message

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/81631

You couldn't make it up! Xmas comes early. Get your 'Fcuk C4' t-shirts at Mporium!! LOLOLOLOL!

best
BB

Eh? What gives here? Another day of doublespeak in the world of Moz?

P.

Eh? What gives here? Another day of doublespeak in the world of Moz?

P.

In fairness, this reads like standard station jargon - they've probably asked if he'd be interested - thus no firm offer and an easy way to affirm should he reject the chance, or the story leak out early.

In fairness, this reads like standard station jargon - they've probably asked if he'd be interested - thus no firm offer and an easy way to affirm should he reject the chance, or the story leak out early.

Well, I undersand that, but there's one party here saying that the offer was made. Who do you believe? I sould sugggest that "politely declined an invitation" means that an invitation to make the speech was offered. But Channel 4 said nothing about an offer - they said they were not aware of any approach being made. Something is lost in translation here.

P.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom