"America is Black" - Morrissey on U.S. election - Sam Esty Rayner Photography / Facebook

What a bizarre, unhinged rant. This is perhaps one of the most baffling of them all.

*EDIT*

Text of post below

Message from Morrissey

America is Black

In the United States, minorities are the majority. But who would guess such a thing to scan an eye over the political frontrunners in the 2016 election?
Donald Trump is George Wallace.
Hillary Clinton is pooled money.
Neither speaks for modern America. The day when the new President is to be announced is already prepared as a national day of mourning, for there can be no result for the good of all (or even for the good of most). American politics doesn’t work – not even for the American people alone, and each time you vote you support the process. Far from being excited about immediate change, America is already slumped in a head-shaking disbelief.
The myth that ‘anyone’ can become U.S. President neglects to add the crucial ‘if they have 1 billion dollars to fund their campaign’.
Bernie Sanders, being the only candidate to offer change that does not involve bombs and war and bombs and more war, could not possibly be allowed to win because he far too much resembles a human being. He is true and he is honest but he doesn’t have the necessary 1 billion dollar campaign at his fingertips. Despite his quite incredible initial success, he was not ever allowed CNN headlines. As he won an impressive collection of states, CNN would instead announce A LOSS FOR CLINTON, whereas when Clinton wins, the headlines are hers alone, and do not trumpet A LOSS FOR SANDERS. By this we see how Sanders had always been willed to lose. We have been force-fed a Clinton win from the very start of the election, whereas the astonishing gains by Sanders have been reported as someone getting in the way. There has not been a fair media representation of Sanders success because that success makes it very plain that America is not quite robustly convinced of yet another Clinton president, therefore even the bulk of American democrats are already giving the thumbs down to the future President, which doesn’t look terrific on a global level. Whatever will North Korea think?
With the three main political faces of 2016 being white, it becomes clear that Barack Obama did nothing to build black economic power, and perhaps black oppression is now rife throughout America because Obama had made it clear that he does not defend black people (Ferguson is the only example you need, but there are many others). In white-supremacist political Britain, London’s ‘Princess’ Diana (for she wasn’t ever seen in any other part of the country) was wiped-out because, if still alive, she would now have at least three brown children, and they – not the mentally stunted William and Kate, would be the faces of modern political London, and thus the anarchy of monarchy would feel its grip slip.
Black people built modern America, yet there is zero black energy in American politics. It existed at one time (Malcolm X, Dick Gregory, Dr. King, and perhaps James Baldwin), but no more. CNN has given every main headline for the last six months to Donald Trump – who erroneously believes that America is a ‘white’ country (it wasn’t ever so) and who seems to be a whisper away from uttering the word ‘lynching’. Skeletons in rocking chairs are impressed by Trump’s gung-ho aggression … but why? It’s illogical to create more laws against minorities on the basis that minorities statistically break the law more often than middle-class whites, because, after all, laws in America target blacks and Hispanics far more than they target whites, which is why the masculine energy of numerous TV cop ‘reality’ dramas will only show the police chasing poor people (usually black), but never errant bankers or devious lawyers, or judges who applied the wrong sentence. The sadness, of course, is that even now we must talk in terms of black and white or varied color. It is politics, and not the people, who insist upon divides. How else to rule?
The main crisis of this election is that both Clinton and Trump are, once again, the undisputed faces of the already dominant society – a society that does not work for anyone who is not a billionaire. Clinton talks about new freedoms for women as if women have just been invented. In her world, perhaps they have? Whilst it is true that ALL American TV commercials feature middle-class white women, there is admittedly the obligatory Hispanic passer-by - waving and reassuringly happy on the sidelines, looking in. After a historically shocking two years of random murders of black males by white police officers, where in America are the modern black revolutionaries? Nowhere visible. On Skid Row in Los Angeles, none of the thousands of homeless faces are white. Just coincidence? Instead, we see lots of strong masculine black energy with … nothing to do and nowhere to go and no one to make them believe that hope could even exist. This is the truth of America that is alien to Clinton and Trump, and must always remain so.
It is unimaginable for Ethiopia to ever have a white Prime Minister, for the leaders must at least physically resemble the people to some degree - otherwise, chaos.
What America needs for balance is something that it has never had: a black president.

MORRISSEY
29 April 2016.

Again, it's Morrissey who acts as some kind of moral authority. Instead of making music and letting that speak for itself he constantly tells us what to do, what to eat, what to buy and who to vote for. HE is a judge and a ranter on the Internet. Yet at the same time he lives his life in a way that some find inconsistent with his self-explained moral superiority.

The fact that I am gay and that I don't want to be discriminated, bullied, judged for something that I cannot change has nothing to do with my ability to call out M on his hypocritical ways. It seems though that because I am gay and want equality I am somehow not allowed to judge (M's behavior) according to some. Would you call me a hypocrite if I was straight and said the same thing about M? What point are you trying to make here? Six people had up-voted my first post in this thread before they reset the thumbs-up count. Are they hypocrites and bitchy gays as well?
I AM letting him live his life. I just think that his own behaviours and choices make his opinions on politics and minorities less credible. I didn't say he should be shot.

But saying that makes me an oppressor of "my own members", a fanatic gay and a hypocrite, apparently.

"Obama is not a black President." "Society does not work for anyone who's not a billionaire." From a wealthy pop singer who refuses to be labelled. Purlease. He is a walking counter example to his own ridiculous claims.

Morrissey says some things just to stir the pot. And he has also withheld some things particularly about his personal life over the years to keep people wondering.

Perhaps he doesn't want to be pigeonholed. After all, pigeonholing people is the norm nowadays.

I guess it's a balance of being able to transcend superficiality and live according to one's individuality rather than being tied to one's superficiality and letting that define one as an individual--at least in the minds of others.

It's kind of hard to claim privacy when you talk about having an imaginary girlfriend and go in depth on how you and she almost had a child, and yet your constant companion is always a man.
Not to mention all the songs about unrequited love are always about a man, and when it's about a woman it's "pretty girls make graves."
If he wasn't obviously gay and didn't base his entire life on a gay aesthetic, and then create new words to describe his own private sexuality he could duck behind the curtain and claim privacy.
The story is old, I know, etc.

FFS, hes not gay hes super gay.
Yes he almost had a kid with a woman, just like Ricky Martin did.

Nobody but the most deluded section of his cult believes any of that girlfriend/humasexual nonsense.

hes not gay he just feels that there are too many photos of naked women in the media and not enough of naked men. which makes perfect sense and doesnt not make you super gay.
actually, it does make you super gay.LOL

I thinks that's one of the reasons mcgregor gave as to why he keeps showing his penis in movies

Wow, so Moz is now a racist and denier of his own race!

I could see that coming actually. Illuminati anyone?

FFS, hes not gay hes super gay.
Yes he almost had a kid with a woman, just like Ricky Martin did.

Nobody but the most deluded section of his cult believes any of that girlfriend/humasexual nonsense.

I dunno. It's not like he acts camp for the hell of it or anything. He has a real personality. "Super gay" to me is putting on the valley girl voice and flitting about like it's 1980 and you're trying to be a pansified gender rebel.

Don't know what's funnier, the hysterical fanfrau going mental with the "dislike"-button or her believing that "gay" is an insult to Moz.

I dream with the day when sexual orientation of any human being doesn't have enough social relevance to be the object of public debate.

I think we should point out though, in reference to the main topic, that America is actually only about 12-13% black and also that Morrissey failed to prove his thesis or, I suppose, main proclamation that "America is black." America is certainly part black and black Americans are being ignored by the party that claims to care about them and claims to want to better their standing. The opposite is happening and things are only getting worse and yet--many blacks want to vote them back in!

It seems to be in part a case of "you can't help someone if they aren't going to help themselves." Hillary will be more of Obama and Obama did nothing for the blacks. It's a shame.

YOU MAD BRO ?

16 dislikes to my post all within a few minutes, HOW SAD YOU ARE..

image.jpg

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

You really have a few screws loose.

You go on a f***ing down-voting bender because bad bad peoplez call Mowwissey ghey and when they start doing the same to you to show you what a ridiculous tool you are you start crying about it. How old are you?

Besides, you ARE on ignore, but because you keep down-voting me I get alerts and read your comments.

Now go do one you clown.

And don't forget to down-vote this.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom