Question America Is Not The World - Sample

Art-Hound

Hello,

Does any one know where the sample ("We are all innocent") comes from at the end of "America Is Not The World"?

Many thanks,

Art-hound

Archive suggests possibly The Lambeth Boys or the term "You're not old enough, son" is spoken. This was meant to be verified via a German interview for Rolling Stone, 2004. I've not the time to decrypt it with Google, but if any fluent German readers can cast their eyes over said interview and confirm anything for/against, that would be helpful. I have seen America Is Not The World mentioned in the text and translated around it with no joy.
It sounds like ...innocent.. to myself.
Scanning old films for bits of samples is something I've done for a few Wiki entries, but there's nothing solid to start digging around for other than the Lambeth mention. If that's ruled out, we may never know...
Paging Alain Whyte...
FWD.

Thank you for that, FWD. Helpful as always!

Maybe I'll rewatch The Lambeth Boys some point soon, and try and pinpoint if it is from there.

Archive suggests possibly The Lambeth Boys or the term "You're not old enough, son" is spoken. This was meant to be verified via a German interview for Rolling Stone, 2004. I've not the time to decrypt it with Google, but if any fluent German readers can cast their eyes over said interview and confirm anything for/against, that would be helpful. I have seen America Is Not The World mentioned in the text and translated around it with no joy.
It sounds like ...innocent.. to myself.
Scanning old films for bits of samples is something I've done for a few Wiki entries, but there's nothing solid to start digging around for other than the Lambeth mention. If that's ruled out, we may never know...
Paging Alain Whyte...
FWD.
Didn't find anything like that. It only says, that the "hamburger" line is funny and the line "the land of the free, they said..." could be something Michael Moore would agree to. Nothing more

At the end of the sample, am I right in thinking the person says "sir"? If so, it got me thinking whether the sample had come from a film based in a school or something - I know Morrissey has recently used To Sir, With Love in his pre-concert films...

Also, the more I listen to the less I think it says "We are all innocent"; it sounds to me like "We're not old enough, sir", or "You're not enough, sir".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom