America's Most Obese Cities

The obesity stats go up in any city in which I happen to enter. :(

Last edited:
I
obesity_chart.jpg

am I the ONLY person who thought 'wtf... Malta?!' :D

Your country is one of (if not the most) powerfull country in the world, then why do you have this problems? why don't you have universal health care? Why is it so expensive to go to college? it doesn't make any sense!

if we had universal health care...America wouldn't be as rich and powerful. a lot of money spent on wars and foreign affairs. a lot of money spent to protect the power of the top 1%

Realize the "America the Great" is not exactly "America the Reality". Many people are poor or middle class...and the middle class is dropping quickly.

Furthermore, those countries that are skinnier and healthier are slowly losing it as American fast food culture slowly creeps in to those areas. It took America at least 50 years to get where it is now (talking about the obesity epidemic) and it will take the other countries time too.

America wasn't built to walk around; it was meant to be driven. the city built for walking (New York City) is one of the fittest cities. And if you subtract all those people who are new to the city (the turnover rate is high), it would probably top the list of fittest cities.

you bring up Poland, but have you ever compared the city planning of POlish cities, cities built a thousand years ago (meaning compact and easily bikeable and walkable) to American cities and the suburbs that surround them.

Poland, with a population of 40 million has 2 million farmers. so their GDP creates a fit environment. America doesn't have that. We drive to the office or whatever place of employment. All this is changing in Poland, as their economy changes.

So finally, what i say to you is you have no idea...which is fine to voice what you think you know about America, but don't come on here saying we are stupid and you are oh so smart when that is not the case at all.

Last edited:
well... :D

seriously though, is anybody here from Houston? I think that the amount of the gross area product doesn't really mean that there are not a lot of poor people there. We're talking about a very large area with some very wealthy people and corporations, but also a very large population and most of what I read about it makes it sound like a lot of them are poor.

I have seen a few videos and read about the rap music scene from there and it sounds and looks pretty bleak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, my own is apparently #16.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/11/14/health-obesity-cities-forbeslife-cx_rr_1114obese_slide_2.html?thisspeed=20000

Is it all the meat/McMurder outlets, the High Fructose Corn Syrup, or is there something more perfidious going on?

I'm not suprised to find my home, San Antonio, to be in 3rd place. With BBQ joints on every corner (2 Bill Miller BBQs in my neighborhood), I can see how it happens. If you consume fatty animal and lard enhanced beans nonstop you become overweight/obese.

What makes it worse is that when I reject meat and other fatty foods at work I am shunned. In San Antonio, "healthy eating" means stuffing your face with fat fat fat.

I'm not suprised to find my home, San Antonio, to be in 3rd place. With BBQ joints on every corner (2 Bill Miller BBQs in my neighborhood), I can see how it happens. If you consume fatty animal and lard enhanced beans nonstop you become overweight/obese.

What makes it worse is that when I reject meat and other fatty foods at work I am shunned. In San Antonio, "healthy eating" means stuffing your face with fat fat fat.

There are plenty of healthy places in San Antonio. Furthermore, if you were to just work out every once in awhile the fat comes off. Not saying your fat, but if you were fat, you do something about it. Did I not see you eyeing Chick-Fil-A a time or two? Hmmmmmmmmm?

I can guarantee if you'd try a chopped beef po-boy from Bill Miller's you would see why there are so many of them in town.

Meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder.

Plus Appleblonde, I thought you claimed Austin as your home ;)

Check your PM ;)

But yeah, SE Houston mainly - Almeda, La Porte, Clear Lake...

Back
Top Bottom