"An Open Letter To Morrissey" by John Robb - Louder Than War

John's views are the same as many - hope Morrissey reads it

John Robb is a f***ing dick. I can't imagine Morrissey being a "fan of his writing" or whatever projection he made in that poorly written piece

John Robb is a f***ing dick. I can't imagine Morrissey being a "fan of his writing" or whatever projection he made in that poorly written piece

I thought it was okay. Why is he a “f***ing dick?” Is it because his view don’t fit in with your inner-narrative about Morrissey or for a different reason?

I thought it was okay. Why is he a “f***ing dick?” Is it because his view don’t fit in with your inner-narrative about Morrissey or for a different reason?

NO its because he is an obvious jabo. Probably has a tattoo on top of his head.:eek:

Please dont hesitate to put more unemployed jabos pontificating on what Moz should
or shouldnt do.:straightface: Fits right in with the loon insanity. Find someone wearing a clown
outfit and link him here. :crazy:

https://louderthanwar.com/open-letter-morrissey/

Article on Louder Than War by Manchester journalist/musician John Robb.
Think its a decent piece myself, he seems to always revert back to the fact Morrissey is allowed to say what he likes, there are no hysterical cries of ‘Racist!!’ but pleads with him just to consider how his mouth is harming his loyal fanbase, and I think he encapsulates how many Moz fans are feeling currently.

I’m glad he referenced Mark E Smiths’s C4 interview too, because many a indie journo darling mourned his death (rightfully so) without any mention of that. If Moz was to comment the same...

Thoughts?

Last edited:
"The world you want to live in is clashing with the one your loyal and beautiful fans believe in – the one you once helped to construct." Exactly. Their worldview is a construct. Tear it down, Morrissey. They know nothing.

Yes, but again this letter sees the light of day based on the bad, biased press and not because of anything Morrissey has done or said, because he's said the same 'worrying' things for over 25 years now.
It would be much more refreshing to write a letter of support especially since he says he enjoys his latest recorded output. Isn't that all that matters? Why jump on the anti-Moz-bandwagon then?
Cause that's what he is seemingly doing, thus adding insult to injury.

Every time I read some open letter article to Morrissey about how he should change so they can enjoy his music again I get goosebumps, followed by hysterical laughter. Hell, I might even drop a nut later, just thinking about it.

These indie dweebs are as soft as baby fecies. I can't like you or enjoy you unless we share the same world view on practically everything. Its getting tedious now. Go listen to Richard Ashcroft.

I don’t want someone to pretend a political stance so that I can listen to there music. There’s enough phoniness in pop music already. I don’t want morrissey to become a careerist calculator

How many records have the left loon employed 'fanbase' put out that we can follow them.
This wanker is totally insane which is expected LOL Its the thought police. It comes from
Pollo fascism/communism. YIKES what a combo.:eek:

I dont foresee Moz attending a Skinny fungus gig in some basement somewhere.:crazy:

This is like "Morrissey, don't be yourself or I don't like you anymore". Maybe that kind of conditioning works for you, but 1) it's too much to ask to a person, and 2) how would you feel if that person follows your guidelines?

This is like "Morrissey, don't be yourself or I don't like you anymore". Maybe that kind of conditioning works for you, but 1) it's too much to ask to a person, and 2) how would you feel if that person follows your guidelines?

Point 2 indeed...

Not that it's clear what John Robb is asking or expecting of Morrissey anyway?

Maybe he specific clear numbered instructions on what he is and isn't allowed to say. I wonder if that's what Robb had in mind when he decided to join the fray in writing this paean ...

Or perhaps he just thought it would be a good article that would get a few good reads for all channeled angst and, not much thought beyond that...

Fact is that Moz is a bigot if not in deed, at least in word, which yes, that matters, I just want him to shut up already but yeh, also get that’s just not him, oh well...

Glad to read some common sense among the comments in the reply section of 'John Robb's Letter of Patronisation from the Manchester Musiccal Elite'. At least four or five replies I read were spot on.

Moz's opinions pefectly align with how so many working class people feel up and down the country.

Britain is the most tolerant place in the world, but this tolerance has been exploited by the greedy ruling elite. The Blair government opened the floodgates in '97 for cheap labour to benefit the rich so the working class are no longer needed and have been pushed aside.

Their concerns have for years been silenced by accusations of racism - that everyone who possesses a single brain cell now knows is a ploy.

John Robb, in a patronising tone addressed to someone much cleverer than him, is merely acting as a moral enforcer for the power elite. And what's funny is that he's too stupid to even realise this.

Last edited:
Quite a lot of this type of thing appearing online at the moment.
Here's one that dares to go the other direction for a bit of balance (which is not indicative of any view on my own part - said to help the knee-jerkers):

For non-Facebook types:
"The collective hysteria that continues to grip those who appear to not be concerned about anything else in life other than what Morrissey is thinking, saying, or doing at any given moment, and how they can weave it into their tired ‘far-right racist’ narrative shows no sign of petering out anytime soon.

Like the fires sweeping across the North West, which, no sooner doused spring up anew, every interview or announcement given and made only serve to create further flare-ups along with a blanket of thick smoke that obscures anything resembling rational thought or reasoned discussion, and leaves everyone flapping around in a sea of conjecture dressed up as fact, and opinion served up as truth.

While a fraction of those paying attention to the ongoing melee are prepared to do their own research and arrive at their own conclusions, as opposed to choosing a side from the outset and becoming ever more entrenched in their positions, regardless of anything anyone else may say, most are serving their own agendas, with those who never miss an opportunity to savage Morrissey shouting the loudest and most often in an attempt to drown out anyone who may suggest that, behind the faux outrage and the genuine dismay, there’s another story that very few are prepared to acknowledge.

It’s undoubtedly true, as Morrissey has pointed out, that the traditional ideas of left-wing/right-wing no longer apply, just as the term ‘racist’ can no longer be used with the same abandon it previously was in order to drown out unpalatable truths, and tarnish the reputation of those who have chosen to shine a light on the murky corners of British society, where unscrupulous operators have conducted their nefarious activities with impunity for too long, aided and abetted by corrupt and self-serving Politicians from Blair’s New Labour, to their natural heirs in the current Tory Party.

It’s far from apparent to me that For Britain are a ‘far-right’ Party, or that Tommy Robinson is a racist or ‘hate-preacher’. Having conducted extensive research , I’ve concluded that virtually everything I was told about these people, or led to believe, came from an unreliable source, from the British Establishment and their lackeys in the media, who have a vested interest in keeping the British people ignorant regarding their true agenda. Of course whenever we mention topics of this nature, however careful we are regarding the language we use, we run the risk of being pilloried by the under-educated and the over-bearing alike, who will employ social media to destroy the reputations and careers of those who speak up and speak out.

I’m of the traditional Left, and an ardent Corbyn supporter, who has actively canvassed for Jeremy’s Labour Party since he was elected Party Leader, and NOTHING that Morrissey has said has caused me any consternation. What has caused me great sadness, and continues to both disappoint and infuriate in equal measures, are the constant attacks and misrepresentations on and regarding Morrissey and his opinions, which have been woefully and wilfully misunderstood and distorted beyond all recognition.

Thanks in part to Dave Haslam’s despicable opportunism and the unrelenting bleatings of the ‘ex-fans’ whipped into a frenzy by the ill-informed opinions and disingenuous commentary from those who have only ever wished him ill, it now seems highly unlikely we’ll ever see Morrissey grace the stage of a UK venue again, and who could blame him for focussing his attentions on his loyal fan bases in the US and around the world to whom the rantings and ravings of the easily led and the overfed in the UK are met with puzzled bemusement.

For Man’s grim Justice goes its way
And will not swerve aside
It slays the weak, it slays the strong,
It has a deadly stride
With iron heel it slays the strong,
The monstrous parricide!

The Ballad of Reading Gaol - Oscar Wilde"

Regards,
FWD.

Quite a lot of this type of thing appearing online at the moment.
Here's one that dares to go the other direction for a bit of balance (which is not indicative of any view on my own part - said to help the knee-jerkers):

For non-Facebook types:
"The collective hysteria that continues to grip those who appear to not be concerned about anything else in life other than what Morrissey is thinking, saying, or doing at any given moment, and how they can weave it into their tired ‘far-right racist’ narrative shows no sign of petering out anytime soon.

Like the fires sweeping across the North West, which, no sooner doused spring up anew, every interview or announcement given and made only serve to create further flare-ups along with a blanket of thick smoke that obscures anything resembling rational thought or reasoned discussion, and leaves everyone flapping around in a sea of conjecture dressed up as fact, and opinion served up as truth.

While a fraction of those paying attention to the ongoing melee are prepared to do their own research and arrive at their own conclusions, as opposed to choosing a side from the outset and becoming ever more entrenched in their positions, regardless of anything anyone else may say, most are serving their own agendas, with those who never miss an opportunity to savage Morrissey shouting the loudest and most often in an attempt to drown out anyone who may suggest that, behind the faux outrage and the genuine dismay, there’s another story that very few are prepared to acknowledge.

It’s undoubtedly true, as Morrissey has pointed out, that the traditional ideas of left-wing/right-wing no longer apply, just as the term ‘racist’ can no longer be used with the same abandon it previously was in order to drown out unpalatable truths, and tarnish the reputation of those who have chosen to shine a light on the murky corners of British society, where unscrupulous operators have conducted their nefarious activities with impunity for too long, aided and abetted by corrupt and self-serving Politicians from Blair’s New Labour, to their natural heirs in the current Tory Party.

It’s far from apparent to me that For Britain are a ‘far-right’ Party, or that Tommy Robinson is a racist or ‘hate-preacher’. Having conducted extensive research , I’ve concluded that virtually everything I was told about these people, or led to believe, came from an unreliable source, from the British Establishment and their lackeys in the media, who have a vested interest in keeping the British people ignorant regarding their true agenda. Of course whenever we mention topics of this nature, however careful we are regarding the language we use, we run the risk of being pilloried by the under-educated and the over-bearing alike, who will employ social media to destroy the reputations and careers of those who speak up and speak out.

I’m of the traditional Left, and an ardent Corbyn supporter, who has actively canvassed for Jeremy’s Labour Party since he was elected Party Leader, and NOTHING that Morrissey has said has caused me any consternation. What has caused me great sadness, and continues to both disappoint and infuriate in equal measures, are the constant attacks and misrepresentations on and regarding Morrissey and his opinions, which have been woefully and wilfully misunderstood and distorted beyond all recognition.

Thanks in part to Dave Haslam’s despicable opportunism and the unrelenting bleatings of the ‘ex-fans’ whipped into a frenzy by the ill-informed opinions and disingenuous commentary from those who have only ever wished him ill, it now seems highly unlikely we’ll ever see Morrissey grace the stage of a UK venue again, and who could blame him for focussing his attentions on his loyal fan bases in the US and around the world to whom the rantings and ravings of the easily led and the overfed in the UK are met with puzzled bemusement.

For Man’s grim Justice goes its way
And will not swerve aside
It slays the weak, it slays the strong,
It has a deadly stride
With iron heel it slays the strong,
The monstrous parricide!

The Ballad of Reading Gaol - Oscar Wilde"

Regards,
FWD.

Music to my ears from beginning to end. This should be read aloud like a new proclamation to every member of the UK public.

Last edited:
I don’t want someone to pretend a political stance so that I can listen to there music. There’s enough phoniness in pop music already. I don’t want morrissey to become a careerist calculator

It’s too late for Morrissey to be worrying about his career. In the UK, and to the level of being able to put a tour together, in Europe, it’s been given a suicide pill in the form of a couple of political statements. I don’t know about you but... I Know It’s Over.

Point 2 indeed...

Not that it's clear what John Robb is asking or expecting of Morrissey anyway?

Maybe he specific clear numbered instructions on what he is and isn't allowed to say. I wonder if that's what Robb had in mind when he decided to join the fray in writing this paean ...

Or perhaps he just thought it would be a good article that would get a few good reads for all channeled angst and, not much thought beyond that...

Not very clear indeed. Maybe he can write an instruction manual.

Music to my ears from beginning to end. This should be read aloud like a new proclamation to every member of the UK public.

Why? It’s utter bullshit.

Paul has studied Tommy Robinson and For Britain and concluded that they are neither racist or far right. Really? He has done nothing of the sort. He is simply clinging to shreds to defend the indefensible. He’s read the For Britain “manifesto” and read little Tommy ascerting his “Racist? Not me squire” public persona. Had he spent one minute looking into those people behind For Britain and his new mate Tommy, he would find little to defend with such faux grandiosity. His comments are near psychopathy, if you could actually believe that he has reached them with any modicum of independent thought. He has not. He is a sycophant. A grown man who will fit himself into whatever Morrissey shaped hole is presented. Think about that for a minute.

This is a man who regurgitates Morrissey’s opinions, however objectionable (and he knows it), who spends his life regurgitating Morrissey’s career. Even the rats only followed the Pied Piper. Don’t go falling for some carefully mimicked lines from the “sincere homage” to the Pied Piper. Indulge yourself with your own thoughts, your own opinions, created by your own world view.

Tags
an open letter to morrissey john robb louder than war morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom