An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Hi everybody! I'd like to add my thanks to everyone for the wonderful stuff on here. Does anyone have a digital version of that Animal (DJ Dickey Doo Remix) 12"? I'm always fascinated by remixes, sometimes they are awful and sometimes very interesting...
If anyone has it I'd love it if you could share it with on here :)

Cheers,
Q

Does Anyone have recording of these songs to share with me?

23 May 2008 - Deer Lake Park, Burnaby, Canada
Gardening At Night (Don't know if there is any recording)

26 March 2005 - TSB Bowl Of Brooklands, New Plymouth, New Zealand
New Test Leper (Don't know if there is any recording)

20 November 2004 - Marion Oliver McCaw Hall, Seattle, WA
Around The Sun
Exhuming McCarthy

7 July 2003 - Piazza Grande, Locarno, Switzerland
soundcheck: Eat At Home [Paul McCartney song, sung by Scott McCaughey] / Superman / Tongue (part) / Finest Worksong / What's The Frequency, Kenneth?

6 July 1999 - 33rd Montreux Jazz Festival, Stravinski Auditorium, Montreux, Switzerland
Perfect Circle

3 October 1987 - Cameron Indoor Stadium, Duke University, Durham, NC
(Don't Go Back To) Rockville

Does anyone have the entire set (audio or video) of their appearance on the Cutting Edge show in 84?

There a a few songs (Rockville, Time After Time, Driver 8) that have been released, but I'd love to hear (or see) the whole thing.

Thanks all. Love this thread.

Hello, R.E.M. fans! I've been rebuilding my collection following an HD crash, and with the help of Dimeadozen, TTD and guitars101, I've got the essentials covered. I'm not a completist for official stuff like B-sides and alt. mixes; more of a live boot guy. One very helpful person over on guitars101 has a MEGA page with nearly 200 items, most of which are complete shows in FLAC. A real treasure trove, check it out:

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/r-e-m-live-1980-1998-a-352993.html

There are a couple of things I'm having trouble tracking down, though, so I thought I might as well post a request here, in case one of you fine people have one or more of these:

- 1985-05-27 Raleigh, NC (AUD) - I have the DVD, but there's supposedly an audience recording out there with the complete show.
- 1985-05-10 Madison, WI "Radio Free Georgia" vinyl rip (not to be confused with the 1982 Piedmont Park show bootlegged under the same name). This apparently circulates, but I've never seen it.

Either one of those would be GREAT.

- 1987-05-24 McCabe's Guitar Shop, Santa Monica. There's an mp3 version at archive.org, but FLAC would be nice.
- "Half A World Away Part 2" - contains the 91 MTV Unplugged session and filler from Rockline and SNL. Part 1 circulates widely, but I've never come across Part 2.

If anyone has a link to one or both of those, that would also be great, but I wouldn't want you to go to any trouble.

Have a great day, R.E.M. fans!

best regards,

MustacheMystery

If someone has the Analog Loyalist remaster of the 1983 Larry's Hideaway Toronto show available to repost, it would be most appreciated. I lost my copy somewhere along the line. Thanks!

I find the lack of new unreleased material depressing. That Monster reissue can't come soon enough!

I remember reading years ago that all of the words/phrases in the CD inserts of Monster were song titles from demos that never made the album.

Monster is my favourite album, despite it being hated by many fans. I would love to hear all the demos for it in good quality, I wonder how many we will get next year?

I have always suspected the same thing, I would almost say that since I saw the script for the first time those words would have to mean something

I have always suspected the same thing, I would almost say that since I saw the script for the first time those words would have to mean something

I just had a crash on one of my Music HD, and I lost some of my music. So I was wondering if anyone can help me to get these albums back in mp3 or flac? I had them only that HD, not even on my computer.
Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers ‎– Live At Fenway Park 2014
Mudcrutch ‎– The Very Best Performances From The 2016 Mudcrutch Tour
a-ha ‎– Hits South America
Drive-By Truckers ‎– Live Title Goes Here

Ok, I'm back to this thread with my external HD ready. What do you guys need these days?

I only have R.E.M. and don't have TFO exactly, but all the songs in it. Ask away!

Ok, I'm back to this thread with my external HD ready. What do you guys need these days?

I only have R.E.M. and don't have TFO exactly, but all the songs in it. Ask away!
What do you have? I have been looking for ages after the Seattle 04 show with Around the Sun as show opner.

Does anyone have the 2nd marlay park show from 2003 and Lansdowne Road, 1999? My first concerts

i'm sorry if any of these have been recently posted i've checked a few older links but they had all expired

I'm looking for:

"High Speed Train (Rehearsal)" from the "Aftermath" single
"Everyday Is Yours to Win (Live In Studio)" from the "Uberlin" single
"Supernatural Superserious (Live From Athens)" from Accelerate iTunes Pre-Order
"The Eleventh Untitled Song (Instrumental)" from the "Stand" single
"Shiny Happy People (Master Chief Mix)" from the "Shiny Happy People" promo single
"Radio Free Europe (Dub)" and "Drive (Secondary Mix)" from This Book Is On
"Low (Alternate Version)" and "The Outsiders (Alternate Version)" from "Wanderlust" singles

any help would be appreciated. in pretty much any quality, whatever's available FLAC, M4A, MP3 (VBR, 192, 256, 320)

thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited:
i'm sorry if any of these have been recently posted i've checked a few older links but they had all expired

I'm looking for:

"High Speed Train (Rehearsal)" from the "Aftermath" single
"Everyday Is Yours to Win (Live In Studio)" from the "Uberlin" single
"Supernatural Superserious (Live From Athens)" from Accelerate iTunes Pre-Order
"The Eleventh Untitled Song (Instrumental)" from the "Stand" single
"Shiny Happy People (Master Chief Mix)" from the "Shiny Happy People" promo single
"Radio Free Europe (Dub)" and "Drive (Secondary Mix)" from This Book Is On
"Low (Alternate Version)" and "The Outsiders (Alternate Version)" from "Wanderlust" singles

any help would be appreciated. in pretty much any quality, whatever's available FLAC, M4A, MP3 (VBR, 192, 256, 320)

thanks a lot in advance!

Hi there!

Here's a little package with all of those songs: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mxwbqec86lbszca/some tracks.rar

Actually, almost all of them. There's controversy surrounding that "Shiny Happy People (Master Chief Mix)". I have no idea if it's even real or if it's another remix under a different name, but I could never find this one. From the promo, I have a music mix, a hip mix, a pop mix and a Tower of Luv Bug mix. Could it be one of those?

Enjoy!

omg thank you so much! yeah i don't have any idea what the Master Chief Mix is either never heard of it before i saw it listed online somewhere. i'm assuming it's probably not real then

This thread has been wonderful for tracking down a lot of R.E.M. rarities. The one thing I'm still looking for is the Reveal Version 1.0 of She Just Wants To Be. If anyone could help me with that, that would be wonderul.

Thanks in advance.

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom