And finally: Smiths promo posters

grlmopz

The final part of my collection that I'm considering selling are a complete set of Smiths promo posters.
The majority of these posters are 12"x24", although a few are larger (Hatful of Hollow, William, Louder Than Bombs, Barbarism, Lollipop Boy Tour poster).

A photo of these posters on my bedroom wall once adorned the back page of the NME.

Important note: These posters have all been semi-permanently plaque-mounted onto wooden backing.
Over the years, the corners of a couple have peeled away which makes it seem very likely that it would be technically possible to remove them from the backing, but doing so could potentially damage the posters.

See http://www.frameusa.com/pages/plaque for details on plaque-mounting.

My list includes posters for all Smiths UK singles and albums, two for Panic and one for Barbarism Begins at Home. The previous poster on this forum has made a beautiful website

One downside of this mounting process is that the posters are rigid and quite heavy, so shipping could be expensive. I'd never anticipated selling them, so that thought didn't cross my mind at the time.

Drop me a line if you have any questions.

The final part of my collection that I'm considering selling are a complete set of Smiths promo posters.
The majority of these posters are 12"x24", although a few are larger (Hatful of Hollow, William, Louder Than Bombs, Barbarism, Lollipop Boy Tour poster).

A photo of these posters on my bedroom wall once adorned the back page of the NME.

Important note: These posters have all been semi-permanently plaque-mounted onto wooden backing.
Over the years, the corners of a couple have peeled away which makes it seem very likely that it would be technically possible to remove them from the backing, but doing so could potentially damage the posters.

My list includes posters for all Smiths UK singles and albums, two for Panic and one for Barbarism Begins at Home. The previous poster on this forum has made a beautiful website

One downside of this mounting process is that the posters are rigid and quite heavy, so shipping could be expensive. I'd never anticipated selling them, so that thought didn't cross my mind at the time.

What a shame they are plaque mounted, a full set like this if unused and rolled up in a tube would be worth thousands. God only knows the cost of posting to the UK too!!!

It never occurred to me, when I had them done, that I'd one day consider selling them.....
But, life goes on. :)

I'm interested. Are they still for sale?

Back
Top Bottom