Morrissey Central "And In The End" (March 16, 2020)

UPDATE Mar. 17:

As originally suggested by lanterns and noticed by Mozmar, the title of the post on Morrissey Central has been updated with an additional comma (and ellipsis, capitalization?): "AND, IN THE END ...".

Morrissey Central: "And In The End"

pow.jpg

"Leeds … just fantastic … I couldn't have wished for more.

Cologne … incredible … I couldn't have hoped for more.

London … phenomenal … I couldn't have prayed for more.

Thanks to everyone who came along … thanks for all that you give. It's beyond inspiring for me to see so many people who REFUSE to be dogs on chains."

Morrissey, 15 March 2020.

THIS COMING FRIDAY
I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN will be unchained at HMV, Rough Trade, Amazon, and other intelligent outlets.
The album is available as a gatefold CD, a cassette, a black vinyl LP, and a limited see-through vinyl LP.

Thank you for your support !

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Creative people are very focused on their work - if they couldn't tune the world out, they'd get distracted & would never finish anything.

Creative performers don’t rely on performing five chug rock cover versions In the set list. That is left to the pub Tribute bands.

?? :knife:

GTF outta here. Have you heard any of the garbage he’s released in the past 2 decades? Morrissey tosses together lyrics in the limo, on his way to the studio, gives each song one take and then heads back to his suite. ...and he’s not distracted by anything except his own f***ing ego and bank account.

Painfully obvious, to those with a clue.

That California Bum album was very 4kin creative wasn’t it. :thumb:

The only thing he’s creative about is his shitty merch and signing other artists albums for cash.

??:knife:

That California Bum album was very 4kin creative wasn’t it. :thumb:

The only thing he’s creative about is his shitty merch and signing other artists albums for cash.

no one is arsed, remotely arsed, what crap you write as you’re opinion is irrelevant. If he’s that shit, why waste you time repeating yourself? It’s a real pity you didn’t identify with the Leeds audience (that’s if you were in attendance)

Our UK days...continue!

GTF outta here. Have you heard any of the garbage he’s released in the past 2 decades? Morrissey tosses together lyrics in the limo, on his way to the studio, gives each song one take and then heads back to his suite. ...and he’s not distracted by anything except his own f***ing ego and bank account.

Painfully obvious, to those with a clue.
You crashing bore...

I was very happy to be able to see Morrissey in London. I stood by the mixing table, further away from people than in the hospital I work or in the Waitrose where i shop. Extra happy as I had missed out on Paris.

As always with Morrissey concerts there was love in the air. Not teenage star projections, not fanatism but this quite simple and pure joy really -relief- that he's still there, still no one but himself and the proof that he still loves us and we him. As stupid as it may sound it's about a rather deep rooted friendship and one that goes both ways.

And Morrissey starting off his concert with singing, all on his own, that this is the end of the world before sneezing loudly and then letting his band embark on a hard and merciless "London" was... Perfect. 'Cause it was just so Moz. And that's why we love him. Selling out is not about selling your tune to John Lewis, it's about selling out yourself. And that Moz will never do, it seems very unlikely anyway.

And all these covers... Well, they don't really feel like just a cover. Just like the clips in the pre-show film feel highly relevant and of crucial importance (I got rather moved by the tribute to Lou Reed for one and it felt great to have Bowie there now) the covers are diamonds from the music history that Moz tells us is more important than Labour and Tories and... And he makes them his in a passionate love making music-carpentry.

Morrissey was awkward, honest, strong but also vulnerable and, oh so manly. just like he was last time. And how he hopefully will return again.

Love you Moz.

You can bitch and whine all you want, but Moz has something that most artists only dream of - FREEDOM. Freedom to say what you want and do what you want - and f*** what social media or The Guardian say about you. That is why there will be always be an audience.

You can bitch and whine all you want, but Moz has something that most artists only dream of - FREEDOM. Freedom to say what you want and do what you want - and f*** what social media or The Guardian say about you. That is why there will be always be an audience.

What the 4ck are you on about? You do realise your post makes no 4ckin sense whatsoever.
Artists being envious of Steve’s freedom? Who are these artists? I want to know so I can tell them what a bunch of 4ckin wet pussies they are. POST THE LIST.
Moving on. You’re happy with freedom of speech and for Steven to have it BUT ! !
[The elephant in the room bit :brows: ] As far as social media and The Guardian are concerned they can get 4ckd.

Do us all a favour pal and come back when you know what the 4ck you’re talking about.

Good review of his gig, utter bollocks review of His Terrible Opinions.

For Britain is a really weird party & he's barely mentioned them. He said Brexit once during Jacky & no one had a chance to cheer it. The 'refugees made Berlin the rape capital of Europe' story was also going round left-wing feminist groups causing fights & in the light of the genuine Rotherham cover up it's hardly surprising myths are doing the rounds.

And he's nothing like Trump - that's a bloody lazy comparison. Oh, he's an old man & 'the liberal-left' hates His Terrible Opinions, must be Trumpian. ?

Arts hacks are such ill-informed cowards. If it's not in his work, it's probably not a deep-rooted belief that you need to hate him for.**

**He writes for The Guardian. The one that just had a race row & a transphobia row. And still the beardy bro wants to write about 'vile views'. ???????

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot comment as I haven’t heard all the tracks, can I?
So far though I’m not very impressed with the ones I have.

?? :knife:
Nor will you ever, perhaps not till his lips are shut good and proper? Yet, here, you get energy from him, you return for more of what he is doing, what he has done, he is inside you, and you portray your addiction to him outwardly as hatred for a man you secretly wish you could become...

When he compared the Utoya island massacre to KFC and Mc Donalds, I was on his side. When he broke the concert in Warsaw, I went to the next concert in Krakow. But now, risking the health of thousands of fans just for money ... It's hard to deal with it. It's hard to understand that your biggest "idol" is just a cynic and hypocrite. Dark days are coming...

The theatres are now dark. We will be fighting about money & rescheduling until the sun supernovas & the Earth is consumed.

It's like Twitter's dream. Literally everything is cancelled.

you are the one who mentions them over and over andoverandoverandverrr........

Bollocks. I'm defending him from the press attacks over & over.

When they stop, I'll stop objecting to it.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom