Andy Rourke interview

Thanks for the link.

However, the interviewer got wrong:

I guess people probably ask you about a Smiths reunion every day. But it’s never going to happen…

I honestly wouldn’t hold your breath, but… I always say never say never. People mellow over the years, but I don’t know. By the same token, people have moved. Johnny’s doing his thing, Morrissey’s doing his thing. And he’s got this kind of rampant hatred of Mike Joyce now that he makes very public, so yeah. I think too many bridges have been kind of burned. The Smiths were five years of my life which I wouldn’t take back, because whether I was being screwed [out of songwriting royalties] or not, I enjoyed it at the time. The Smiths broke up when I was 23, started up when I was 17. I had a blast. It was never really about the money, it was something I was willing to do. I probably took things to excess cause I’m a bit younger than everybody else…

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
"A delicate flower".

Quite a patronising thing to say about Moz I think, Andy tends to use that phrase a lot to describe him - - but then I'd guess that his contact with Morrissey was through proxy by way of Johnny anyway :rolleyes:

"A delicate flower".

Quite a patronising thing to say about Moz I think, Andy tends to use that phrase a lot to describe him - - but then I'd guess that his contact with Morrissey was through proxy by way of Johnny anyway :rolleyes:

gee... and here I thought it kind of beautiful. I suppose people project themselves... their own minds that is... onto whatsoever people say.

gee... and here I thought it kind of beautiful. I suppose people project themselves... their own minds that is... onto whatsoever people say.

"A delicate flower"? He was a grown man, and a very intelligent one at that - not some sort of swaddled baby unable to cope with the real world, and desperately in need of 'protection' from people like Andy Rourke :rolleyes:

because whether I was being screwed [out of songwriting royalties] or not, I enjoyed it at the time

:straightface: well you scared me for a minute there Mr Rourke I thought you meant that in the band you were the-:straightface:

See what you mean.

"Recycling negative energy". Yup. ha well we should be glad there's any recycling at all, I suppose. :rolleyes:

Bad bad bad vibe, on which some people thrive. (follow my eyes).

Very nice post with a ton of informative information. I really appreciate the fact that you approach these topics from a stand point of knowledge and information
instead of the typical “I think” mentality that you see so much on the internet these days.

Back
Top Bottom