Animal prison planned for Manchester - Morrissey Central

Animal prison planned for Manchester - Morrissey Central
January 10, 2019

"Trafford Council's idea to open a zoo in Manchester is probably the worst idea in the history of the human brain. Just as the world makes terrific advancements in animal rights, Trafford Council leaps back 100 years with plans to trap, strap, clamp, cramp and restrain animals from living anything close to a natural life. I'm decrepit enough to remember Belle Vue Zoo… the lucky animals died in transit from their natural habitat. Personally, I think I'd rather be shot in the head by Prince Harry.
Anyone who thinks a zoo is a good idea should spend one full year in a cage. I'd anticipate a swift change of mind! It's no different to proposing plans for a concentration camp in Wilmslow. Welcome to the sorry past."

Morrissey 10 January 2019.

45653_images-1_p3lwph.jpg

45652_Unknown-1_sd7mr8.jpg

That zoo will be visited by parents dragging whiney brats with their heads stuck in their phones. I agree with Moz on this.

Bizarre,I thought zoo’s a thing of the past, never imagined,a new one a good idea assumed they where all closing down.

Some background relating to his post:

Plans for multimillion-pound Manchester Zoo considered

Excerpt:

"What we are trying to do is pretty different," said Mr Houston. "Belle Vue closed because there was a new understanding of animals and how to keep them and the welfare standards probably weren't amazing.

"We're trying to create a much more naturalistic landscape for the animals and make them feels as though - at least in part - they can exhibit all of their natural behaviour which I don't think they were able to do [back] then."

Mr Houston said major emphasis would be placed on conservation, education and saving threatened species."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-46780645

Regards,
FWD.

Unfortunately for some species a zoo might be the only means to survive, because stupid humans are destroying their inhabitants and/or hunting them to extinction. But still I agree with Moz, why establish anymore new zoos, animal sanctuaries and protected natural areas would be a much better way of protecting them. Many zoos are such a sorry places with beautiful wild animals in crammed living spaces, kept in awful, socially deprived conditions which makes many of them exhibit stereotypic behavior. Personally, I haven't been to any zoos for decades and don't see any reason why I'd ever need to visit one again.

Reckon just another reason for The California Son to hate Mankchaster and Brittish people. The San Diego Zoo is supposed to be the best zoo in the world in terms of animal freedom and I still feel sorry for the animals. I can't imagine what some foreigner zoo is like for the animals. Must be horrible.

Last edited:
Some background relating to his post:

Plans for multimillion-pound Manchester Zoo considered

Excerpt:

"What we are trying to do is pretty different," said Mr Houston. "Belle Vue closed because there was a new understanding of animals and how to keep them and the welfare standards probably weren't amazing.

"We're trying to create a much more naturalistic landscape for the animals and make them feels as though - at least in part - they can exhibit all of their natural behaviour which I don't think they were able to do [back] then."

Mr Houston said major emphasis would be placed on conservation, education and saving threatened species."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-46780645

Regards,
FWD.
How depressing. I still remember the solitary polar bear in Dublin zoo with dirty yellow fur, pacing and rocking back and forth on a corner of concrete, when we went as children. They've increased the acreage to 69 and given the enclosures names like African plains and tropical rainforest and used words like "conservation" and
" ecosystems "and it still gives me the shudders.
I remember that Danish zoo a few years ago, they fed the baby giraffe to the lions because he was surplus to requirements and tried to draw parallels to reality in the wild to justify it.
Opening a zoo in the 21st century really is an unbelievable step backwards.

Whose are the petrodollars that will finance this concentration camp in Manchester, UK, this time?

Reckon just another reason for The California Son to hate Mankchaster and Brittish people. The San Diego Zoo is supposed to be the best zoo in the world in terms of animal freedom and I still feel sorry for the animals. I can't imagine what some foreigner zoo is like for the animals. Must be horrible.
Classic. While the zoo won't be foreign to Mancunians it (like all zoos) will be foreign to the animals. So even your sewer pipe effluent is laced with truth, or maybe it's the other way around. Whichever, I bow to your crooked but strangely endearing sense of humour. Or should I say humor?

How depressing. I still remember the solitary polar bear in Dublin zoo with dirty yellow fur, pacing and rocking back and forth on a corner of concrete, when we went as children. They've increased the acreage to 69 and given the enclosures names like African plains and tropical rainforest and used words like "conservation" and
" ecosystems "and it still gives me the shudders.
I remember that Danish zoo a few years ago, they fed the baby giraffe to the lions because he was surplus to requirements and tried to draw parallels to reality in the wild to justify it.
Opening a zoo in the 21st century really is an unbelievable step backwards.
That's nothing! I remember the stuffed (plastic?) crocodile at Dublin zoo which as kids we believed was alive. All the kids used to throw coins at its head to try to knock out the eyes. Thems were the daze.

I don't agree on much with Moz these days, what with him being a Nazi apologist and all, but anyone who thinks that caged animals are entertainment are wankers.

That zoo will be visited by parents dragging whiney brats with their heads stuck in their phones. I agree with Moz on this.
Thought Manchester was already a zoo. All those great apes roaming around..,,,
Oh look there’s Mike Joyce and look over there it’s Ian Brown...,,
But seriously ..... Stick to football and music Manchester...this would be a massive backward step. Pilgrimupnorth

Whose are the petrodollars that will finance this concentration camp in Manchester, UK, this time?
If it’s in Trafford then it will likely be Peel Holdings. They own most of that part of Manchester and all the way along the Manchester Ship Canal to Liverpool (Including Media City at Salford Quays).. never struck me as an ethical company..,, perfect owners for a zoo... Pilgrimupnorth

I don't agree on much with Moz these days, what with him being a Nazi apologist and all, but anyone who thinks that caged animals are entertainment are wankers.
Agree. Hope you are including dogs on leads or locked in houses, birds in cages, rabbits in hutches.....never understand why we are called a nation of animal lovers when we just can’t wait to enslave or lock up animals. Yes I mean all those Cockapoo owning pillocks.
Pilgrimupnorth

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom