Anonymous/trolling on the main-page

Girlfriend

Purrfect Member
Why are people allowed to post anonymously on the Main-Page? Surely it is against the whole idea? Why do the moderators allow it? I'm sick of reading hate-mail and stupid comments by these people, they are obviously trolling. We can't post anonymously over here so why can they over there?! I couldn't even change my user-name, because it's against the rules!

While I hate trolls, anonymous posts have brought forth a few treasures.

Early instrumental versions of future B-sides that no one believed.
A letter from Moz that no one believed.

Other misc. (and seemingly true) anecdotes about Moz and his inner circle.

I'm sure there's other stuff, but can't remember too much back.

Still, I hate trolls.

Girlfriend said:
Why are people allowed to post anonymously on the Main-Page? Surely it is against the whole idea? Why do the moderators allow it? I'm sick of reading hate-mail and stupid comments by these people, they are obviously trolling. We can't post anonymously over here so why can they over there?! I couldn't even change my user-name, because it's against the rules!

The main site is not moderated in the same way, although improvements have been made in the past week to allow *some* mods from this forum to sort things out a little quicker.

However, may I remind you that you can change your threshold on each page to ignore posts that have been scored as -1.

Also, if you really think something needs sorting then you can contact any of the following mods on this board and they will take a look for you:

Uncleskinny, bored and Andy-Mats

You can find their contact details on the link from the main index of this forum titled: View Forum Leaders

Dallow is right though, some classic stuff has arrived because people have been able to post without revealing their hand. The downside to this however, is it's the more regular stuff that kept me from posting too often through the years!

Thanks for your reply mjp. I will look into it.
You really are a genuine bloke, with your head screwed on ( just :D).

Girlfriend said:
Thanks for your reply mjp. I will look into it.
You really are a genuine bloke, with your head screwed on ( just :D).

Merci madame :)

Back
Top Bottom