Another Bowie request - remixes

Can anyone upload any of these?

After some thorough research, I have been (painstakingly) compiling the complete Bowie discography over the past few weeks, and I've turned up some absolutely incredible material - around 1,000 songs (official releases or BBC material only, mind)...

But the following relatively common (on release) tracks are the ones that I just can't find MP3 of anywhere on the net. I'd be very grateful for your help.

Black Tie White Noise (Trance Mix)
Black Tie White Noise (Club Mix)
Black Tie White Noise (Extended Urban Mix)
Miracle Goodnight (Dance Dub)
The Hearts Filthy Lesson (Bowie Mix)
Little Wonder (Ambient Junior Mix)
Little Wonder (Club Dub Junior Mix)
Little Wonder (4/4 Junior Mix)
Little Wonder (Juniors 7" mix)
Dead Man Walking (House mix)
Dead Man Walking (This One's Not Dead Yet Remix)
Dead Man Walking (Vigor Mortis Remix)
Never Get Old (Heaven-888 Remix)
Bring Me The Disco King (Meat Loaf Boogie Took Mix)
New Killer Star (Red Giant Beta Remix)

Last edited:
No offence, but I doubt anyone will give you what you've asked for on here. Many Morrissey fans are David Bowie haters :guitar:

I know, I know... But not all of them, surely.

To be honest, someone was extremely kind last week and posted the one Bowie album I didn't have - an ultra-rare fan-club only thing... So I'm guessing that someone on this board will have most of these tracks as these were fairly widely available at the time they were released...

I will sure thru my Bowie collection see what i can find but for now
Hows this
Reality Bonus disc
Fly/Queen Of All tarts/Rebel Rebel
Heathen Bonus Disc
Sunday Moby remix/A Better Future remix/Conversation Piece/Panic In Detroit Outtake
Hallo Spaceboy Ep
Hallo w/Pet Shop Boys/Under Pressure Live/Moonage daydream Live?Hearts Filthy live
Sound+Vision remix ep 808 giftmix/808'lectric blue remix instru/david richards remix
The man who sold the world live 95
wood jackson/shadow man/when the boys come marching home/youve got a habit of leaving/we all go through/no one calls
i'm afraid of americans NIN v1 mix
seven live/something in the air live/the pretty things are going to hell live/survive live/thursdays chid live/seven live

i will post link soon

No offence, but I doubt anyone will give you what you've asked for on here. Many Morrissey fans are David Bowie haters :guitar:

I'm not a Bowie hater, but I simply cannot BELIEVE how amazingly bad some of his songs have been in the past decade. I'm thinking of his covers of Morrissey and the Pixies, as well as his "Everyone Says Hi" song that they used in the Amplitude video game. So, so, so, so bad.

trashmonk, you're a saint - though I have everything you posted bar the Ice Storm version of I Can't Read (which, by the way, is Bowie at his best, in my opinion). Thank you for that.

The tracks I originally listed are from the Black Tie White Noise CD single, the Little Wonder CD single, and the Dead Man Walking CD single. The three remixes I listed at the end - Never Get Old (Heaven-888 Remix) / Bring Me The Disco King (Meat Loaf Boogie Took Mix) / New Killer Star (Red Giant Beta Remix) - appear to be from a "Reality Remix e.p." that was only available online. I can find reference to it in a few places, but the actual songs have disappeared like Keyser Soze.

Actually, there was also a 12" single (I think) of Black Tie White Noise which had several remixes unavailable elsewhere. It'd be great if someone had those! I never really liked the song that much, but I heard the Here Comes Da Jazz remix this week, for the first time in 15 years, and I loved it. Go figure...

Anyway, hoping to hear from you with these remixes, trashmonk (or anyone else for that matter)!

Eventually I hope to post up the whole lot - everything Bowie's officially released plus the BBC material (sessions plus broadcast concerts). Which reminds me, if anyone has good quality copies of his Glastonbury 2000 set and his Phoenix Festival 1996 set (both of which the Beeb broadcast) then I'd be grateful for those - I have some of Glastonbury but it's in poor quality mono.

Cheers all. x

Last edited:
I'm not a Bowie hater, but I simply cannot BELIEVE how amazingly bad some of his songs have been in the past decade. I'm thinking of his covers of Morrissey and the Pixies, as well as his "Everyone Says Hi" song that they used in the Amplitude video game. So, so, so, so bad.

Everyone Says Hi is beautiful.

The Moz cover was 16 years ago and afterall Moz nicked the tune from Bowie in the first place

nice links,trashmonk,thanks!

I'm thinking of his covers of Morrissey and the Pixies, as well as his "Everyone Says Hi" song that they used in the Amplitude video game. So, so, so, so bad.

I'm not keen on Everyone Says Hi - it seemed a touch too direct and, frankly, emotional. I like my Bowie cold and alien, generally. I thought his cover of Cactus was really rather good, and his I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday just had to be made - Moz stole the entire coda at the end of his original from Rock 'n' Roll Suicide.

I'm not keen on Everyone Says Hi - it seemed a touch too direct and, frankly, emotional. I like my Bowie cold and alien, generally. I thought his cover of Cactus was really rather good, and his I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday just had to be made - Moz stole the entire coda at the end of his original from Rock 'n' Roll Suicide.

Heh... most artists do covers and covers albums to pay homage to artists that influenced them. Is this a case of Bowie cheekily doing the reverse, calling out artists he believes stole from or were influenced by him?

It turns out the reason I didn't like "Everyone says hi" is that for the Amplitude video game, someone turned it into a repetitive, pedestrian house remix.

Last edited:
Can anyone upload any of these?

After some thorough research, I have been (painstakingly) compiling the complete Bowie discography over the past few weeks, and I've turned up some absolutely incredible material - around 1,000 songs (official releases or BBC material only, mind)...

But the following relatively common (on release) tracks are the ones that I just can't find MP3 of anywhere on the net. I'd be very grateful for your help.

Black Tie White Noise (Trance Mix)
Black Tie White Noise (Club Mix)
Black Tie White Noise (Extended Urban Mix)
Miracle Goodnight (Dance Dub)
The Hearts Filthy Lesson (Bowie Mix)
Little Wonder (Ambient Junior Mix)
Little Wonder (Club Dub Junior Mix)
Little Wonder (4/4 Junior Mix)
Little Wonder (Juniors 7" mix)
Dead Man Walking (House mix)
Dead Man Walking (This One's Not Dead Yet Remix)
Dead Man Walking (Vigor Mortis Remix)
Never Get Old (Heaven-888 Remix)
Bring Me The Disco King (Meat Loaf Boogie Took Mix)
New Killer Star (Red Giant Beta Remix)
My partner said hes got them all hes got every single track ever done unless theres something that was done and only bowies got hes got surround recordings quad u name it,but he dont bore me with so alls good : )

My partner said hes got them all hes got every single track ever done unless theres something that was done and only bowies got hes got surround recordings quad u name it,but he dont bore me with so alls good : )

Hopefully he's generous enough to share?!

Speaking of Bowie, I've been searching for an mp3 edit of the Vh1 Storytellers version of China Girl without the opening story. I know there's one available, it was originaly on the Welcome to Storytellers CD.

Does someone have this, an mp3 edit of China Girl from VH1 Storytellers to share?

Thank You,

Speaking of Bowie, I've been searching for an mp3 edit of the Vh1 Storytellers version of China Girl without the opening story. I know there's one available, it was originaly on the Welcome to Storytellers CD.

Does someone have this, an mp3 edit of China Girl from VH1 Storytellers to share?

Thank You,

You could just download a free tool like mp3trim (for Windows) to cut or split the mp3 track as you want.

Thank You,

Can you rip the audio from this? I tried but can't. I have a Mac and it doesn't
always cooperate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mNZ...DBB384D7B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4

David Bowie
Glastonbury Festival, 25th June 2000

Broadcast on 28th April 2008 by BBC 6Music for "Live at Midnight"
DVB-T (160kbps / 48Khz) > Nebula DigiTV > Hard Disk MP2 > mp3DirectCut
This is NOT the complete concert, but is the complete broadcast.

01 Rebel Rebel
02 Ashes To Ashes
03 Changes
04 Ziggy Stardust
05 Starman
06 Life On Mars
07 China Girl
08 The Man Who Sold The World
09 Heroes
10 Fame
11 Hallo Spaceboy
12 Little Wonder
13 I'm Afraid Of Americans

http://www.4shared.com/file/194411740/57f05429/David_Bowie_Glastonbury_Festiv.html

Tags
bowie
Back
Top Bottom