Look:

SC194cd Antony & The Johnsons - The Crying Light
FORMAT: CD
QTY: 1
PRICE: $14.00 / ea.
SUBTOTAL: $14.00
SHIPPING: $3.16
GRAND TOTAL: $17.16

Antony asked his friends the Wachowski Brothers to work with him on a video for his new single "Epilepsy is Dancing". They in turn invited painters Tino Rodriguez and Virgo Paradiso to create costumes and a mystical environment and choreographer Sean Dorsey and his dancers to bring the dream sequence to life. Antony's artistic partner Johanna Constantine stars as herself in the role of "Deer Monster". The video was lit and shot by the up-and-coming directors of photography, Chris Blasingame and Banker White, and produced by Jim Jerome. The production team collectively named themselves AFAS. Please enjoy the fruits of their San Francisco art party.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OWPJLohfov0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OWPJLohfov0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/youtube]

thak you for this. It's beautiful and I concur with the person who said they could imagine Derek Jarman making this kind of video. Derek would have been a great person for Antony to work with had he still been with us.

Don't yell at me! I bought it!! :p

Look:

SC194cd Antony & The Johnsons - The Crying Light
FORMAT: CD
QTY: 1
PRICE: $14.00 / ea.
SUBTOTAL: $14.00
SHIPPING: $3.16
GRAND TOTAL: $17.16

Although I downloaded it from here I also bought it and am urging everyone I know to. i even deleted the download from here from my itunes list and ripped it agin for my ipod from my new CD. I've also got tickets to see A&TJ in May and I've got all there singles and two previous albums. I've also seen them a number of times live so I don't feel guilty in the slightest about downloading the album from here. i don't think the generous person who put it up here should be humiliated or told off. There are such bigger issues in the world that your anger could be channelled at.

Last night I saw Antony and the Johnsons for the first time and I was just ecstatic. What a great performance! The band was superb and sounded excellent. It was the first night of the small US tour he is on right now. He is so charming and funny, I didn’t expect that. I presumed he would be quiet and reserved on stage but he was making jokes left and right and encouraged us to yell things at him so he could make a joke of it.

I couldn’t believe how amazing his voice sounded in person. He hit every note perfectly. But apologized for hitting a few “sours” on the piano as he hasn’t toured with piano since 2006. He said we would have to excuse him as he’s developed “lemons on his fingers”. Haha.

His set list was great. He played every song I wanted to hear. He played nearly all of The Crying Light and all other favorites including “Cripple the Starfish” for the encore :D

Also he did a cover of “Crazy In Love” by Beyonce which was so funny. Highlights included “Shake That Devil”, and “Kiss My Name” had a great crowd reaction.

When he began “You Are My Sister” I knew I was going to shed a tear and tried to make it discrete. Until about halfway through the song I realized, EVERYONE WAS CRYING! HAHHA By the end of the song, the entire theater was sniffling. And it felt appropriate.

Overall it was fantastic. And I am so so so pleased I had the opportunity to finally see him!!

I love Antony... in fact just listening to "Knockin' on Heavens Door" as we speak....beautiful:):)

Last night I saw Antony and the Johnsons for the first time and I was just ecstatic. What a great performance! The band was superb and sounded excellent. It was the first night of the small US tour he is on right now. He is so charming and funny, I didn’t expect that. I presumed he would be quiet and reserved on stage but he was making jokes left and right and encouraged us to yell things at him so he could make a joke of it.

I couldn’t believe how amazing his voice sounded in person. He hit every note perfectly. But apologized for hitting a few “sours” on the piano as he hasn’t toured with piano since 2006. He said we would have to excuse him as he’s developed “lemons on his fingers”. Haha.

His set list was great. He played every song I wanted to hear. He played nearly all of The Crying Light and all other favorites including “Cripple the Starfish” for the encore :D

Also he did a cover of “Crazy In Love” by Beyonce which was so funny. Highlights included “Shake That Devil”, and “Kiss My Name” had a great crowd reaction.

When he began “You Are My Sister” I knew I was going to shed a tear and tried to make it discrete. Until about halfway through the song I realized, EVERYONE WAS CRYING! HAHHA By the end of the song, the entire theater was sniffling. And it felt appropriate.

Overall it was fantastic. And I am so so so pleased I had the opportunity to finally see him!!

Sounds like a great night Skinner. I am seeing them in Edinburgh but not until June. I plan on taking a large packet of tissues. So many of their songs leave me in a puddle.

i keep checking ebay for a ticket for the 27th of may at the hammersmith apollo but there are no good seats going for a reasonable price. that would be a good few days though if i can find a ticket, moz on the 26th, antony on the 27th and moz again 28th,29th and 30th.

Just saw Antony last night and I just wanted to say it was amazing.

I was at that gig too! :thumb: Also, we waited after the gig b/c my friend insisted that we would be able to see him. The stage door was right next to the main door. So we waited, 20 minutes goes by and Willem Dafoe walks out. I told him I loved him in Shaddow of a Vampire and he was quite pleased, smiled a lot, and said thank you.

About 10 minutes after that, Bjork walked out. She was frightened by my friend who went up to say hello to her haha. My friend is such a huge fan of hers. It was a personal victory for her. Bjork was wearing some amazing red heals that I really liked.

And FINALLY, out walked Antony. He is suprisingly tall, and so f-ing sweet. He signed my Another World EP, and actually gave my friend and I, and 2 other nice people who were waiting, some plants that he had. He was so nice and cute and kept calling us Kittens. He smiled a lot and was just so charming. Signed every last thing that we all asked him to and was just so kind and wonderful. I really wish now that he was my gay best friend. *sigh*:love:

I was at that gig too! :thumb: Also, we waited after the gig b/c my friend insisted that we would be able to see him. The stage door was right next to the main door. So we waited, 20 minutes goes by and Willem Dafoe walks out. I told him I loved him in Shaddow of a Vampire and he was quite pleased, smiled a lot, and said thank you.

About 10 minutes after that, Bjork walked out. She was frightened by my friend who went up to say hello to her haha. My friend is such a huge fan of hers. It was a personal victory for her. Bjork was wearing some amazing red heals that I really liked.

And FINALLY, out walked Antony. He is suprisingly tall, and so f-ing sweet. He signed my Another World EP, and actually gave my friend and I, and 2 other nice people who were waiting, some plants that he had. He was so nice and cute and kept calling us Kittens. He smiled a lot and was just so charming. Signed every last thing that we all asked him to and was just so kind and wonderful. I really wish now that he was my gay best friend. *sigh*:love:

Were you in the mezzanine? I saw somebody walking with an Another World 12". I got last minute tickets on craigslist, so my seats sucked... all the way back in the mezzanine, but we had clear view.

If you saw a tall, muscular, charming, strikingly handsome guy there, it was probably me. :)

Were you in the mezzanine? I saw somebody walking with an Another World 12". I got last minute tickets on craigslist, so my seats sucked... all the way back in the mezzanine, but we had clear view.

If you saw a tall, muscular, charming, strikingly handsome guy there, it was probably me. :)

I might have seen you. My seats sucked too haha. We got them last minute at the box office a week or 2 ago. I was so impressed by his gig in Philly I had to see him again. Should have thought ahead since NYC is his home crowd. Oh well, it was still great. Also, wtf was the opener? Did you see that thing?! :confused:

I might have seen you. My seats sucked too haha. We got them last minute at the box office a week or 2 ago. I was so impressed by his gig in Philly I had to see him again. Should have thought ahead since NYC is his home crowd. Oh well, it was still great. Also, wtf was the opener? Did you see that thing?! :confused:

Were you right in the middle of the first mezzanine? If so, I saw you. I was right behind.

Yeah... the opener sucked. The woman that opened in NYC was totally different, yet much much worse, if you can imagine such a thing.

Were you right in the middle of the first mezzanine? If so, I saw you. I was right behind.

Yeah... the opener sucked. The woman that opened in NYC was totally different, yet much much worse, if you can imagine such a thing.

What happened to Emmylou Harris, thats what I want to know. She opened in Philly. Oh well. And no I was all the way to the stage right side in the back. Only 2 or 3 rows behind me was the wall haha. At Philly I was 8th row so I'm not too upset by it.

I want to see him again right now!

This doesn't have anything to do with The Crying Light, and it's from a year or so ago but I just really enjoyed reading this. I think this interview gives some good insight on why he feels the way he does in certain situations and also I find his views on beauty and the world to be beyond refreshing. What a great person he is. :thumb:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/apr/13/women.fashion1

This doesn't have anything to do with The Crying Light, and it's from a year or so ago but I just really enjoyed reading this. I think this interview gives some good insight on why he feels the way he does in certain situations and also I find his views on beauty and the world to be beyond refreshing. What a great person he is. :thumb:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/apr/13/women.fashion1

I had the last paragraph of that article saved because it struck a chord with me, he is a very eloquent person. And to stay on topic I'm listening to Kiss my Name right now. :guitar:

I'm 37 now, and as you get older, you revisit the issues that sit with you in the course of your life. I always felt so self-conscious, and I didn't let myself be beautiful for so many years, but by the time you've made your face worthy of being looked at by anyone, you've abandoned yourself in the process. You show up with a pretty face and an empty heart. Life's too short to be slaving around to other people's expectations. We should put on a little make-up to honour the specific dignity that we have within ourselves, but I'm never putting a spot of make-up on for a man again.

Tags
antony=my gay best friend
Back
Top Bottom