Antwerp - Stadsschouwburg (Nov. 27, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Suedehead / The Bullfighter Dies / Speedway + I Didn't Know What To Do + Speedway / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Smiler With Knife / Istanbul / Kiss Me A Lot / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Asleep / Scandinavia / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Mountjoy / Certain People I Know

set list provided by Alejandro Kapacevich / Facebook via Raphael Lambach.

• During the break in "Speedway", Gilbert O'Sullivan's "I Didn't Know What To Do" Was played. Link to video on YouTube (2:30 mark, user funktofunky11) posted by an anonymous person:

"I Didn't Know What To Do" by Gilbert O'Sullivan on YouTube (user mohawk3881) identified and posted by HangtheDJ16:

Description:

Another rare early track from around 1967 / 68 that appeared on the rare Italian album E LE SUE CANZONI in 1974 . This recording is unavailable on any of Gilbert`s current releases.

Last edited:
The guy who shouted maybe did a stupid thing, but reacting as Morrissey did was even more stupid, childish and unprofessional.
I must admit the band was great, sound very powerful, and performance very strong, but what Morrissey is doing is politic speeches and not a good show, and refusing encore is just disrespectful.
This is my personal opinion and those who think otherwise don't even bother to reply.

I can't decide if Morrissey has turned into a whiny little bitch or a total c***..

Probably both.

Last edited by a moderator:
A 15 song set with 11 of those off his latest album...

My biggest lol is that people are so upset that he is playing so many songs from his latest album... :rolleyes: Please just stay home and listen to your old Smiths vinyl and live in the past. The majority of us like it and expect him to promote it. What do you expect?

I can't decide if Morrissey has turned into a whiny little bitch or a total c***..

Probably both.
Probably since he sympathizes with a Gangsta thug and not the Asian shop owner who probably works 90 hours a week.

I've seen the MAN about 20times.
Morrissey has always been a real 'artist' to me - but, nowadays it seems like he can only PRETEND to be one.

Antwerp was a real shame.
Morrissey has become such a bore : everyday the same setlist, everyday the same 20 morons in the front begging for a handshake, everyday the same comments (meat, royal family ... shut up ! will you ?) everyday the same non-talented musicians who rape the songs.
I didn't buy a ticket to hear a band as worse as 'Toto' or 'Foreigner'. C'mon !

Time has come.
Morrissey, farewell !

I was a few rows in front of the heckler. After 'Scandinavia' Morrissey started talking about the Belgian royals and went on about Kate Middleton. At the end of the speech some guy shouted "Just play us a song man!" in a quite derogatory manner as if bored. Morrissey reacted immediately and was obviously quite upset. He said:"Oh shut up! f*** off! ... I don't want to sing now." Then he asked for the houselights to go on and asked the heckler to make himself known. He did and it was an ugly middle aged balding guy with a red sweater. He was grinning and waving his arms in the air, obvioulsy enjoying his five minutes of fame. Morrissey called him out several times and dared him to come on the podium and sing us a song. The guy didn't move only called "I sing better than you!", but I think this got lost in the talking that had started to build in the hall at that time. Morrissey then called him a coward several times and then said "Just go away. Have I ever done that?" The heckler was really a big twat, cause later during 'Mountjoy' which was a really intimate beautiful moment he started screeching very loudly during the song and not in a cheering way but making a very harsh annoying sound, apparantly in attempt to ruin the ballad. And it did sort of ruin it for me. Morrissey went on and played a few more songs, but obviously way shorter than should have been. No HSIN, no MIM, no encore. It's such a shame because Morrissey had been in such good spirits, talking a lot to the crowd (about cyclists in Antwerp, about the 12 year old boy that got shot by police in Cleveland - he dedicated 'Asleep' to that boy-, and about the royals). At the moment I feel absolutely no anger towards Moz at all, only to the heckler who semi-ruined a great evening for all those hundreds of fans. In a way I was even glad Moz went on at all after that cause when he said "I don't want to sing now" I feared the show was over. We know he reacts very emotianal to these kind of shout outs, obviously there's a few twats who enjoy the negative attention and don't care about Moz or all the other people at the venue. I keep thinking what overly sedated people we Belgians are, if this had happened at a Moz concert in some places in the world I think the bystanders would have shoved the heckler out of the venue, but here people just gave him a few weird looks.
A few other moments. At some point during the show somebody shouted:"I love you!" and Moz quipped:"And are you seeing a psychiatrist?" I also want to mention the superb version of 'Asleep' for which he got a big ovation.
All in all a great evening, shame we missed out on a great finale due to the bald red sweater twat.

Great post and nicely written. I don't understand the heckler mentality and how they always seem to insinuate themselves at front of stage for Moz concerts. Like certain non-fans on this site I have to wonder 'why bother if you hate him so much?'. Anyway, back around 2002 in the 'wilderness' years some fool at Glasgow Barrowlands threw a full pint onto Moz. It was a direct hit and Moz stopped singing but then continued after asking the crowd to punch him if he heckled again. Heckler stopped. I think some self-policing by concert goers is needed. If I'm anywhere near a heckler at the Moz Dublin gig I'll be dragging him under a sea of legs for a right kicking.

LOVE "I Didn't Know What to Do" in Speedway. Brilliant.

Dying to see "Smiler" ! nothing on YouTube yet.

I've seen the MAN about 20times.
Morrissey has always been a real 'artist' to me - but, nowadays it seems like he can only PRETEND to be one.

Antwerp was a real shame.
Morrissey has become such a bore : everyday the same setlist, everyday the same 20 morons in the front begging for a handshake, everyday the same comments (meat, royal family ... shut up ! will you ?) everyday the same non-talented musicians who rape the songs.
I didn't buy a ticket to hear a band as worse as 'Toto' or 'Foreigner'. C'mon !

Time has come.
Morrissey, farewell !

No,

I like this band

Last edited:
Behind enemy lines now and that's all I can say wish me and my "you-chube-agents" good luck !
Julia can you make sense ? Shall I sing ? Shall I sing ? Shall I sing ?
Der-dum-der-dum-der-dum-der-dum !
Over and out radio silence, Benny.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Broadsword calling Dannyboy do you read me ? Over !
Broadsword calling Dannyboy do you read me ? Over !
If you can here me broadsword "the pigeons have landed" good luck old chap, for Queen and country, over and out.

Let's see what happens on Saturday then shall we ?

Saturday night Sunday mourning

Around London tomorrow it could be Black Saturday with a shitload of tickets being given away free for a gig at the 02 later in the evening. Fear is he's gonna "pull a stunt" he's had a huge sulk today the atmos in the camp is solo, like K said he controls everything all we can do is stress out and wait

I didn't know where to go
And I didn't know what to do
Said I didn't know what to where to go
When a dozen Bury black puddings hit me on the hhhhhhhhhhhhhead !

Eckythump

So once again I ask: Why do you spend so much time on something/someone you do not care for?

But that's pretty simple and obvious for everyone to see, isn't it? Johnny just LOVES to smell his own farts. I picture him, daydreaming about how Morrissey one day contacts him to thank him for bringing him back on the right track with his enormous insights. Same for Skinny BTW. He imagines how he's the one to bring the Smiths back together and before the first show he has champagne with his new buddies and they all hug him and then mention him on stage and someone records it and uploads it to youtube, and all his haters will be silenced and later he hangs out with Mozzer on the tour bus. I kid you not, that's the sad truth. I don't even dare thinking about what kind of daydreams David Tseng has about Morrissey, better not go there, I bet it's pretty creepy stuff. So just let them wank all over solo, in 50 years, the entirety of their intellectual ejaculations will be in digital nirwana while Morrissey's words remain.

In LA, the heckler would've run for his life. The person who posted the description of the show and every single person around him are all spineless c***s for not handling the heckler like the swine that he is.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing. I was seriously tempted though, and I've been thinking a lot about it today. In my defense though: This venue is basically a theatre hall with rows of velvet seats one above the other and as much leg space as a Ryanair plane. I was about 3 or 4 rows below the heckler (with only a girl as company) in the middle of my row, and in order to even get to him I would have either had to wriggle very slowly past all the people on my right up the corridor and then past the people on his right, or climb three rows of seats. A grotesque intervention it would have certainly been. (And then I wasn't even sure if I could take him if he was gonna resist.) All in all an impractical situation to be a hero. Then again for the chance to earn Morrissey's respect and perhaps a few words of encouragement, maybe something you regret on your death bed.
To those who said why didn' security remove the heckler, he must have been in about row 19 or 20 or something and all the security seemed to be placed more to the bottom of the hall, mainly keeping an eye on people getting near the stage (though many did right at the beginning of the show). At no point did Morrissey ask security to remove him, he just asked the heckler to go home on his own account. Forgot to mention yesterday, right after the incident, during 'Neal Cassidy Drops Dead' he directed the verse "Get that thing away from me" towards the heckler making throwaway arm gestures towards him.
I feel like, for Moz to still react so passionately, despite all the success and adoration he's had in his career, because of one single guy shouting something dissaproving, it just makes him even more endearing to me, in a maybe strange, twisted-romantic sort of way. Somehow that reaction seems to fit better with the tormented genius image that I had of him as a teen getting to know his music (an image that I still cherish), than if he would have just shrugged it off and acted completely "professional".

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing. I was seriously tempted though, and I've been thinking a lot about it today. In my defense though: This venue is basically a theatre hall with rows of velvet seats one above the other and as much leg space as a Ryanair plane. I was about 3 or 4 rows below the heckler (with only a girl as company) in the middle of my row, and in order to even get to him I would have either had to wriggle very slowly past all the people on my right up the corridor and then past the people on his right, or climb three rows of seats. A grotesque intervention it would have certainly been. (And then I wasn't even sure if I could take him if he was gonna resist.) All in all an impractical situation to be a hero. Then again for the chance to earn Morrissey's respect and perhaps a few words of encouragement, maybe something you regret on your death bed.
To those who said why didn' security remove the heckler, he must have been in about row 19 or 20 or something and all the security seemed to be placed more to the bottom of the hall, mainly keeping an eye on people getting near the stage (though many did right at the beginning of the show). At no point did Morrissey ask security to remove him, he just asked the heckler to go home on his own account. Forgot to mention yesterday, right after the incident, during 'Neal Cassidy Drops Dead' he directed the verse "Get that thing away from me" towards the heckler making throwaway arm gestures towards him.
I feel like, for Moz to still react so passionately, despite all the success and adoration he's had in his career, because of one single guy shouting something dissaproving, it just makes him even more endearing to me, in a maybe strange, twisted-romantic sort of way. Somehow that reaction seems to fit better with the tormented genius image that I had of him as a teen getting to know his music (an image that I still cherish), than if he would have just shrugged it off and acted completely "professional".

Based on the footage I saw and how that heckler was desperate (flailing his scrawny arms about as if he were drowning at sea) to get attention and interrupt a good time, I'd say Morrissey handled the situation well. ;)

Tomorrow ! Well will it really come ? And if it does come, will we fight man to man (with the house lights on) or will we flee to Dublin ?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom