Any advice for someone who's going to their first concert?

At Carling Acad in April it was like - Morrissey chants - pitch black - Morrissey enters - intro to FOTG - SWEAT & HEAT!:D

Yikes, that gave me chills! :)

I was a first timer on this tour as well. It is a lovely moment when you see him in the flesh for the very first time so I hope you enjoy it.

Good to know I'm not the only newbie! :) You know, sometimes you join a forum (like this one), and everyone has done so much already, seen Morrissey so many times, they discuss him expertly... and I'm so envious! On the other hand... it's brilliant to see him for the first time and really remember it, feel that anticipation... that only happens once ever! I'm really really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Don't stand there all night taking pictures. You'll ruin the experience for yourself and other people around you. Live for the moment.

Of course Jones, you are very right. That is not my intention. I just happen to love live concert pictures, and most of the time I try to take lots. I still enjoy the show very very much, and I promise I won't disturb my neighbours. Newbie's word! :p

in the nam eof first moz gig stay close to the stage and grab his hand lol;)
that would be great

HA! That would be such an amazing experience, but really, what are the chances. Does he always reach out to people at some point during the show?

I'm going to try and be there too (long way from Bulgaria). It will be my first Moz gig too. I'm literally bouncing off the walls right now, because it was amazing when I asked my Mum and she said 'yeah'.

i think u should try hard..jump and scream and beg maybe=) it will worth it if i were u i would make my friend throw me to stage lol;))

Naive question: are these things usually sold out, or is there a possibility for me to decide around November? I'd have to arrange a holiday, book flights etc...

I think you're very brave.

Personally I would love to bob down the road to the G-mex to see my first moz concert, but i can't stand being in that bloody orgy of people for that long...

Does anyone know if they'll be any seating tickets for the G-mex concerts?

It’s going to be my first concert too, I’m so incredibly excited but also slightly scared about a few things, I’ve no idea what to expect really. First off I’m concerned about actually getting a ticket; I’ve only ever been to see unpopular people in concert where there was no worry of it being sold out! Guess I’ll just have to see how it goes next Friday, does anyone know whether it’s better to phone/ order over the net to secure a ticket? Would it make a difference if it’s all standing?

I think at the G-mex, after a quick look on the website, it’s a big standing area with seating around the outside. But I’m sure someone mentioned on here that if they sell full-capacity they can put the seating up. Please don’t take my word on this though, just my take on it.

And then I’m concerned, if you get there early to queue, are there facilities nearby?! I’ll be completely dehydrated, dying for the toilet and exhausted by 9pm if I’ve been there all day!! And what about coats and bags, are there places to leave them?

I’m such a novice at all this! Any advice would be appreciated :)

I can't be helpful as I have only seen him once at festival, but hydrating sounds like a jolly good idea! What I actually wanted to know is where your signature comes from :o

Naive question: are these things usually sold out, or is there a possibility for me to decide around November? I'd have to arrange a holiday, book flights etc...

well, i don't know about this venue as I have no idea what it's capacity is but I guess it's better to be safe then sorry - you can buy the ticket now and easily re-sell via e-bay or this forum if you decide not to go.

Hello everyone. I will be going to see Morrissey for the very first time in December. I'm extremely excited and I still can't believe it, and I also don't know what to expect. I've been to other performers' gigs before, but is there anything I should know about my first live Moz experience? :)
What to expect, how nuts will it be, can I bring my camera? Should I go to the very front?

hello blue dress.
lucky you, the g mex is huge. you have to get there pretty early to get to the front if you have standing tickets. at the front it will be a bit of a crush, as it's in december the weather will be cold so that will cool things down. if your waiting outside for the doors to open, warm clothes. best idea is not to take a bag with if your going to the front. your bag will be checked before going in, the security may not like you having your camera with you, put it in a jacket pocket. take bottled water, there will be toilets but you will lose your place if you want to take a pee. be prepared to be pushed, leaned against etc best idea i think as every one wants to be right underneath morrissey, is that i would go to the side, may be under boz or jess. crowd surfers will be mainly in the middle, as will be the jumping up and down. surfers and people dancing ( because there so many people) do get hurt, so be careful. chanting of morrissey's name is commen place and will leave your voice raw in the morning.
but above all ENJOY IT, as it's near christmas too merry xmas.

:)

I can't be helpful as I have only seen him once at festival, but hydrating sounds like a jolly good idea! What I actually wanted to know is where your signature comes from :o

Hi, are you talking to me there?!

If so, the quote is from the film 'Death in Venice', it's a beautiful film with two of my favourite things- Venice and Dirk Bogarde :) And that's one of the few lines of dialogue, I think it captures a moment quite perfectly- of that bolt of electricity you can feel just from another person's look.

I've never been to a concert with football like chants. And I've been to alot of concerts.

Hi, are you talking to me there?!

If so, the quote is from the film 'Death in Venice', it's a beautiful film with two of my favourite things- Venice and Dirk Bogarde :) And that's one of the few lines of dialogue, I think it captures a moment quite perfectly- of that bolt of electricity you can feel just from another person's look.
I know exactly what you're talking about! I guess that's why I found it so amazing... I didn't see the film (I was too young and easily bored when it was shown on telly :rolleyes: ) but I read the book some years ago. It's a fascinating topic. However, I don't like Venice too much I'm afraid... :o

hello blue dress.
lucky you, the g mex is huge. you have to get there pretty early to get to the front if you have standing tickets. at the front it will be a bit of a crush, as it's in december the weather will be cold so that will cool things down. if your waiting outside for the doors to open, warm clothes. best idea is not to take a bag with if your going to the front. your bag will be checked before going in, the security may not like you having your camera with you, put it in a jacket pocket. take bottled water, there will be toilets but you will lose your place if you want to take a pee. be prepared to be pushed, leaned against etc best idea i think as every one wants to be right underneath morrissey, is that i would go to the side, may be under boz or jess. crowd surfers will be mainly in the middle, as will be the jumping up and down. surfers and people dancing ( because there so many people) do get hurt, so be careful. chanting of morrissey's name is commen place and will leave your voice raw in the morning.
but above all ENJOY IT, as it's near christmas too merry xmas.

:)

this is excellent advice, i agree...although be prepared that they will take any bottles off you at the door and force you to pay extortionate prices for drinks inside.
also they will search you inside the doors so a camera phone is always better than just a camera- they cant take that off you. my friend had a camera taken off her at the m.e.n. so i speak from experience....!

Back
Top Bottom