Any information on song that might be left over from La Fabrique Sessions

H

Hatedforloving

Given great quality of IANADOAC wondering if anyone has information on song titles that were recorded during the IANADOAC album sessions but didnt make it. Possiblt something to look forward to as a deluxe release given the quality of the album and closure of the BMG deal.

If I recall correctly it was initially announced as a 12 track album by Morrissey in that interview with Fiona Dodwell in... May?
So at least one track went missing between then and the "official" announcement in November.

I’m sure they recorded/considered at least 15 songs
for an album of 12. Especially taking into account that Boz didn’t have any cuts that made the album, but most certainly brought some songs to be considered. I’m sure the other co-writers had more than 2 songs to offer aside from Jesse. So I’d say it’s entirely possible that 15-20 songs were at least recorded/attempted in some form or fashion.
I hope a deluxe version of the album with extra tracks is eventually announced. Does anyone remember the time gap between the release of WPINOYB and the deluxe version?

Also on a side note - which prior album is getting a rerelease again? Wasn’t something announced last year?

There is no information of any sorts as to session tracks over and above what's been released.
There's also no indication whether the 'Dog' recordings were unique or part of Chiccarelli's asserted wealth of material stemming from the La Fabrique / Forum Studios creative period (remembering that Dog was recorded in 2018 very close to LIHS).

Yes, Dodwell did gleam:
"Can I ask what's next for you, Morrissey? I know you have some tour dates coming up soon but do you have any long terms plans for another solo album or project - or haven't you thought that far ahead just yet?

We have recorded a new studio album, but when it's released depends upon how much breathing space is allowed California Son. So, anything could happen... and anything usually does happen. It's an album of 12 original songs, so is, in its way, the follow-up to Low In High School. We recorded it in France once again, and it's fantastic. I would imagine a January release, but I don't mind if it's later."

Looking at the running time, it would seem an extra 12th track could fit on the CD. Obviously vinyl has different considerations, but that could have worked too - so who knows!?
Regards,
FWD.

If I recall correctly it was initially announced as a 12 track album by Morrissey in that interview with Fiona Dodwell in... May?
So at least one track went missing between then and the "official" announcement in November.

“The Secret of Music” ate it.

snip...

Also on a side note - which prior album is getting a rerelease again? Wasn’t something announced last year?
Pinch of salt probably required:
"The first single is "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?", which features vocals by Thelma Houston. The B-side is "Rainbow Valley", a cover of the UK hit by The Love Affair.

BMG will re-issue and re-master several Morrissey albums in 2020, with updated artwork and sleeve notes. These albums are: Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted, You Are The Quarry, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, Years Of Refusal, Live At The Hollwood Bowl."

(From here).

Regards,
FWD.

There is no information of any sorts as to session tracks over and above what's been released.
There's also no indication whether the 'Dog' recordings were unique or part of Chiccarelli's asserted wealth of material stemming from the La Fabrique / Forum Studios creative period (remembering that Dog was recorded in 2018 very close to LIHS).

The exact date of recording has been bugging me. On the record it says "Recorded in St-Remy, France 2019" but I was also under the impression that they were recording there in 2018.
Then again, there's the "maybe I'll be skinned alive by Canada Goose" line which makes me think that at least part of the vocals were recorded later in 2019, maybe during the sessions in LA when Thelma's vocals were added?
I've also been wondering if Bobby was always supposed to be a "duet".

Does anyone remember the time gap between the release of WPINOYB and the deluxe version?
I believe the deluxe edition of World Peace was available at the time of the release of the regular album.
The deluxe edition of LIHS was released one year after the release date of the regular edition.

The exact date of recording has been bugging me. On the record it says "Recorded in St-Remy, France 2019" but I was also under the impression that they were recording there in 2018.
Then again, there's the "maybe I'll be skinned alive by Canada Goose" line which makes me think that at least part of the vocals were recorded later in 2019, maybe during the sessions in LA when Thelma's vocals were added?
I've also been wondering if Bobby was always supposed to be a "duet".
It is a headache. We know most of Dog was definitely (in part before finishing/mixing) before May 2019 - the date of the Dodwell interview that mentions it being recorded already (followed by SER giving us titles in June 2019).
My personal opinion is that Chiccarelli's mention of: "As with the last album, he presented me with about 26 demos in advance." (Chiccarelli, November, 2017) is key here. I think all of it stems from the France/Rome recordings and subsequent studio time has been to finish and finalise - especial given the staff and instruments being used are very similar. So late 2018 into early 2019? The cryptic picture of St-Remy, France 'The Wall Remains' was January 2019 if that helps lend more weight.
That said, 2018 comes from only one place I believe - the press release for Dog.
So one thing that might actually solve the mystery is to assume the press release saying recorded in France 2018 is a typo and then more sense could be made of where and whens, but if it's correct - I'd say the former best explains it.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks to all for supplying all of this (to me) very interesting detail on the possible IANADOAC recordings...what it sounds like is that there was an abundace of material that made up the recordings of both LIHS & IANADOAC almost simultaneously yet the gap in quality is immense. Don't get me wrong I like at least half of LIHS yet IANADOAC is far superior in my opinion....Also since World Peace he seems to be very effieceint in the studio banging out recordings in a couple of weeks whereas most artists tend to take months in the studio. Anyway hopefully at some stage we'll see the "12th Song" and you'd never know what has happened since the likley 2018 recordings as mentioned above.....he's had some time to write new hopefully and hopefully get it releasd at some point.

Yes, Dodwell did gleam:
"Can I ask what's next for you, Morrissey? I know you have some tour dates coming up soon but do you have any long terms plans for another solo album or project - or haven't you thought that far ahead just yet?

We have recorded a new studio album, but when it's released depends upon how much breathing space is allowed California Son. So, anything could happen... and anything usually does happen. It's an album of 12 original songs, so is, in its way, the follow-up to Low In High School. We recorded it in France once again, and it's fantastic. I would imagine a January release, but I don't mind if it's later."

Looking at the running time, it would seem an extra 12th track could fit on the CD. Obviously vinyl has different considerations, but that could have worked too - so who knows!?
Regards,
FWD.
I kind of see Dog as the third part of a triumvirate marathon session that began with High School. I'm too lazy to look up info an exact recording dates anymore but it seems like the last three records were right on top of each other and kind of blended into each other proportionally.

Back
Top Bottom