Anyone have this photo? (By Renaud Monfourny?)

nickbatcave

Yes, I come here all the time asking for interviews and photographs and such, but you all are always so helpful!
The other day I found a screenshot of this photograph from a video, and I assume it was taken by Renaud Monfourny, because of the lighting and such (it seems to be from the same shoot that produced the photo of him in the "England" shirt)

 MORRISSEY - You've Had Her (Single Version)_Moment(2).jpg

Does anyone have the full photo?

Yes, I come here all the time asking for interviews and photographs and such, but you all are always so helpful!
The other day I found a screenshot of this photograph from a video, and I assume it was taken by Renaud Monfourny, because of the lighting and such (it seems to be from the same shoot that produced the photo of him in the "England" shirt)

View attachment 49316

Does anyone have the full photo?
It is indeed a Monfourny and used by someone on YT for the You've Had Her video.
Used officially on the Glamorous Glue pic disc (2011):

MORRISSEY-7-877__57405_zoom.jpg

Regards
FWD.

It is indeed a Monfourny and used by someone on YT for the You've Had Her video.
Used officially on the Glamorous Glue pic disc (2011):

View attachment 49317

Regards
FWD.

As always, I'm very grateful!

This person on youtube always seems to snag pictures and change them up a bit, and not really know where the original came from;
These are from another video, and are taken by Iain McKell, but I can't find any high quality versions of them online. I'm not sure where they're from either, as the only magazine I know that McKell's photos were featured in was the 28 June 1986 edition of "Number One" (Yet I have found and saved other high quality versions of other photos from this shoot)

MORRISSEY - Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness (Demo)_Moment.jpg
MORRISSEY - Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness (Electric Demo)_Moment.jpg

Also, I'll try to stop bothering the forums to help me find things (after this ) :D

As always, I'm very grateful!

This person on youtube always seems to snag pictures and change them up a bit, and not really know where the original came from;
These are from another video, and are taken by Iain McKell, but I can't find any high quality versions of them online. I'm not sure where they're from either, as the only magazine I know that McKell's photos were featured in was the 28 June 1986 edition of "Number One" (Yet I have found and saved other high quality versions of other photos from this shoot)

View attachment 49319 View attachment 49320

Also, I'll try to stop bothering the forums to help me find things (after this ) :D
I don't know if I can be much help with these. I don't ever recall seeing them in bigger, better quality forms than pictured already above.
I posted scans of Number 1 Magazine here a while back with some of his work, but these really don't seem to have any real major publication to find online that featured them (reverse image, tineye & yandex return zero).
@joe frady may know - as his memory works better than mine.
Regards,
FWD.

I don't know if I can be much help with these. I don't ever recall seeing them in bigger, better quality forms than pictured already above.
I posted scans of Number 1 Magazine here a while back with some of his work, but these really don't seem to have any real major publication to find online that featured them (reverse image, tineye & yandex return zero).
@joe frady may know - as his memory works better than mine.
Regards,
FWD.

Apologies nickbatcave, í can offer no help with these.
My 'specialty' {singular} tends to be post-'88 pics {ie ~ when í first 'fell'}.

the only tit-bit í can offer is that í am pretty certain that these shots were taken in the Britannia Hotel in Portland Street, Manchester. That wallpaper...once seen, never forgotten. Even with a bleach eye bath.
The Britannia is kind of like the Sunset Marquis, but shit.
But, back in the day, it passed for glamour in town, and was the setting of quite a few Moz interviews.

FWD ~ My memory vs yours? :ha-no:

I really liked the picture disc photo, so I took a stab at removing the hole/lines, the original photo isn't online is it?
otherwise I probably wasted my time!

View attachment 49343
I've not seen it anywhere except the picture disc (that's the internet's cue to cough up an image just to argue with me).
I think one of the selling points at the time was the rarity of some of the art.
From TTY at the time (2011):

"Directing the artwork for the album and single, Morrissey has chosen a selection of very rare - in some instances, previously unseen - stunning photos from Jake Walters, Kevin Cummins, Linder Sterling, Perou and Renaud Monfourny to adorn the sleeves, booklet and poster bag."

It looks fine - well done..
Regards,
FWD.

Tags
england morrissey morrissey photos renaud monfourny
Back
Top Bottom