"Anything could happen" - an interview with Morrissey - Free Press Houston

ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN: AN INTERVIEW WITH MORRISSEY - Free Press Houston
By David Garrick
...Now, after several rescheduled dates, he’s on his way back to Houston for an appearance at White Oak Music Hall. Free Press Houston was more than thrilled to get to talk to the legendary artist about his upcoming return to Houston.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!
So Moz denies ever being in The Nosebleeds and singing for Slaughter and the Dogs. Who is that mischievous person spreading that fakefact around? o_O

And, his extreme naivety regarding major labels or DIY (more or less) is doing him no favours, nor his fans, but hey, you never know what can happen. Sometimes the needle in the haystack is found. :)

Good look showing love to the bulrush crane Moz. We're friends of the feather. Good look showing love to my man James Brown. Do the Turkey step.

Enjoyed this. :thumb: However the author came off a bit annoying to me...he wanted to stress how exclusive this interview is. I don't think Moz interviews such as this are so rare or that facts on Moz are so sparse...found it self important. Also many of the questions were kind of old ( he's answered questions about Jerry Finn years ago). Still I liked Morrissey's answers.

I thought that Morrissey singing for The Nosebleeds and Slaughter and the dogs was fact. I dont recall him denying it...anyone remember??

I liked that he said he liked the "overconfidence" of the major label! Hopefully soon!!;)

So Moz denies ever being in The Nosebleeds and singing for Slaughter and the Dogs. Who is that mischievous person spreading that fakefact around? o_O

He was in a band with two members of the Nosebleeds plus Billy Duffy which played a gig under the name "Ed Banger and the Nosebleeds". According to Autobiography, though, this band was never supposed to be the Nosebleeds, but it also never had a name. So I guess they may have played the gig using the name as a default. So whether he was actually in the Nosebleeds might be a matter of opinion and interpretation.

In John Robb's The North Will Rise Again, Morrissey denies ever being in Slaughter and the Dogs. But there seem to be witnesses that say he was, including at least one Dog (Mick Rossi, in I Swear I Was There ). Johnny Rogan claims to have seen a penpal letter where Morrissey talks about going to London for an unsuccessful record company audition with them. It seems to have been very brief, so maybe Morrissey was never officially confirmed as a member of the group, or maybe he has just chosen to edit the episode out of his history, for whatever reason.

Last edited:
nosebleeds-gig.jpg

Come on Moz, how could you deny such a thing?

still giving very little away as usual.he never said we wont hear a new song or two so fingers crossed.

Crap interview to be brutally honest.
Such a stiff boring old dried up puppet these days, blah blah blah !
What a pussy ! Such a big girls blouse with the total avoidance of Donny Pump bashing.

Ga ga in Malaga ! :laughing: Ill in Brazil ! :mock: Kiss me all over my face ! :rofl:

Get off the stage you silly old man,
Get off the stage

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

This will sound terribly negative but.... "anything can happen" is less believable when he plays the same songs night after night. He should make an effort to mix things up, and do interesting new versions of old songs etc. The band is capable of way more than they do.

Gosh, I actually used to think you were quite witty - now you're just ... moronic.
Time to get off the stage?

Crap interview to be brutally honest.
Such a stiff boring old dried up puppet these days, blah blah blah !
What a pussy ! Such a big girls blouse with the total avoidance of Donny Pump bashing.

Ga ga in Malaga ! :laughing: Ill in Brazil ! :mock: Kiss me all over my face ! :rofl:

Get off the stage you silly old man,
Get off the stage

This will sound terribly negative but.... "anything can happen" is less believable when he plays the same songs night after night. He should make an effort to mix things up, and do interesting new versions of old songs etc. The band is capable of way more than they do.

" New versions of old songs ? " Are you taking the piss Acco ?

I would say re-invention. New Lawnmowers, new songs, new boyfriend etc etc.

Otherwise I'm afraid it's failed celebrity jungle for our boring old aged Steve.

I would like the private emotion part expanded on. Kinky thoughts, Romantic fantasies, what is he talking about here?

'Well, anything could happen' .... which could only mean his version of Browns 'SEX MACHINE' !!! :brows:

also...

' ... I was always drawn to whatever and whoever was socially unacceptable in the arts … and I always loved people who were slightly off-center. I suppose that remains … because … I think I’ve just described myself. '

:lbf:

How is asking "how are you doing" in any way pedantic?

Exactly!
This top of the list, famous journo from the Houston Chronicle or whatever, has the right to ask this very important question at our beloved icon. (For one reason or another I suddenly started to like this phrase, reminder: should not use it too much!)

We, fans need to be informed, and guess what, though reluctantly, he had to admit he was doing very well.
Informative! To the point! Although I had the feeling the journo was slightly disappointed he couldn't say, pope of mope or miserable, depressing poet from Stretford, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN: AN INTERVIEW WITH MORRISSEY - Free Press Houston
By David Garrick
...Now, after several rescheduled dates, he’s on his way back to Houston for an appearance at White Oak Music Hall. Free Press Houston was more than thrilled to get to talk to the legendary artist about his upcoming return to Houston.

Oi, Pinelopi, did you see:)))? Even gelato and the barber aren't always mentioned. Well, they were mentioned in that disgusting book... I'll never forgive.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom