Article: Frank Arkwright tweeted about delivering 7 remastered Smiths albums and 50 e

A lovely big Smiths boxset on the way perhaps? Please God it's true.

That was a more than a year ago.
Where is the product?

Been waiting twenty-nine years and 2012 is the 30th anniversary of the split. Hope over expectation.

OK....50 extra tracks? For real? THAT would be the greatest gift to humanity...well except maybe for a cure for AIDS, cancer, and hair loss

Could the 50 extra tracks he mentions just be single b-sides? I hope I'm wrong and they are rare tracks, demos, etc. but I expect they won't be. Here's hoping and hoping........

Re: Article: Frank Arkwright tweeted about delivering 7 remastered Smiths albums and

Could the 50 extra tracks he mentions just be single b-sides? I hope I'm wrong and they are rare tracks, demos, etc. but I expect they won't be. Here's hoping and hoping........

I agree, chances are it will just be b-sides as it's only roughly 7 per disc. Maybe only one or two of the outtakes that have already leaked in a "beat the bootlegger" fashion as happened with Lifeguard On Duty and the Bona Drag extras. But I think it would be wrong to get over-excited at this stage. If the forum posts are true and Morrissey has vetoed Viva Hate reissue and Wolverhampton gig along with other projects then the odds are that if there are extras they won't be that sensational and more to the point these reissues could still be shelved. But I agree that the 2012 anniversary of split sounds a likely marketing cash-in.

Re: Article: Frank Arkwright tweeted about delivering 7 remastered Smiths albums and

Been waiting twenty-nine years and 2012 is the 30th anniversary of the split. Hope over expectation.

Formation. 30th anniversary of their formation.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom