Article: HMV exclusive limited gold vinyl pressings of "Viva Hate","Your Arsenal" and "Vauxhall & I"

UPDATE June 8:

Morran sends the link:

Viva Hate, Your Arsenal, and Vauxhall And I: Limited-edition vinyl pressings to be available in the UK on 20 June - true-to-you.net

UPDATE June 7:

Uncleskinny posted the image (link to tweet by @hmvtweets from Roberto Ferdenzi):

hmvgoldvinyl.jpg

In an article from the NME today, HMV is repressing "Viva Hate," "Your Arsenal," and "Vauxhall & I" on Gold Vinyl. Each record is limited to 500 copies, and will be available at HMV stores around the country on June 20.

Full article here!

Morrissey, Nirvana, Royal Blood exclusive vinyl pressings to be sold at HMV - NME.com
Velvet Underground, Black Sabbath, Joni Mitchell and The Charlatans records to also be issued on limited-edition vinyl

Morran also sends the tweet:

#LoveVinyl - HMV.com

hmv exclusive vinyl
The exclusives will be available to buy in-store only on the 20th June. Please note these are exclusive LPs and stock will be extremely limited. It will be first come first served on the day, while stocks last. One per customer. No reservations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New limited pressings of Viva Hate, Your Arsenal, and Vauxhall & I from HMV

How will we know which HMVs have them ?

Mmmmm ! Yes I see what you mean it's all a bit Charlie and the chocolate factory isn't it. Which one of you will manage to get your hands on one of Stevens ultra rare golden wonka's ?
I can see this is going to get really exciting (clap hands fast giving a look of "yikes")
I shall purchase as many as my mate Dave who works at the HMV can supply me with and put them up on E-bay UK and make a shitload out you sweet and tender fooligans. I might even sign them and slip in a free slice of cheese inside to make them even more collectable and mark 33years of hypocracy.
Happy bidding everyone and good luck.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I can cast a light on this ... have known about this since last week but we couldnt talk about it
Every store is getting a minimum of 2 copies of each .... 19.99 is the price on our system... no preorders being taken it is 1st come on the day ... i work in newcastle store and we are getting 10 of each vinyl .... no staff reservations allowed either.
Hope that helps anyone who cares

I can cast a light on this ... have known about this since last week but we couldnt talk about it
Every store is getting a minimum of 2 copies of each .... 19.99 is the price on our system... no preorders being taken it is 1st come on the day ... i work in newcastle store and we are getting 10 of each vinyl .... no staff reservations allowed either.

I care and it doesn't help :)

Thank you, but it makes my point nicely.
Since 'restructuring', there are 120 HMV shops left (source: HMV website).
That should ensure 4 copies of each per shop, but obviously, giving certain places more affects everywhere else. I don't see Newcastle as synonymous with Moz vinyls and I bet Birmingham doesn't get ten copies of any of them. As I said, there's no rhyme or reason behind it. If every shop had the same, fair enough, but one of the reasons it died as a music shop is this kind of thing.
Regards,
FWD

Last edited:

Don't worry. Eventually they all turn up on eBay for next to nothing.

There aren't that many collectors out there. It's just us.

The HMV stores which will have them are listed on the website.
The ones which have Vinyl facilities will be the ones that will have them.

Thanks for posting the pic.

I don't see why we should anticipate a statement from Morrissey warning us not to buy them as someone mentioned on page one. The remasters were done with his blessing I assume. Plus it's only 500 copies of each which is hardly a cash cow for EMI.

Gold discs is not very Morrissey is it?

Thank you, but it makes my point nicely.
Since 'restructuring', there are 120 HMV shops left (source: HMV website).
That should ensure 4 copies of each per shop, but obviously, giving certain places more affects everywhere else. I don't see Newcastle as synonymous with Moz vinyls and I bet Birmingham doesn't get ten copies of any of them. As I said, there's no rhyme or reason behind it. If every shop had the same, fair enough, but one of the reasons it died as a music shop is this kind of thing.
Regards,
FWD

It goes off individual stores vinyl footage ... newcastle has 40ft of vinyl and the next nearest store is sunderland and they have 5ft so it is pro rata .... makes sense to me .
Birmingham bullring will i imagine get similar to newcastle .... merryhill store probably less... manchester more ???? .... who knows !!

#Mozza Gold! Glorious limited edition Morrissey vinyl in-store 20/06! Full info http://t.co/M42OKHxMMF #LoveVinyl http://t.co/yAE8f1H0LW

#Mozza Gold! Glorious limited edition Morrissey vinyl in-store 20/06! Full info http://t.co/M42OKHxMMF #LoveVinyl http://t.co/yAE8f1H0LW

It goes off individual stores vinyl footage ... newcastle has 40ft of vinyl and the next nearest store is sunderland and they have 5ft so it is pro rata .... makes sense to me .
Birmingham bullring will i imagine get similar to newcastle .... merryhill store probably less... manchester more ???? .... who knows !!
Thanks. It makes sense pro-rata, but my point was that it certainly hasn't been in the past!
I believe someone mentioned a list of HMVs that actually stock vinyl. I can't find one anywhere. They might increase sales if they let customers know which of the 120 stores left are actually particpating to save everyone a headache!
Cheers,
FWD

Does every single store in the uk get a few copies? cos theres 120 HMV's in the UK lol, that'd work out at 4 copies of each vinyl per store? or is it worked out by region? any know ??

Does every single store in the uk get a few copies? cos theres 120 HMV's in the UK lol, that'd work out at 4 copies of each vinyl per store? or is it worked out by region? any know ??

well the guy above just gave some wisdom. if I was guessing theyd stock it based on sales. look for the store that does the most business and try there first. sure certain stores may sell more of one thing than the other, some niche scenario, but im guessing that the store that does the most money will be given a good abundance of stock

Mmmmm ! Yes I see what you mean it's all a bit Charlie and the chocolate factory isn't it. Which one of you will manage to get your hands on one of Stevens ultra rare golden wonka's ?
I can see this is going to get really exciting (clap hands fast giving a look of "yikes")
I shall purchase as many as my mate Dave who works at the HMV can supply me with and put them up on E-bay UK and make a shitload out you sweet and tender fooligans. I might even sign them and slip in a free slice of cheese inside to make them even more collectable and mark 33years of hypocracy.

Isn't there a "One Direction" page calling your name Benny... I believe all of those boys eat cheese... how about taking your propaganda elsewhere please?

Remember the clamour over the Hot Topic orange vinyl, now there's tons of them on eBay and Discogs for nothing prices. I do think these gold ones will be very collectible tho, and 500 is very limited.

Benny... I'm new to this site and I'm so glad I found you... Imagine my surprise to learn that the Sydney Opera House opened in 1973... hundreds and hundreds and possibly thousands and thousands of years after the Cockroach first roamed this planet. Imagine my horror when I learned the Steven Patrick Crankfraud is playing in a Venue that supported the destruction of Cockroaches and other Vermin who inhabited this planet prior to the first shovel being thrust into the ground in Sydney on the day the Opera House was dedicated in 1973. I am going to make it my mission... much like you are... to comment on every thread in this website about how Steven Crankfraud supports the destruction of Cockroaches by playing in a Venue that murdered hundreds... maybe even thousands in 1973. All others who come onto this site to project their love for Steven Crankfraud will have to endure my endless nonesess of this fact.. much the same way you have made them endure your opinion that Steven Crankfraud eats cheese... much to your dismay. Together, we, and only we, can combine to make this website a true website that Steven Crankfraud and his faithful followers will hate forever!!!!

Goodnight... and Thank You!

Remember the clamour over the Hot Topic orange vinyl, now there's tons of them on eBay and Discogs for nothing prices. I do think these gold ones will be very collectible tho, and 500 is very limited.

Did we ever get an official number for the orange ones? The actual records aren't numbered so there may have been a shit load of them.

Oh dear. The horrible 'new' cover of Viva Hate with that horrible Germanic writing. Why didn't they use the original which was an absolute classic?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom