Article: HMV exclusive limited gold vinyl pressings of "Viva Hate","Your Arsenal" and "Vauxhall & I"

UPDATE June 8:

Morran sends the link:

Viva Hate, Your Arsenal, and Vauxhall And I: Limited-edition vinyl pressings to be available in the UK on 20 June - true-to-you.net

UPDATE June 7:

Uncleskinny posted the image (link to tweet by @hmvtweets from Roberto Ferdenzi):

hmvgoldvinyl.jpg

In an article from the NME today, HMV is repressing "Viva Hate," "Your Arsenal," and "Vauxhall & I" on Gold Vinyl. Each record is limited to 500 copies, and will be available at HMV stores around the country on June 20.

Full article here!

Morrissey, Nirvana, Royal Blood exclusive vinyl pressings to be sold at HMV - NME.com
Velvet Underground, Black Sabbath, Joni Mitchell and The Charlatans records to also be issued on limited-edition vinyl

Morran also sends the tweet:

#LoveVinyl - HMV.com

hmv exclusive vinyl
The exclusives will be available to buy in-store only on the 20th June. Please note these are exclusive LPs and stock will be extremely limited. It will be first come first served on the day, while stocks last. One per customer. No reservations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont like any of them covers, look cheap n tacky. All three originals were gorgeous. And them gold vinyls look horrific

I like the gold. weren't there other colors besides the orange as well

Oh dear. The horrible 'new' cover of Viva Hate with that horrible Germanic writing. Why didn't they use the original which was an absolute classic?

Well because EMI recently released the remasters over the last few years. The originals aren't available brand new.

Well because EMI recently released the remasters over the last few years. The originals aren't available brand new.

He means why didnt they print the sleeves with the original artwork, its got f*** all to do with being brand new. what u on about?

These are nice. I don't know much about vinyl pressings at all. I just buy what I like. At first I thought these might be dipped in 10k gold or at least have flecks of 10k in the vinyl, but since they're so cheap I guess they're really just dipped in metallic paint. At any rate, I'd still love to have Viva Hate at least. Good luck to you all who have access to these rare beauties.

Hey, I don't mind it, but it's probably more to do with the fact that Morrissey hates it, and it has the critical reputation of an unloved turd. Instead of gold, maybe they could release it on special diarrhea brown vinyl, or something? Hell - I'd buy that.

I can cast a light on this ... have known about this since last week but we couldnt talk about it
Every store is getting a minimum of 2 copies of each .... 19.99 is the price on our system... no preorders being taken it is 1st come on the day ... i work in newcastle store and we are getting 10 of each vinyl .... no staff reservations allowed either.
Hope that helps anyone who cares

Cheers for this mate. Will be popping into eldon square on sat morning early doors and hopefully getting all 3! But shit for the staff though, thought you guys would've got first refusal...

Are they already sold out everywhere?

hmvManchester ‏@hmvmanchester 8 Min.
Vinyl day is well under way. All Morrissey vinyl has sadly sold out.

CH7ei6IWIAAcnbL.jpg

In the bag. 4th to join the queue at the Bull ring in Birmingham at 8.05 - by the time the doors opened at nine around 15 people in the queue. Apart from the limited editions advertised there are a few other Classsic albums reduced - picked up the stone roses for 7.99 (regular vinyl release). There were ten copies of each Morrissey album.within one minute they were gone.

In the bag. 4th to join the queue at the Bull ring in Birmingham at 8.05 - by the time the doors opened at nine around 15 people in the queue. Apart from the limited editions advertised there are a few other Classsic albums reduced - picked up the stone roses for 7.99 (regular vinyl release). There were ten copies of each Morrissey album.within one minute they were gone.

Yeap and no doubt on eBay now. All sold out in Mankfester too.

4Th in the que at Trafford centre, which only had 3 copies of each, many thanks to number 3 who left me Viva Hate, need Vauxhall and Arsenal. if any spares pm me, I know but it's worth a try..

Got all 3 in Milton Keynes. Just me and a couple of other guys interested in the Moz. About 10 others looking at other stuff. 5 copies of each album in this store.

Have to say they really skip a lot when playing them. I have a decent turntable set up and these jump about far more than any other vinyl I own. Always in the same spot as well.

Guess I shouldn't have played them and kept them sealed never to see the light of day. But hey records should be spun....if only they were listenable. Gold vinyl doesn't play as nicely as black? I don't know

Got all 3 in Milton Keynes. Just me and a couple of other guys interested in the Moz. About 10 others looking at other stuff. 5 copies of each album in this store.

Have to say they really skip a lot when playing them. I have a decent turntable set up and these jump about far more than any other vinyl I own. Always in the same spot as well.

Guess I shouldn't have played them and kept them sealed never to see the light of day. But hey records should be spun....if only they were listenable. Gold vinyl doesn't play as nicely as black? I don't know
I think they are spray-painted gold, that's bound to close up some of the grooves on the records
How much did they cost btw and congratulations on getting all four, i'm not a collector myself but i really should

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are spray-painted gold, that's bound to close up some of the grooves on the records
How much did they cost btw and congratulations on getting all four, i'm not a collector myself but i really should

Oh really??? Is it me?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom