Article: HMV exclusive limited gold vinyl pressings of "Viva Hate","Your Arsenal" and "Vauxhall & I"

UPDATE June 8:

Morran sends the link:

Viva Hate, Your Arsenal, and Vauxhall And I: Limited-edition vinyl pressings to be available in the UK on 20 June - true-to-you.net

UPDATE June 7:

Uncleskinny posted the image (link to tweet by @hmvtweets from Roberto Ferdenzi):

hmvgoldvinyl.jpg

In an article from the NME today, HMV is repressing "Viva Hate," "Your Arsenal," and "Vauxhall & I" on Gold Vinyl. Each record is limited to 500 copies, and will be available at HMV stores around the country on June 20.

Full article here!

Morrissey, Nirvana, Royal Blood exclusive vinyl pressings to be sold at HMV - NME.com
Velvet Underground, Black Sabbath, Joni Mitchell and The Charlatans records to also be issued on limited-edition vinyl

Morran also sends the tweet:

#LoveVinyl - HMV.com

hmv exclusive vinyl
The exclusives will be available to buy in-store only on the 20th June. Please note these are exclusive LPs and stock will be extremely limited. It will be first come first served on the day, while stocks last. One per customer. No reservations.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats to everyone who got one or more. they look really nice

Oh really??? Is it me?

Oh sarcasm, clever............(i know where you can shove that sarcasm). I don't know what you are getting at, but it is obvious that it spray-painted, i merely pointed it out. So excuuuuuuse me!.............wanker

Last edited by a moderator:
Well because EMI recently released the remasters over the last few years. The originals aren't available brand new.

I found a brand new original Your Arsenal LP recently. Was v surprised...

Please stop. you made me wee a little bit i laughed so much.

congrats to everyone who got one or more. they look really nice

Yes a big thanks to my mate Dave at the HMV for getting me 2 copies of each one.
As promised I shall be listing them soon on e-bay UK the lucky bidders will find enclosed lots of signed Benny stuff.
Happy bidding folks and also happy Father's Day to Dads all over the world present and departed, cheers Dads have a great day.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I just got mine from a kind person in UK, she got them from HMV Loughborough, unsure of whether to open the shrink wrap ? any opinions ?

Got all 3 in Milton Keynes. Just me and a couple of other guys interested in the Moz. About 10 others looking at other stuff. 5 copies of each album in this store.

Have to say they really skip a lot when playing them. I have a decent turntable set up and these jump about far more than any other vinyl I own. Always in the same spot as well.

Guess I shouldn't have played them and kept them sealed never to see the light of day. But hey records should be spun....if only they were listenable. Gold vinyl doesn't play as nicely as black? I don't know

Just back from my holibobs and giving mine a spin as i tap away .... quite sturdy vinyl and bit of a swirl on them ...my your arsenal has a slight jump right at beginning of side 2 .... other than that ok . I have opened them ... had a look at the gatefold ...then resealed carefully and kept the stickers on too ... i will continue to play them cos they sound pretty bloody beefy on vinyl . All my old smiths vinyl plays great after 30 years and still got immaculate sleeves too ... and they were played to death back in the day .
For anyone who cares ... the moz vinyls were by far the biggest sellers on the day ... we were gone in 15 minutes and we had the 3rd best sales in the company at newcastle store . Its been deemed a success so will we hope become a regular thing ... so maybe next year we may get kill uncle , southpaw ,and maladjusted ...who knows . On to vauxhall now

Thanks Northernleech. The worst skip on all 3 of mine is the same place e.g side 2 of Your Arsenal. Weird. I popped mine back to HMV and got then to play it on their in store turntable and it was fine. Guess a combo of some imperfections on the vinyl and my set up is really finding them. Maybe I need to treat myself to some new stereo equipment to enjoy the gold magic.

The talk about spraying records reminded me of a tip. You really can spray your records with paint but you should make sure to use lacquer. It cleans the record chemically and puts a fine protective coating on it to last forever.

The talk about spraying records reminded me of a tip. You really can spray your records with paint but you should make sure to use lacquer. It cleans the record chemically and puts a fine protective coating on it to last forever.

is this like the you can charge you i phone in the micro wave thing

Stop it.... You shouldn't mock.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom