Article in The New European "Morrissey Is Dead" by Nicholas Barrett (more nuanced than the headline)

Morrissey Is Dead - The New European
By Nicholas Barrett

HE WAS THE HOPE OF THE SHY TEEN WHO LEFT THE PARTY EARLY, WENT HOME ALONE AND CRIED. BUT MORRISSEY’S RAPIER RHETORIC HAS TURNED DARK, SUPERFAN NICHOLAS BARRETT REPORTS

43322_morrissey_is_dead.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So "The Queen is Dead" was a pretty tasteless album title because the other Windsors were still alive? And what about the line "London is dead" in "Glamorous Glue"? An entire city with eight Million people dead! What was going on in Morrissey's ugly mind?
More than your mind

'Other things to be sad about' I'm sure the journalist has an ailing aging mother, a kid with an intractable disease, and mortgage troubles, but this is their job. And a good one they've done too.
But Skinny, you must admit we've had this same article over and over these last few months. 'I was a lonely teenager and Morrissey saved me... he was brilliant but now he's a twat and it makes me sad.' It's boring because it's exactly the same as all the others.

Disgusting way to title an article, even if the writer expands on it in the article.

Morrissey is very much alive, more passionate, creative and expressive than ever.

all those haters and all those who ridicule him need to ask themselves this: if he's THAT bad, why not move on? Really. There's nicer ways to spend time rather than focusing on that which you hate.
On the contrary, when what one hates is “hate” and ignorance, the responsible thing to do is bring it to light and speak-up against it.

This is the fundamental flaw in the half-baked reasoning of people who defend and excuse Morrissey’s loathesome perspective as “freedom of speech”. They’re happy to cite said right as a means of defence. ...but unwilling to face the backlash of fact that comes from such a right, when ill-used.

My responses are no different than they’d be for any friend or loved one who spouted such nonsense. I held Morrissey in high esteem for a great part of my life. Having to watch him circle the bowl of decency on his way down is a bitter pill to swallow.

On the contrary, when what one hates is “hate” and ignorance, the responsible thing to do is bring it to light and speak-up against it.

This is the fundamental flaw in the half-baked reasoning of people who defend and excuse Morrissey’s loathesome perspective as “freedom of speech”. They’re happy to cite said right as a means of defence. ...but unwilling to face the backlash of fact that comes from such a right, when ill-used.

My responses are no different than they’d be for any friend or loved one who spouted such nonsense. I held Morrissey in high esteem for a great part of my life. Having to watch him circle the bowl of decency on his way down is a bitter pill to swallow.

That is the most delusional, self-important millennial bullshit I've ever heard...

I'm sorry but Morrissey's not dead. He was a poet, and he still is. There's no one quite like him........ oh what have I done? FAvourite lyric so far.

Oh, what have I done? My favourite lyric. Loaded to the hilt.

is there a new genre developing? that of the retro teen mag article with lots of sensitivity reportage and descriptions of luxury problems of members of the privileged walks of life that are self-infantilizing themselves as victims of former teen heroes while actually facing a widening gulf between rich and poor everywhere which in their real lives makes them feel like traitors

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a new genre developing? that of the retro teen mag article with lots of sensitivity reportage and descriptions of luxury problems of members of the privileged walks of life that are self-infantilizing themselves as victims of former teen heroes while facing a widening gulf between rich and poor which makes them feel like traitors
Like it..... very profound at this time of night.

This is a witch hunt now. Leave him be.
The greats always get crucified.

:sleeping:

more coma inducing drivel from a ' journalist' that will be forgotten as soon as I hit Post Reply.

:cool:

Judging from his Twitter profile pic, he looks like just another anemic pansy intellectual wannabe, waving his limp wrist for The Left. Who the f*** cares.

I've disowned family for similar behavior. And they don't even have the platform to spread their assholism.

I've disowned family for similar behavior. And they don't even have the platform to spread their assholism.

So is Morrissey-Solo your platform to spread your asshole and talk out of it?

I don't only want Britain out of the EU - I want all nations out of it.
I want the whole corrupt institution scrapped and all nations autonomous.
Why would I want a distant, remote government run by bureaucrats in Brussels? I want government to be more local and catering for the real needs of people.

But most of all, in fact, I want all ex-Morrissey fans to stop boring people with their petty righteousness.

superfan?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom