Article: Josh from Smoking Popes and Nina of GIAC cover "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Wa

An anonymous person writes:

Check out Josh Caterer of Smoking Popes and Nina Diaz of Girl In A Coma covering Please Please Please last night at Webster Hall studio..they are on tour together. It was an amazing show! The video is at facebook.com/girlinacoma.​

Last edited:
2 amazing bands! Love it...this is what going to a show is all about, real raw talent...and 2 of Moz's favorite bands!

what is it with everyone and GIAC?? I live here in San Antonio and absolutely cannot stand them or her wretched voice!!! overrated indeed!!

Re: Article: Josh from Smoking Popes and Nina of GIAC cover "Please, Please, Please L

what is it with everyone and GIAC?? I live here in San Antonio and absolutely cannot stand them or her wretched voice!!! overrated indeed!!

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Re: Article: Josh from Smoking Popes and Nina of GIAC cover "Please, Please, Please L

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

and that is why you are nothing. Giac is opening doors in SA for aot of bands while you sit on yr sorry ass at home. Jealous much...i think so. You would never dare confront them in their face now would you? Just sit on the computer...lonely and pathetic.

I only like GIAC's cover of Selena and that's it. They butchered Joy Division. I saw Smoking Popes in Chicago a couple months ago, I find liking 6 out of every 10 songs. Very good live.

Giac albums are pretty fantastic. I liked the joy division cover. Haunting and beautiful

Oh wow!! Sitting on my computer doing nothing.. Pretty funny response.. Opening what doors in SA? There is absolutely no music scene whatsoever here..

Oh wow!! Sitting on my computer doing nothing.. Pretty funny response.. Opening what doors in SA? There is absolutely no music scene whatsoever here..

I'm from sa as well and there is a great supportive scene. Hacienda.Pinata Protest,Pop Pistol ...people doing something. Get the f*** out of San Sntonio if you don't support where yr free you f***ing geek.

have you ever seen them live? You sound like an idiot. They are absolutely amazing.

I'm from sa as well and there is a great supportive scene. Hacienda.Pinata Protest,Pop Pistol ...people doing something. Get the f*** out of San Sntonio if you don't support where yr free you f***ing geek.

Get out of San Antonio then. You don't support where you are from. They are an amzing band and have inspired and saved my daughters life. It's cowards like you that sit at home with a life going nowhere complaining online. You are a geek.

So not 'supporting' the SA music scene means I don't support where I'm from? Wrong!! I love this city and just because someone has a different opinion about GIAC doesn't mean the world will end.. You call me a coward? Are you not just as guilty for responding the way you have? "you are a geek"?

They didn't bring much new to the table with this one, but I'd drain my beer and quickly get another if this were in my bar room.

It did the trick for me @ 4:17 am.

So not 'supporting' the SA music scene means I don't support where I'm from? Wrong!! I love this city and just because someone has a different opinion about GIAC doesn't mean the world will end.. You call me a coward? Are you not just as guilty for responding the way you have? "you are a geek"?

Well I'm in San Antonio and a big part of the scene here. I'm pretty confident I know who you are. Yr the only SA hater of GIAC that also comes here to Morrissey-solo. When I see you next I have no problem confronting you in person. Or you can tell me time and place no problem. If you are who I think you are..then we have a mutual aquintance in Houston. Who thinks yr an idiot as well.

ahahahahha - ok, I thinkI'm being called out here as the person with the mutual acquaintance in Houston but sad to say I am not the one who posted the original post dissing GIAC....I moved to Tulsa two years ago so if this is the person who was at the 2007 Austin show with me and other assorted friends/frenemies/enemas then I hate to burst your bubble it wasn't me. You can still confront me whenever though. I actually thought this was a decent enough cover but I will agree that there is no SA music scene outside of their underrated metal scene....at least there wasn't two years ago maybe something has changed...

I really are gonna dislike this sorta newsitems, I mean it's OK
fellow musicans cover the Smiths/Morrissey...

but

most of the bands are pubbands and hardly known

it would be nice to mention if real musicans, like David Sylvian
or Gavin Friday [new album out], Elvis Costello, Paul Weller,
well you get the ideas, that kinda people cover it, it's worthy as
a newsitem,cause there are too much with bands, singer/f/m
who just do it, cause they hope it will give their carreer a flow

yeah, I know there were bands singfer f/m who're OK but many
I even ever heard of, in this case only the Smoking Popes cause they
were support band on a tour in another century, but I could be wrong about
the touryear

yeah, OK, I know lots will not agree, but is it's not criminal too
have a own opinion about a newsitem

:thumb:

Giac albums are pretty fantastic. I liked the joy division cover. Haunting and beautiful

I gave GIAC a try and no thank you...Ian Curtis is HAUNTING and BEAUTIFUL. Get it right...

I think GIAC is an underrated band. All three of their albums are pretty f***ing good. Ninas vocals are really really good. They actually have some good buzz going on. Plus a song in a Robert Rodriguez movie and are huge in the Latino community. I think the reason people here at morrissey solo are quick to diss is because they are alot different then what it is alot of people listen to here. Even Morrissey took GIAC out for awhile. Alot of respected bands such as Pogues, Social D, Tegan and Sara, Cyndi Lauper are fans. If you research them, they have accomplished alot. Yet they are an easy target for being female,latino,members who are gay and they arnt some skinny indie trendy band. I think what they are doing is really interesting and 10 yrs from now there will be a fansite just like this for them.

Well I'm in San Antonio and a big part of the scene here. I'm pretty confident I know who you are. Yr the only SA hater of GIAC that also comes here to Morrissey-solo. When I see you next I have no problem confronting you in person. Or you can tell me time and place no problem. If you are who I think you are..then we have a mutual aquintance in Houston. Who thinks yr an idiot as well.

You seem a right c***, you do realize that the person you were kickin off at wasn't the one who were saying shit about them, just isn't a fan. Get It Right. Idiot.

You seem a right c***, you do realize that the person you were kickin off at wasn't the one who were saying shit about them, just isn't a fan. Get It Right. Idiot.

I never said it was them. I said"if you are who I think you are " so you get it right. Anyway, whoever from sa has a problem with the sa music scene needs to get out more. Instead of bashing it on the computer. That's just signs of a pathetic coward.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom