Article: "Morrissey 25: Live" (DVD and Blu-ray - Oct. 21, 2013) release details, preorder at Records

Both DVD and Blu-ray - Recordstore.co.uk

Blu-ray details:

MORRISSEY 25 LIVE is a legacy concert film marking 25 years of the solo career of one of the world’s most iconic and enigmatic performers. Shot during Morrissey’s most intimate gig in decades at the Hollywood High School in Los Angeles on 2 March 2013, the film opens with fans talking about their unwavering devotion to the singer and the unique appeal of this unusual venue – a striking contrast to the sold out arena concert at the Staples Centre on the previous night. Tickets to the concert in the 1,800-seater school auditorium had sold out in 12 seconds and this now legendary concert became Morrissey’s penultimate performance on the US Tour before he was forced to cancel the remaining dates due to ill-health. The first authorised Morrissey film for nine years and featuring many classic tracks from the artist’s prolific repertoire, Morrissey 25: LIVE is an unmissable Blu-ray release for fans worldwide.

Bonus Features

Studio In Session: (1) The Kid’s A Looker (2) Scandinavia (3) Action Is My Middle Name (4) People Are The Same Everywhere / Behind The Scenes At Hollywood High / Grissle Bandage Present Lord Mudslide

Tracklisting

1) Alma Matters
2) Ouija Board, Ouija Board
3) Irish Blood, English Heart
4) You Have Killed Me
5) November Spawned A Monster
6) Maladjusted
7) Still Ill
8) People Are The Same Everywhere
9) Speedway
10) That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore
11) To Give (The Reason I Live)
12) Meat Is Murder
13) Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
14) Action Is My Middle Name
15) Everyday Is Like Sunday
16) I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris
17) Let Me Kiss You
18) The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

Screen Format: 16:9
Sound Formats: DTS-HD Master Audio, LPCM Stereo
Running Time: 116 mins approx.
Certificate: E
Region: Region Free
Subtitles: (Bonus Only) English, French, Spanish, German

morrissey-25-live.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Morrissey 25: Live" (DVD and Blu-ray - Oct. 21, 2013) release details, preorder at Rec

I really just wish that if Morrissey was going to do something to celebrate 25 years of his solo career, he'd release something that actually celebrates the richness, diversity and longevity of those years and not just you know release a concert he was already going to release anyways. Don't get me wrong, from what I hear the Hollywood High School gig was quite good and I am looking forward to seeing it released.

I'd just like to see something like maybe a box set with various concerts from throughout his career. Maybe include Wolverhampton, something from the Kill Uncle Tour (I know the obvious choice is the Live in Texas show that was a VHS, but I always thought his voice sounded a little weak on that one and the Hammersmith Odeon show was much stronger), something from the Boxers/Southpaw (I believe there was a VHS from this area already), and something from the post Quarry years (DARE I SAY THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL SHOW), and then maybe the BBC sessions of his new material. Hell, given that each of these shows are probably like an hour each it wouldn't even have to be a box set, but a single DVD.

He's just had such a diverse career and it's a lot of fun watching old concerts on youtube and seeing how different he was both in terms of his material and general appearance at different points.

Totally agree. He should release a Smiths special DVD and a Moz special. Smiths DVD could show footage of the recording of the albums and concert footage for each album and interviews from back then. Moz DVD could do something similar. Each DVD box set should have 2 or 3 discs each with running time of 90 minutes. Every fan would buy it. Another box set could be all tv appearances like top of the pops, Jools, Ross, US shows etc.

Re: Article: "Morrissey 25: Live" (DVD and Blu-ray - Oct. 21, 2013) release details, preorder at Rec

Totally agree. He should release a Smiths special DVD and a Moz special. Smiths DVD could show footage of the recording of the albums and concert footage for each album and interviews from back then. Moz DVD could do something similar. Each DVD box set should have 2 or 3 discs each with running time of 90 minutes. Every fan would buy it. Another box set could be all tv appearances like top of the pops, Jools, Ross, US shows etc.

Lovely idea. I don't know how hard it would be to get the clearances though. How about some proper Smiths album reissues, based on the Complete box, plus the few songs that were missed remastered too? Three discs, the first with the original album, a second with the associated b sides, sessions etc. all restored, and a DVD/BluRay with TV appearances and odds and sods from that albums era. Pie in the sky, probably, but worth a few moments dreaming.

Oh well there's always the Hipster Disco youtube channel. Now that should be put on Blue Ray.

Lovely idea. I don't know how hard it would be to get the clearances though. How about some proper Smiths album reissues, based on the Complete box, plus the few songs that were missed remastered too? Three discs, the first with the original album, a second with the associated b sides, sessions etc. all restored, and a DVD/BluRay with TV appearances and odds and sods from that albums era. Pie in the sky, probably, but worth a few moments dreaming.

While we are on wishes I also would like to see a 180 gram heavyweight vinyl boxset/reissue of Morrissey's solo catalogue. And not shit like the Kill Uncle one where he changes the cover, rearranges tracks but the original albums flawed or unflawed.

I wonder if he's going to release his autobiography soon? It seems an ideal time.

Oh well there's always the Hipster Disco youtube channel. Now that should be put on Blue Ray.

If the members of The Smiths could come to an agreement and release all the goodies Hipster Disco has, they could all retire quite comfortably! "The Lost Smiths" album was a real gem! And that sound-check from 1983 (I think it was) was very tasty!

Having done How Soon is Now? at the show would've made this more commercially viable.

If the members of The Smiths could come to an agreement and release all the goodies Hipster Disco has, they could all retire quite comfortably! "The Lost Smiths" album was a real gem! And that sound-check from 1983 (I think it was) was very tasty!

There's some good stuff from his solo career as well. There's a very cool concert from the Kill Uncle tour at Hammersmith that looks like it was filmed for Japanese TV and I remember being surprised by some of the strength of his shows from around the Boxers/Southpaw era (possibly again at Hammersmith?).

Obviously the Smiths stuff and his very early solo career (Viva Hate and Bona Drag) get all the attention, because they are lightyears away from...anything else ever really, but his 90s period is somewhat under appreciated sometimes I think.

Given that I don't think the Smiths are ever going to agree on anything I am thinking it's less of a pipe dream to wish the Moz would actually do something for his 25th that celebrated and represented his entire career. Don't get me wrong I am psyched for the Hollywood High School show, but it doesn't scream "Twenty-five years of Morrissey" to me the way a dvd box set with Morrissey concerts from the Kill Uncle, Your Arsenal, Boxers, Your Are the Quarry, and recent touring eras.

I, unlike some here, don't even mind his new stuff or his current band, but I do wish he'd acknowledge his full career a little bit more and cut some of his revisionist "this is my best stuff ever" stuff for awhile.

That would be nice. :)

some very good suggestions in this thread

loved the show from the kill uncle tour and IMO the Introducing Morrissey video shows moz at the peak of his powers - would buy if either were released

do you think any of the smiths are aware of Hipster Disco's youtube channel and its content??? again this relates back to the story a few weeks ago when johnny said he was stopped from releasing smiths rarities

moz needs to get his autobiography published

its worth adding for balance there are some very enjoyable bootlegs from the recent tour such as Brazil among others

Last edited:

some very good suggestions in this thread

loved the show from the kill uncle tour and IMO the Introducing Morrissey video shows moz at the peak of his powers - would buy if either were released

do you think any of the smiths are aware of Hipster Disco's youtube channel and its content??? again this relates back to the story a few weeks ago when johnny said he was stopped from releasing smiths rarities

moz needs to get his autobiography published

its worth adding for balance there are some very enjoyable bootlegs from the recent tour such as Brazil among others

Let's hope not because I am certain there are some major copyright issues going on. And without Hipster Disco I wouldn't be able to watch random Morrissey concerts from random points in his career whenever I wanted to. Which would be sad.

Let's hope not because I am certain there are some major copyright issues going on. And without Hipster Disco I wouldn't be able to watch random Morrissey concerts from random points in his career whenever I wanted to. Which would be sad.

True Nothing irks me more than having certain You Tube users in my subscriptions and then go to watch a video and POOF! gone. Will Saint Leger makes wonderful unofficial Smiths' videos using old movies (mostly old health class movies) which absolutely capture the feel of the songs. Enjoy them while you can. They shut him down once already.

Any decent box set release of old Morrissey concerts would be unviable on licensing costs grounds.

The best we can hope for is new concerts like this, or re-releases of previous releases.

Bump

Hope some of you are getting the DVD today. :)

Bump

Hope some of you are getting the DVD today. :)

It's getting released in New Zealand next Friday 8 November 2013. And my copy of the autobiography has still yet to arrive! Good grief we're a mile behind the whole bloody world. We've heard whispers in New Zealand that King George VI is dead. Is it true?

It's getting released in New Zealand next Friday 8 November 2013. And my copy of the autobiography has still yet to arrive! Good grief we're a mile behind the whole bloody world. We've heard whispers in New Zealand that King George VI is dead. Is it true?

Where have you ordered the book from?

IMO the Introducing Morrissey video shows moz at the peak of his powers.

Easily.

Tags
morissey 25 morrissey -solo the smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom