Article: "Morrissey Fansite Founder Responds to Alleged Threats" - Yahoo Music; Statement and TMZ Li

Re: DavidT speaks about threat

"because we all want the bull to survive"

Decided to waste the $5, nothing there.

Thanks for doing that.

I'm not surprised (again, assuming he didn't file somewhere else), but then I'm still questioning the veracity of the TMZ story itself. As far as I'm concerned, there's no evidence that a lawsuit has even been filed. I would also not be surprised if it turns out that this was nothing more than an attempt at extorting money, and that Steyn never had any intention of actually filing anything.

We just have to wait and see. We have nothing to go on except a few vaguely-sourced quotes on a tabloid website.

good god this is stupid and david sure makes it sound like he believes way more than he should or really does, or at least thats the way the article containing the statement was edited and presented. conspiracy to commit murder done on the spot after the venue security throws him out at the artists request, yeah right. im sure this is how someone goes about asking someone they barely know and have just recently hired, read giant public paper trail connection, to commit murder for them. sounds like the solid plan that morrissey would concoct. even if you dont believe the murder rap im sure morrissey and all of the other people in connection to the tour and alleged plot who go through nothing but trouble to not be sued for harm to fans says "hey can you rough him up personally in front of a bunch of people in line with cells everywhere please, i think thats a good idea." stupid to believe any of it.

I don't have a case, so there is no need. I just think it should be below a fan site to spread vile gossip.
Without the gossip, and with a bit of moderation on the abusive (and mostly anonymous) postings, this could actually be a great site.

I can't see what is vile in the Aids gossip.

Beware the Ides of Moz!

But seriously: I don't think there is any danger from Moz. Even IF he did say 'rough him up' (which I doubt) it doesn't mean he meant it. How many times do people say 'I'll kill you!' and of course they don't mean it. Then again I wouldn't say it to a paid underling, but I doubt if it was ever said in the first place.
My only worry would be that some brain addled spasm/nut job fan would decide David is a thorn in Moz's side, and must be removed. I'm sure there are a few out there. Anyway this whole topic is crazy. The idea of Moz wanting someone roughed up or killed sounds like a cheap storyline in Coronation Street. I hope Moz does not reply to the TMZ interview as there is no point adding fuel to the fire. Jaysuz we live in weird times.

How many times do people say 'I'll kill you!' and of course they don't mean it.

You will get arrested for saying that - at least in California. Also, there's a good reason that is an arrestable offense.

Does anyone have a video link for the on-air TMZ David T interview?

Thanks! I wonder if David has registered JustinBieber-solo.com yet.

You will get arrested for saying that - at least in California. Also, there's a good reason that is an arrestable offense.

I'm remember Barleycorn on this very site saying, apropos of Morrissey, that he hoped somebody would "Lennon the c***".

Hardly anybody seemed remotely concerned.

I grabbed them from Facebook. I think TMZ maybe putting it up later, I'd rather not steal their thunder. Or copyright.

P.
just watched it, good stuff, I especially got a chuckle when that stoner? dude asked if DT had some kind of physical run in with Moz :lbf:
oh and DT looks almost exactly like I remember he did more than a decade ago :straightface: frakkin Asians :p:o

No one's forcing you to listen to the record even once.. What a ridiculous statement. Just one of a seemingly infinite amount of ridiculous comments. Why don't you just go away?

By giving it six listens I was hoping its charms would become apparent. They didn't.

Some here, such as the time traveller Orson Swells, loved it before the recording sessions were booked. I, trapped in linear time, had to wait until hearing it. It is a very poor effort, from an artist now far better suited to internet outrages than song writing.

It is opinions like that down the years, mild criticism of a distinctly average album, that has led Morrissey to seek to silence free speech and its conduit, Morrissey-Solo. Morrissey appears to envision a world where his opinion is sacrosanct, and the conflicting views of others are censored. He can f*** right off. Morrisseyworld is the fifteen foot bubble he walks around in. His jurisdiction over the planet ends there.

For all the excuses the simple facts are songs from World Peace didn't get decent airplay because they aren't good enough, and it didn't sell well primarily because it isn't particularly great. Anything else is just an excuse. He decided to to lead off with something portentous and incisive, but only had the title track, which, sadly, is immature and moronic. Squeezing himself into a bursting tuxedo wasn't really going to help.

This morning What Difference Does It Make? came up on the old shuffle. Sigh. It was... wonderful. "All men have secrets and this is mine..." crooned that marvellous voice. For some reason Bradley Steyn came to my mind.

Thanks for doing that.

I'm not surprised (again, assuming he didn't file somewhere else), but then I'm still questioning the veracity of the TMZ story itself. As far as I'm concerned, there's no evidence that a lawsuit has even been filed. I would also not be surprised if it turns out that this was nothing more than an attempt at extorting money, and that Steyn never had any intention of actually filing anything.

We just have to wait and see. We have nothing to go on except a few vaguely-sourced quotes on a tabloid website.

So, this is it. The End.

By giving it six listens I was hoping its charms would become apparent. They didn't.

Some here, such as the time traveller Orson Swells, loved it before the recording sessions were booked. I, trapped in linear time, had to wait until hearing it. It is a very poor effort, from an artist now far better suited to internet outrages than song writing.

It is opinions like that down the years, mild criticism of a distinctly average album, that has led Morrissey to seek to silence free speech and its conduit, Morrissey-Solo. Morrissey appears to envision a world where his opinion is sacrosanct, and the conflicting views of others are censored. He can f*** right off. Morrisseyworld is the fifteen foot bubble he walks around in. His jurisdiction over the planet ends there.

For all the excuses the simple facts are songs from World Peace didn't get decent airplay because they aren't good enough, and it didn't sell well primarily because it isn't particularly great. Anything else is just an excuse. He decided to to lead off with something portentous and incisive, but only had the title track, which, sadly, is immature and moronic. Squeezing himself into a bursting tuxedo wasn't really going to help.

This morning What Difference Does It Make? came up on the old shuffle. Sigh. It was... wonderful. "All men have secrets and this is mine..." crooned that marvellous voice. For some reason Bradley Steyn came to my mind.

You seem to hate the man Morrissey so strongly that you cannot resist hating the music as well; e.g. you cannot seperate the two. Or dont want to.

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw you giving it 7/10 in one thread. I sort of respected you for that. It means by any rational criteria, of course, it's worth a healthy 1 or 2 extra points at least.

Some here, such as the time traveller Orson Swells, loved it before the recording sessions were booked. .

Sorry. Third time I've had to remind you of this, but I never stated I loved the record before I heard it. As I said before, you're either mistaking me for someone else, or (far more likely) you're lying for effect.

Of course, I am a time traveller in the sense that I move forward in time at a fairly constant rate of velocity. But that's about it. Now back to 1985 with you.

Last edited:

good god this is stupid and david sure makes it sound like he believes way more than he should or really does, or at least thats the way the article containing the statement was edited and presented. conspiracy to commit murder done on the spot after the venue security throws him out at the artists request, yeah right. im sure this is how someone goes about asking someone they barely know and have just recently hired, read giant public paper trail connection, to commit murder for them. sounds like the solid plan that morrissey would concoct. even if you dont believe the murder rap im sure morrissey and all of the other people in connection to the tour and alleged plot who go through nothing but trouble to not be sued for harm to fans says "hey can you rough him up personally in front of a bunch of people in line with cells everywhere please, i think thats a good idea." stupid to believe any of it.

David could be right to be a tad worried. I doubt he's worried much about Morrissey and more about a deluded Morrissey "fan". Some nut job that gets it in their head that they can win Morrissey's favor by bothering (or worse) David wouldn't be an unreasonable worry for him to have. People have done worse. You read reports of people who think celebrities have married them telepathically. They show up at their houses and harass them or break in. Some of Morrissey's fans believe that he talks to them in disguise on twitter and blog sites. He even sends signals to them during concerts and public appearances. Who know what really crazy people might believe. -MR

David could be right to be a tad worried. I doubt he's worried much about Morrissey and more about a deluded Morrissey "fan". Some nut job that gets it in their head that they can win Morrissey's favor by bothering (or worse) David wouldn't be an unreasonable worry for him to have. People have done worse. You read reports of people who think celebrities have married them telepathically. They show up at their houses and harass them or break in. Some of Morrissey's fans believe that he talks to them in disguise on twitter and blog sites. He even sends signals to them during concerts and public appearances. Who know what really crazy people might believe. -MR

Better watch out, David...Crystal Geezer isn't currently online. Time to go "in the wind"...

Very well said. Now, the likes of Orson will be come a bashing. Perhaps if they read this closely, they will see how valid your points are.

You seem to hate the man Morrissey so strongly that you cannot resist hating the music as well; e.g. you cannot seperate the two. Or dont want to.

True, and Barleycorn's hatred reached an all-time low when he sneakily made a parallel between Morrissey and Savile in the Humasexual thread. This was totally baseless and said more about Barleycorn himself than Morrissey.

"Morrissey is just another bitter old queen... His slow, painful death would delight me, and if there's any justice Brand, that dirty old pervert, who seems to spend most of his time bothering women a fraction of his age for sex, will do us all a favour and overdose. Nah, only joking. Wishing death on people is not nice, and anyone who means it must be deranged. Morrissey.

By the way, I read the other day that Gore Vidal insisted that he was referred to as "pansexual" rather than homosexual, which has echoes of the recent "humasexual" bullshit. The thing is recent evidence seems to point to the possibility Vidal might have been a paedophile.

Let's have some clarification from Morrissey of his true meaning of "humasexual", so we know exactly what he means. Are any humans off limits? It might also explain why he and Brand are so close and why the latter likes to dress as the Child Catcher. Answers please, Morrissey.

After all, we don't want another Savile, now, do we?"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom