Article: "Morrissey Fansite Founder Responds to Alleged Threats" - Yahoo Music; Statement and TMZ Li

Re: DavidT speaks about threat

When someone does something you think is reprehensible or distasteful, instead of thinking crumbs I'd never behave in such a horrid way, you appear to think, hello this gives me a license to follow suite without reproach! That's pretty f***ed up isn't it. You're basically saying Morrissey's nasty so its okay for me to be nasty.... Its pretty embarrassing stuff really. Especially since Morrissey does in with humour or heart felt motive either of which is clearly lost on you.

It reads to me like he's saying "Where was your incessant whining and outrage when Morrissey did it?"
Of course, it isn't a great shock that you would take a different meaning out of it considering your history (and most everyone else's here) of avoidance, unaccountability & blind hero-worship.

He probably is - a failed one. Hence the bitterness.

I was only quoting what you said. Strange how that seemed to anger you, but thanks for the textbook defensive reply anyway.The great thing about "World Peace..." is how it seems to annoy the Little Lord Barleycorns of this world. That alone justifies its existence. Now back to the dark place where it's always 1985. I hear Sade has a new single out.

Your problem is simple Orson. You've painted yourself into a corner with Morrissey. Now you have left any critical faculty you might once have had long behind, hence your avowed love of World Peace before it even came out. Once you go down that route you are no different to a nine year old with her favourite boy band. You end up criticising someone for saying something unpleasant about a singer who spills bile with nearly every single public utterance.

I'm entirely not sure Morrissey had you in mind when he embarked on his career. I think he would have had a different audience in mind. Something rather more sophisticated.

There are moments on World Peace that are OK, even quite good: that beautiful soaring synth on Staircase, a third of the lyrics on I'm Not A Man, ummm... there are others, but they escape me at the moment. The thing is for you even someone saying it is okay is heresy. You were a loss to the Spanish Inquisition, Orson.

Istanbul! Yeah, that has its moments. There you go! Happy now, Torquemada?

Your problem is simple Orson. You've painted yourself into a corner with Morrissey. Now you have left any critical faculty you might once have had long behind, hence your avowed love of World Peace before it even came out. Once you go down that route you are no different to a nine year old with her favourite boy band. You end up criticising someone for saying something unpleasant about a singer who spills bile with nearly every single public utterance.

I'm entirely not sure Morrissey had you in mind when he embarked on his career. I think he would have had a different audience in mind. Something rather more sophisticated.

There are moments on World Peace that are OK, even quite good: that beautiful soaring synth on Staircase, a third of the lyrics on I'm Not A Man, ummm... there are others, but they escape me at the moment. The thing is for you even someone saying it is okay is heresy. You were a loss to the Spanish Inquisition, Orson.

Istanbul! Yeah, that has its moments. There you go! Happy now, Torquemada?

Orson Swells, Joe Frady & Smiler?
476854_o.gif

It reads to me like he's saying "Where was your incessant whining and outrage when Morrissey did it?"
Of course, it isn't a great shock that you would take a different meaning out of it considering your history (and most everyone else's here) of avoidance, unaccountability & blind hero-worship.

Nope. Listen carefully. How is the apparent inconsistent "whining" relevant to how Johnny Barleycorn behaves. Johnny is in charge of himself. His behaviour is his own choice. When someone calls him on HIS behaviour his response is...... You didn't say that when Morrissey said this..... which is quite tragic. Why not just say, gosh can't you tell I'm joking or f*** off i sincerely do wish death on Morrissey and I don't care who knows it. Its like he's either got no balls or no brain. Perhaps he's got his brain were his balls should be and his balls.....nevermind.

Nope. Listen carefully. How is the apparent inconsistent "whining" relevant to how Johnny Barleycorn behaves. Johnny is in charge of himself. His behaviour is his own choice. When someone calls him on HIS behaviour his response is...... You didn't say that when Morrissey said this..... which is quite tragic. Why not just say, gosh can't you tell I'm joking or f*** off i sincerely do wish death on Morrissey and I don't care who knows it. Its like he's either got no balls or no brain. Perhaps he's got his brain were his balls should be and his balls.....nevermind.

What does this have to do with the hypocritical silence or absurd agreement concerning Morrissey's hateful views from the same people who are judging Barleycorn now? You're holding Barleycorn to a different standard solely because he isn't putting out records that you're a fan of...

When someone does something you think is reprehensible or distasteful, instead of thinking crumbs I'd never behave in such a horrid way, you appear to think, hello this gives me a license to follow suite without reproach! That's pretty f***ed up isn't it. You're basically saying Morrissey's nasty so its okay for me to be nasty.... Its pretty embarrassing stuff really. Especially since Morrissey does it with humour or heart felt motive either of which is clearly lost on you. Even then you rely on misquotes quotes out of context and completely made up quotes.

There was a recent Morrissey interview in which he said "I do not have to justify my own opinion." The music blog chap just let it pass, because, hey, Morrissey said it, and he doesn't want to lose the big interview now, does he? A proper mainstream journo, the sort Morrissey has studiously avoided for decades might well have pulled him up on that. Because it is mental.

Of all the things he has ever said I found that probably the most distasteful and disturbing. It tells you so much about the man. Here is someone who actively sought fame, cultivated an air of intellect, uses that fame to say outrageous things, seemingly to perpetuate that very fame, yet apparently feels he is completely untouchable. He isn't.

That isn't to say he doesn't have his uses. If by exhorting people not to vote the type of person who hangs on his every word does not vote, then of course he is doing the nation a service. That much is clear. Of course, when Orson puts his 'X' in the box he thinks he's signing his name, but that's another story.

That reminds me. My electoral registration form came in the post this morning.

But I didn't wish him a slow, painful death, did I? You merely imagined it. Read the paragraph again. Without moving your lips this time.

But I didn't wish him a slow, painful death, did I? You merely imagined it. Read the paragraph again. Without moving your lips this time.

perhaps you were misquoted or taken out of context.... isn't it terrible when that happens

Hahaha, this is all too sad, pathetic, and ultimately hilarious for words. The self-important garbage of the usual suspects has plumbed new depths. Everyone with a brain knows this is an anti-Morrissey site where tragic under-achievers vie for attention with their vile posts (the AIDS rumours, wishing death on Morrissey's mother, etc). The fact that DavidT was kicked out of a gig is both common knowledge and completely understandable. The idea that there's now a contract out on DavidT is beyond nonsensical and, as far as I'm concerned, can only have originated from one of the attention-whores on here as some f***ed-up form of revenge... Still, I'm sure it's helping to drive traffic to this sad site.

What does this have to do with the hypocritical silence or absurd agreement concerning Morrissey's hateful views from the same people who are judging Barleycorn now? You're holding Barleycorn to a different standard solely because he isn't putting out records that you're a fan of...

nope I already explained that, with those apparent Morrissey quotes you (often deliberately) miss the humour or the motive or the context and often the quotes are simply made up. Its the same standards being employed but with nuance given that one of those involved is an iconic cultural poet and the other an internet troll. (can you tell which is which?)

Here is an example.... Did Morrissey really in all seriousness call for Elton John to he beheaded. Do you actually think he really wanted his head literally on a plate or (gasp) was it just a joke to make a point.......?

Thanks for that. I lol'd at this comment:

I would go out tonight / but I'm not allowed to go in there.

As for all the rest - one shudders to unnecessarily weigh in on such a topic...

In defence of the man: I can love his music, as I do, when I do, regardless of what he says, really. He's not funded by citizen's taxes or any other disingenuous extortion that I'm aware of.

In defence of the site: It is relevant, even when many overachieving posters are not. In the wilderness phase, I scoured the site for every link to past articles I could find. A great resource for a fan wanting content.

In reference to everyone's personal safety: I wish the best of safe passage. Unless I don't. In which case, I couldn't say.

Hahaha, this is all too sad, pathetic, and ultimately hilarious for words. The self-important garbage of the usual suspects has plumbed new depths. Everyone with a brain knows this is an anti-Morrissey site where tragic under-achievers vie for attention with their vile posts (the AIDS rumours, wishing death on Morrissey's mother, etc). The fact that DavidT was kicked out of a gig is both common knowledge and completely understandable. The idea that there's now a contract out on DavidT is beyond nonsensical and, as far as I'm concerned, can only have originated from one of the attention-whores on here as some f***ed-up form of revenge... Still, I'm sure it's helping to drive traffic to this sad site.

Wait...what sick bastard wished death on Morrissey's mother?

perhaps you were misquoted or taken out of context.... isn't it terrible when that happens

"It wasn't because of two DJs in Australia that this woman took her own life, it was the pressure around her. I'm sure the Palace and Clarence House put maximum pressure on this poor receptionist and nurse, and of course that's kept away from the press. There is no blame so far placed on Kate Middleton, who was in the hospital - as far as I could see - for absolutely no reason. She feels no shame about the death of this woman. The arrogance of the British royals is staggering. Does she have a health condition? Is it anorexia or is it pregnancy?"

A misquote or out of context? There are other examples. That isn't even close to the worst.

Wait...what sick bastard wished death on Morrissey's mother?

Was it me?

After all, she was in the hospital - as far as I could see - for absolutely no reason.

Here is an example.... Did Morrissey really in all seriousness call for Elton John to he beheaded. Do you actually think he really wanted his head literally on a plate or (gasp) was it just a joke to make a point.......?

"Bring me the head of Elton John, which is one instance in which meat would not be murder, if it were served on a plate."

I suppose the best person to ask would be Elton John. If he found it funny, then fine, if he did not you could just claim he didn't have a sense of humour.

Dude it sounds like the Moz is biting the hand that feeds it, why attack you you're keeping his sorry name alive. I would take this site down and follow someone worthy of following not this douchebag. Morrissey was a great artist in 1985, not now.

"It wasn't because of two DJs in Australia that this woman took her own life, it was the pressure around her. I'm sure the Palace and Clarence House put maximum pressure on this poor receptionist and nurse, and of course that's kept away from the press. There is no blame so far placed on Kate Middleton, who was in the hospital - as far as I could see - for absolutely no reason. She feels no shame about the death of this woman. The arrogance of the British royals is staggering. Does she have a health condition? Is it anorexia or is it pregnancy?"

A misquote or out of context? There are other examples. That isn't even close to the worst.

Ha well done for jumping blindly to the defense of one of the most pampered over-privileged and protected people alive. It was a murky and awful tale wasn't it. Lets face it the woman would be alive if Kate had gone elsewhere. Was there pressure form Clarence house? I imagine they were not at all happy about the leak, do you think they really said "never mind every one makes mistakes". Do the family have a history of wielding their power ruthlessly and secretly?.... Oh wait yes they do..but lets not mention it because the DJ's can go hang....In fact no one at all should mention it even when its startlingly obvious

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom