Article: "Morrissey: Why I Think He Should Be Applauded For His Animal Rights Convictions" by Barry

Re: I win

I see no reason to give credence to your methodologies. It's a shame that Morrissey singing 'Meat Is Murder' for over 30 years hasn't led to Morrissey being 'super passionate' about animal rights rather than trolling the debate with his ludicrious concert histrionics. For whatever reason you refuse to acknowledge this.

best
BB

You are cancer and solo needs chemo.

If you attempt to call others out on 'ad hominem' attacks, you must expect others to note your liberal use of swear words and insults.

best
BB

I'm not calling you out on ad hominem attacks, I'm saying you LIED in order to support your theory. You set up that I asserted I was the Queen of ettiquette, I never claimed that. And regarding your insistence to play the hypocrite card until all our eyes bleed, PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE ON BAYESIAN INFERENCE AND STFU YOU ARE WASTING TIME. I'll paypal you the $51.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24646370

Last edited:

I'm concerned to read you are having another episode. I hope it passes without major drama.

best
BB

The only episodes I have are episodic supraventricular tachycardia induced by my AV node malformation and I'm giving up soda for lent so worry not your pretty little retard head.

I'm not calling you out on ad hominem attacks, I'm saying you LIED in order to support your theory. You set up that I asserted I was the Queen of ettiquette, I never claimed that. And regarding your insistence to play the hypocrite card until all our eyes bleed, PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE ON BAYESIAN INFERENCE AND STFU YOU ARE WASTING TIME. I'll paypal you the $51.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24646370

Oh dear, your symptoms are escalating rapidly. How do we get you to a place of safety, away from the temptations of your 'caps lock' key? You have now moved on from your delusion that you are the queen of etiquette and protocol to a more florid hallucination that you have medical expertise, specifically oncological prowess. You do not have the authority or credibility to tell me to 'STFU' and you are entirely deranged if you think I will follow any links to articles you have never read. I'm not 'playing the hypocrite card', I am calmly stating that Morrissey is a hypocrite for eating cheese whilst denouncing meat-eating. As you are also an inveterate Cheese-etarian, the depth of your venomous meltdowns on this topic are to be expected as you too, like Morrissey, struggle to banish the phantoms of cognitive dissonance. You claim to speak on behalf of some kind of group entity when you write 'all our eyes bleed'. This is also delusional. You speak for yourself and a few other barmpots who have clambered on your life-raft after I CAPsized The Cult Of Morrissey. I trust this further reply is helpful to you and wish you a speedy recovery from your latest cognitive predicament. You may find some positive affirmations from Louise Hay helpful to bring you back down to consensual reality.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

The only episodes I have are episodic supraventricular tachycardia induced by my AV node malformation and I'm giving up soda for lent so worry not your pretty little retard head.

You recently stated/claimed that you were an unmedicated schizophrenic. I am sorry to read of your vascular problems. I suggest your blood pressure would benefit from you retiring from your banal attempts to police my opinions. I note your use of 'retard' which seems to suggest you are either misrepresenting your mental health or have to add self-shaming to your other challenges. Either way I wish you well on your journey of recovery.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Arrogant and condescending...how quintessentially English ;)

Yes. I live in Downton Abbey.

best
BB

Well I know of three other people that have become vegetarian due to that song and two of us are now vegan. So if I can see a sampling like that just from my small social circle I see no reason to believe that many more wouldn't be the same. I've talked to quite a few fans at concerts over a number of years in a number of countries who have said the same thing. Sure I suspect a few may have been lying but for most I tended to believe were telling the truth. At the Auckland show he did a couple of years back I ended up chatting in line to a girl who must have been mid-teens and she was super passionate about animal rights and her vegan diet and her starting point for all of this was 'Meat is Murder.' It IS a song that has changed quite a few people's dietary choices but for whatever reason you refuse to acknowledge this.

My guess is that they would have become veg/vegan after any introduction to this alternative to flesh consumption, be it through Jeremy Bentham or Peter Singer. Probably not the hideous Ingrid Newkirk, however. Moz just got there first. They were already 'destined' to become abstainers.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. I live in Downton Abbey. best
BB

Upstairs or downstairs? :p

My guess is that they would have become veg/vegan after any introduction to this alternative to flesh consumption, be it through Jeremy Bentham or Peter Singer. Probably not the hideous Ingrid Newkirk, however. Moz just got there first. They were already 'destined' to become abstainers.

- - - Updated - - -

Downstairs during the day. Upstairs at night..... ;)

best
BB

"You Are The Fog"? LOL! No, I've switched off Morrissey's dry ice machine so his smoke and mirrors don't work anymore. His USP for his FMCG line of CDs and Gigs is 'outrage', particularly trolling animal rights issues. It's completely pointless as he has every gift he needs to reach an audience without such provocations and, indeed, would reach the much bigger audience he craves if he didn't repel Joe/Josie Six Pack with his outlandish and frankly ridiculous socio-political posturing.

As I've stated numerous times, I think he's an incredible singer, writes wonderful vocal melodies and mostly excellent to brilliant lyrics. However, he's also a profoundly disturbed human being. I think he's emblematic of the failure of the entire punk/post-punk project, alongside John Lydon. Popular music has been reduced to a 'lifestyle condiment' to sell either bling or rebellion, or both if it's the deeply confused Kanye West end of the spectrum. I find this topic fascinating because so many people of my generation have wasted their lives building 'rebel' images only to find that they were simply being played by post-capitalism. I have friends who *used* to earn a living from Recorded Sound. They are now reduced to hawking t-shirts and touring every toilet venue they can just to finish paying off the mortgage. They report that what was fun in their 20s is now an ordeal in their mid 50s. I am extremely fortunate in not having to traipse around in a van to sell t-shirts but shudder to think of what fate might have befallen me if I'd drank the pop-music Kool-Aid back in the day. I also think that 'fame' is probably the worst thing that can happen to a vulnerable person and Morrissey is Exhibit A for that argument.

It's also odd that Morrissey continues to rail against a model of the music industry that barely exists anymore. He never mentions pitiful streaming royalites from technology giants like YouTube,Spotify & Pandora, still insisting that there's a large pot of physical gold to mine from bricks'n'mortar music companies. And that he should be sharing it. As far as I can tell, his complaint is that he is not part of the 1% elite at the Grammys and BRITS. However, I've concluded he's just as ill-informed about music business economics as he is about the nuances of animal rights issues. He is no longer a 'real' pop star and he cannot stand it. I personally think 'fame' was a modernist concept that technology is destroying but that's a niche debate beyond this site. However, Morrissey is a particularly rewarding trigger to thinking about these topics and I'm not asking anyone else to join in!

"More and more, pop stars seem to exist solely online. And therefore they don’t really exist at all."

http://grantland.com/features/lady-gaga-katy-perry-eminem-justin-timberlake-beyonce-year-music/

I agree with you that many who bitterly complain about my musings on Morrissey on this forum should STFU and just listen to the music, enjoy the shows, and press 'erase' on the bits that disrupt the trance. Including my comments! It's really rather ridiculous that anyone continues to either read or argue with me if their only 'reason' for listening to Morrissey is to enjoy the music as part of whatever lifestyle/entertainment apparatus they feel is meaningful. Everyone who feels that way should just put me on Ignore. After all, if there's no point 'rationally' discussing him then there's no point commenting on this forum beyond expressing gratitude for the emotional states which his music triggers.

best
BB

Go shit in your mouth :)

Oh dear, your symptoms are escalating rapidly. How do we get you to a place of safety, away from the temptations of your 'caps lock' key? You have now moved on from your delusion that you are the queen of etiquette and protocol to a more florid hallucination that you have medical expertise, specifically oncological prowess. You do not have the authority or credibility to tell me to 'STFU' and you are entirely deranged if you think I will follow any links to articles you have never read. I'm not 'playing the hypocrite card', I am calmly stating that Morrissey is a hypocrite for eating cheese whilst denouncing meat-eating. As you are also an inveterate Cheese-etarian, the depth of your venomous meltdowns on this topic are to be expected as you too, like Morrissey, struggle to banish the phantoms of cognitive dissonance. You claim to speak on behalf of some kind of group entity when you write 'all our eyes bleed'. This is also delusional. You speak for yourself and a few other barmpots who have clambered on your life-raft after I CAPsized The Cult Of Morrissey. I trust this further reply is helpful to you and wish you a speedy recovery from your latest cognitive predicament. You may find some positive affirmations from Louise Hay helpful to bring you back down to consensual reality.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

You recently stated/claimed that you were an unmedicated schizophrenic. I am sorry to read of your vascular problems. I suggest your blood pressure would benefit from you retiring from your banal attempts to police my opinions. I note your use of 'retard' which seems to suggest you are either misrepresenting your mental health or have to add self-shaming to your other challenges. Either way I wish you well on your journey of recovery.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. I live in Downton Abbey.

best
BB

Fine. I can make you LA if you want? I can make your heart LA. Wanna blow up? Done. Schizo's on it.

Fine. I can make you LA if you want? I can make your heart LA. Wanna blow up? Done. Schizo's on it.

I'm glad you were seen promptly at the Emergency Room. Though I'm rather surprised you were let home, I am pleased that your are not considered a danger to yourself or others. It will take a few hours for the new medication to kick in,so be gentle with yourself. We are all sending you healing vibrations.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

And you know this how? As you say it's your guess. Not speaking for any of the others on a personal note I hadn't really considered animal cruelty or the process it took to get an animal on my plate until I listened to that song. It was a starting point for me and for many others. Now you can try and minimize that as much as you want but that was/has been my experience.

I see no reason to give credence to your methodologies. It's a shame that Morrissey singing 'Meat Is Murder' for over 30 years hasn't led to Morrissey being 'super passionate' about animal rights rather than trolling the debate with his ludicrious concert histrionics. For whatever reason you refuse to acknowledge this.

best
BB

Quite the opposite. If you actually read my original post on the subject I said the song 'Meat is Murder' has been a starting point for many vegans regardless of the potential hypocrisy of one of its co-authors Re, cheese. I was very specific about that.

I'm glad you were seen promptly at the Emergency Room. Though I'm rather surprised you were let home, I am pleased that your are not considered a danger to yourself or others. It will take a few hours for the new medication to kick in,so be gentle with yourself. We are all sending you healing vibrations.

best
BB

I am a danger to you if you don't stop this shtick.

This. "Retired" in his case really means "sickness benefit for mental defect."

Nope. Retired on a private income from investments, pension available at 60. Try again!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Quite the opposite. If you actually read my original post on the subject I said the song 'Meat is Murder' has been a starting point for many vegans regardless of the potential hypocrisy of one of its co-authors Re, cheese. I was very specific about that.

Still fixated by me? Join the queue.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Brummie is what Care In The Community has led to. Thanks Thatcher.

I'm not registered with a mental health professional. However, I am on codeine for an ankle injury from running. It's rather trippy.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

I am a danger to you if you don't stop this shtick.

These cravings for revenge and hostility probably come from frustration at failing to intimidate me with your swearing. You could always put me on Ignore and get on with your life.

best
BB

These cravings for revenge and hostility probably come from frustration at failing to intimidate me with your swearing. You could always put me on Ignore and get on with your life.

best
BB

I know the power of the psyche ignored. I suppose I could do that then throw a mirror up so your vitriol bites you and your investments back. Reflect what you are...you know, in case you don't know.

Back
Top Bottom