Article: "Morrissey: Why I Think He Should Be Applauded For His Animal Rights Convictions" by Barry

Well said MIDNITE and Charlie ! All dairy farms are NOT huge factories . The Smiths (Moz) took a stand with the Meat is Murder song that wasn't even sung about in the 1980s . Moz has kept this song in his line up when I have felt it sould have been retired years ago.

Re: Article: "Morrissey: Why I Think He Should Be Applauded For His Animal Rights Convictions" by Ba

"NME’s Facebook page were overwhelmingly negative, and worded with the sort of venom that only Morrissey can inspire: “I pay for a good night out not a lecture!” declared one person."

this is awful.

this angry person is in the same mood as one who interrupted him at concert in warsaw. i wonder why they come to his concert at all. expect from band to play their favourite smiths' songs? they can do this at their homes ANY time.

Morrissey trolls the animal rights debate and has done so for 3 decades. All that surprises me is how long it's taken for others to call him out on his bullshit. His paranoid behaviour in Warsaw shows exactly what he's like when he's confronted by protests: he turns into an authoritarian control freak. I can see why someone who's drunk and irritated by his Meat Is Murder nonsense would decide to go for some lulz at a show. Why not? He does it often enough with his ridiculous tantrums.

best
BB

Re: Article: "Morrissey: Why I Think He Should Be Applauded For His Animal Rights Convictions" by Ba

i think so they can like themselves. morrisseys talents are obvious and people like the way that liking his music reflects on them, they like the music as well, but not when it obviously clashes with what they and most of his audience probably dont agree with, being a veggie/vegan not a meat eater. its like, how can someone whos obviously intelligent/articulate disagree with me when im obviously intelligent as well. especially when they disagree loudly and constantly. a good example would be when crystal mentioned that people dont like being called fools or even the thought of maybe being called a fool. when a smart person does this whom you used in the past to reflect your own intelligence it creates angry love/hate conflicts that i believe are more to do with the fans version of how they see themselves rather than being made at a hardcore veggie/vegan so they go because morrisseys a great artist but when his artistry conflicts they just want him to be an entertainer. i love morrissey because hes honest but i mostly just want him to shut up about things i dont like etc is the internal conflict i feel a lot of his fans here and a few other places deal with. i mean all of morrisseys music contains lecture like ethical pieces, thats pretty integral to his music, so i think they do want lectures, just lectures they already agree with and want to hear.

Morrissey has absolutely no credibility in lecturing anybody about ethics, especially animal rights issues. He eats cheese, thus supports the economics of veal.
Morrissey's sermon on eating meat is pure nonsense and his cantankerous judgemental montage of dairy cows who die for his cheese only make his hypocrisy worse. He is a crank.
It's all a silly game. Morrissey brags about his supposed integrity. His fans lap it up thinking they reflect in his aura, whilst the average audience member with a brain sees through the nonsense and either laughs or heckles. I hope more people heckle 'going forward'. Imagine if Morrissey actually had any power? He needs to have his cheesy schlock-horror challenged with ridicule.

best
BB

You are trying to deflect the debate away from Morrissey's failure to live up to his own propaganda. If you eat cheese, you support veal. You may as well eat meat as cheese bleeds and veal is vile, therefore cheese is murder. Morrissey is a fraud on animal rights and has been for the last 30 years. It's just another silly slogan to throw into his fake radical mix whilst he rakes in cash at corporate arenas and sleeps in hotels that offer discounts to bull-fight fans. He's a bullshitter.

best
BB

There is no debate, and there can never be when you have such a stubbornly fixed position. You repeat the same unfounded crackpot anti-Moz mantras again and again and again and wrap up with an "I hope this assists you in understanding" type closer as if we are being presented with fact instead of just your opinion. It's all a bit zzzzzzzzzz...

Morrissey has absolutely no credibility in lecturing anybody about ethics, especially animal rights issues. He eats cheese, thus supports the economics of veal.
Morrissey's sermon on eating meat is pure nonsense and his cantankerous judgemental montage of dairy cows who die for his cheese only make his hypocrisy worse. He is a crank.
It's all a silly game. Morrissey brags about his supposed integrity. His fans lap it up thinking they reflect in his aura, whilst the average audience member with a brain sees through the nonsense and either laughs or heckles. I hope more people heckle 'going forward'. Imagine if Morrissey actually had any power? He needs to have his cheesy schlock-horror challenged with ridicule.

best
BB

eh i dont agree that you know anything and dont want you trying to by my savior from morrissey. i have no interest in trying to convince you otherwise

best
BB

The average audience member with a brain can think with their own brain and doesn't need you to lecture them. Morrissey deserves recognition for his work in animal activism because he has made a massive impact. You on the other hand deserve none as you've done f*** all bar whining on a website about somebody eating cheese. The only people who pay you any attention are meat eaters, says it all really.

Ummmmm...c***s are awesome. c***s are soft and warm and home. He wishes he were a c***. He's an armpit.

It's rather odd that you contribute to an atmosphere of casual misogyny by using the c word so casually. Just another issue for you to add to the already long list.

I fail to see why this word is necessary when discussing the art of Morrissey. Please keep on topic and if you want to post absurd ruminations you have a place in the off-topic PigSty.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

You bet your life morrissey should be congratulated and applauded on his animal rights issues and beliefs !

He is one of the worlds greatest animal rights activists.,.. his convictions cannot be shaken and his compassion and incredible empathy 4 these poor animals that are touchered by humans cannot be broken!

He is a man on a mission !!!!! :)

Even if he does eat cheese so what? he will probably make sure he obtains it from farms that treat there cattle with compassion and treat them with love and care ect

Im becoming a bit pissed of with reading all the nonsence about chesse and milk and how its murder ect!

Yes there is a disturbing level of cruelty within the dark secretive sinister world of the modern day mass produced dairy farming industry, yes, but not all dairy farms employ the same methods!!!
Some farms respect there goats and cows and treat them love and compassion and care!

Milk is not murder at all - in fact its the opposite, its the essence of life !
Its the most natural substance on earth , all mammalian infants on this planet (inculding humans) drink there mothers milk from birth !!!! In fact is essential !

Hes not born at the right time 2 be a rainbow child, but hes probably on a spiritual plane above this! :)

You know this is false. You know that male dairy calves are either shot at birth or put in dark cages and turned into veal. You know that no dairy cow lives a natural life and that their hormonal cycle is disrupted to ensure they continue to produce milk for their stolen babies. Are you employed by the dairy industry? Or, like Morrissey, do you listen to Meat Is Murder whilst eating cheese? If so, time to face the reality of your supposed 'animal welfare' vibe.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you turning this thread into your bullshit again?

There's summat wrong with you.

The thread title? Have you read it? I'm on topic. You're not.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

I think that if you weigh up what somebody does and ask if that person has had a positive effect or not then without doubt Morrissey has in this respect. Has he made the biggest difference that he can? I'd argue that he has.

For a person to knock him on his animal rights convictions I would argue that they would need to have had at least a better effect than Morrissey. If they haven't then, well, just shut up and try and make a difference yourself.:thumb:

He hasn't made any difference to your eating habits, has he? By embracing veganism I have saved many more animals for torture and slaughter than that ridiculous charlatan Morrissey who has their suffering flown around the world for his pleasure. He eats cheese. Cheese bleeds, therefore Milk Is Murder.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Well said MIDNITE and Charlie ! All dairy farms are NOT huge factories . The Smiths (Moz) took a stand with the Meat is Murder song that wasn't even sung about in the 1980s . Moz has kept this song in his line up when I have felt it sould have been retired years ago.

A field is a factory without a roof. All other species besides grass are erased to feed unnatural human-engineered species like cows, sheep and pigs. None of those occur in nature, they were genetically engineered from aurak, boars, etc. Morrissey took a stand against his own phobia about meat, blood, death and decay. It has very little to do with animal welfare. He's a crank.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

There is no debate, and there can never be when you have such a stubbornly fixed position. You repeat the same unfounded crackpot anti-Moz mantras again and again and again and wrap up with an "I hope this assists you in understanding" type closer as if we are being presented with fact instead of just your opinion. It's all a bit zzzzzzzzzz...

Stubbornly fixed position? What is 'Meat Is Murder' then? Morrissey has been repeating that crackpot mantra for 3 decades. It's still nonsense given that he eats cheese. Cheese bleeds, milk is murder, therefore Morrissey is a murderer in his own bizarre logic. I trust this assists you in understanding my position on this topic.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

The average audience member with a brain can think with their own brain and doesn't need you to lecture them. Morrissey deserves recognition for his work in animal activism because he has made a massive impact. You on the other hand deserve none as you've done f*** all bar whining on a website about somebody eating cheese. The only people who pay you any attention are meat eaters, says it all really.

The average audience member with a brain can think with their own brain and doesn't need MORRISSEY to lecture them.

What impact has he made? Some people have switched from eating meat to eating more eggs and cheese and fish. He can't have converted anyone to veganism because he's the epitome of an vegetarian hypocrite. I am on topic with the title of this thread. If you can't cope with that, find another thread.

best
BB

Re: Article: "Morrissey: Why I Think He Should Be Applauded For His Animal Righ

It's rather odd that you contribute to an atmosphere of casual misogyny by using the c word so casually. Just another issue for you to add to the already long list.

I fail to see why this word is necessary when discussing the art of Morrissey. Please keep on topic and if you want to post absurd ruminations you have a place in the off-topic PigSty.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

You know this is false. You know that male dairy calves are either shot at birth or put in dark cages and turned into veal. You know that no dairy cow lives a natural life and that their hormonal cycle is disrupted to ensure they continue to produce milk for their stolen babies. Are you employed by the dairy industry? Or, like Morrissey, do you listen to Meat Is Murder whilst eating cheese? If so, time to face the reality of your supposed 'animal welfare' vibe.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

The thread title? Have you read it? I'm on topic. You're not.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

He hasn't made any difference to your eating habits, has he? By embracing veganism I have saved many more animals for torture and slaughter than that ridiculous charlatan Morrissey who has their suffering flown around the world for his pleasure. He eats cheese. Cheese bleeds, therefore Milk Is Murder.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

A field is a factory without a roof. All other species besides grass are erased to feed unnatural human-engineered species like cows, sheep and pigs. None of those occur in nature, they were genetically engineered from aurak, boars, etc. Morrissey took a stand against his own phobia about meat, blood, death and decay. It has very little to do with animal welfare. He's a crank.

best
BB

If you really are a vegan you're doing your own bit but you've made f*** all difference elsewhere. My eating habits may well be as ethical as the ones you profess to have so I wouldn't go on the attack on that front.

So we've got you, who's doing precisely f*** all, or Morrissey that's led to thousands of people not eating animals which many of whom will have no doubt become vegan.

Let's put both of you on the scales and see who wins.

Here's a clue to the winner, it isn't you.

brummie is stating the obvious, moz is the ultimate troll. his activism is organized from five star hotels. activist. lol

Steven patrick morrissey............innovator,leader,thinker,doer,carer,a man who above all others in his peer group has had the courage of his convictions for over 3 decades,to do and say what is fundamentally right.
Where he leads....others follow.
A man who does not court "praise" from others.
A man who does not have to explain his actions to anyone,especially misguided,pseudo "intellectuals",whose very being seems to involve bile,spite,and negative spouts !!
I salute the man,and his principles !!!!!!
Keith.

best
BB

You are the troll. Until you physically see him eating dairy you have no proof. A photo from 2008 or a tour rider is not proof.

Steven patrick morrissey............innovator,leader,thinker,doer,carer,a man who above all others in his peer group has had the courage of his convictions for over 3 decades,to do and say what is fundamentally right.
A man who does not have to explain his actions to anyone,especially misguided,pseudo "intellectuals",whose very being seems to involve bile,spite,and negative spouts !!
Keith.

more and more simpatico go we mr moody blue, yes we do. on another note is keith like a common british name or something. dont know if you yourself are british but its like in almost every amis novel im reading and i cant tell if he just likes the name or knows a keith or if its just super common there. curious so i thought id ask.

Hello mate,i was born in liverpool {scouser born and bred}
aparently,keith is a gaelic name,originally from ireland and scotland,or so i'm told.
Many thanks for your enquiry though !!!
Best wishes,as always,
"scouse keith"

Hello mate,i was born in liverpool {scouser born and bred}
aparently,keith is a gaelic name,originally from ireland and scotland,or so i'm told.
Many thanks for your enquiry though !!!
Best wishes,as always,
"scouse keith"

cool. he talks about the scottish keiths in the pregnant widow but its in almost every book from like the first book through dead babies and just continues so i just thought id ask if it became common there where he was born or something such. ive never known any keiths in my life here so i was curious. never worry about a reply from me. my goal here is peasant talk with nice intelligent people and not to just make dueling statements at each other. i have no agenda aside from that and to maybe make people feel more comfortable by letting myself be laughed at like with then poetry thing. i really really dislike poetry a few exceptions aside and epics narrative poems are also cool at times but really it just seemed so weird to have no one sharing there work when it seemed obvious that people had talent and could be developing that artistry. people other than me seem so interested in it and seemed to be suited for it but no one shares and i thought that and that maybe it was just a bit of fear. again though no agenda other than just being nice and honest and being an example that its not so bad a thing to take chances and perhaps be laughed at. cheers (did i use that right)

Listen mate,i promise you,nobody is laughing at you !!!!!!!!
A million thanks for your reply.
Just do what we all do !!!!!!......keep posting and keep enjoying our wonderful site !!!!!! We are all equal on here !!!!!
And regarding mr morrissey......just "keep the faith !!!!!!!"
best wishes my friend !!!!!
You take care !!!!!
Keith.

I win

If you really are a vegan you're doing your own bit but you've made f*** all difference elsewhere. My eating habits may well be as ethical as the ones you profess to have so I wouldn't go on the attack on that front.

So we've got you, who's doing precisely f*** all, or Morrissey that's led to thousands of people not eating animals which many of whom will have no doubt become vegan.

Let's put both of you on the scales and see who wins.

Here's a clue to the winner, it isn't you.

I am a vegan. Your eating habits are as ethical as Morrissey's so he has no basis to go on any attack on that front. I've saved more animals than Morrissey. If the supposed thousands of people who don't eat animals because of Morrissey still eat milk, cheese or wear leather, then they've done as much as he has: nothing.

I win because I don't lecture other people whilst doing the things I'm lecturing them about. Unlike your crank cult leader Morrissey

I win. Suck it up.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

brummie is stating the obvious, moz is the ultimate troll. his activism is organized from five star hotels. activist. lol

5* hotels that offer 50% discounts to bullfight fans. You couldn't make it up.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Keith.

You are saluting a cult crank. He is full of bile, spite & bullshit.

best
BB

Last edited:

Listen mate,i promise you,nobody is laughing at you !!!!!!!!
A million thanks for your reply.
Just do what we all do !!!!!!......keep posting and keep enjoying our wonderful site !!!!!! We are all equal on here !!!!!
And regarding mr morrissey......just "keep the faith !!!!!!!"
best wishes my friend !!!!!
You take care !!!!!
Keith.

sounds cool and i shall continue

Re: I win

I am a vegan. Your eating habits are as ethical as Morrissey's so he has no basis to go on any attack on that front. I've saved more animals than Morrissey. If the supposed thousands of people who don't eat animals because of Morrissey still eat milk, cheese or wear leather, then they've done as much as he has: nothing.

I win because I don't lecture other people whilst doing the things I'm lecturing them about. Unlike your crank cult leader Morrissey

I wn. Suck it up.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

5* hotels that offer 50% discounts to bullfight fans. You couldn't make it up.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

You are saluting a cult crank. He is full of bile, spite & bullshit.

best
BB

So you know what I eat too? Wow, just wow.

You don't lecture people? hahaha, hahahaha, hahahahah, brilliant.

:crazy:

Re: I win

Brummie boy,whilst i appreciate your comments,and realise you have many valid points,what i cannot comprehend is your obsession with post after post of negativity towards an individual,on a site specifically designed for people who admire him.
Why have you so much anger,and blind hatred of him.
Has he done you harm personally ?.
Surely,even you must tire of your "cheese bleeds" rhetoric !!
The novelty has well and truely worn off,and i am sure that i speak for the vast majority on this site when i advise you to set up a "morrissey is a liar" website.........you never know....it may prove to be more popular than our own site ???? {but i very much doubt it}
my final point {i won't bore you any longer than i have to} is this......why did you join our "special little family" in the first place ?????
Best wishes,
keith.

You are the troll. Until you physically see him eating dairy you have no proof. A photo from 2008 or a tour rider is not proof.

He is the troll. And so are you. This is exactly the denialism one expects when a cult leader is exposed as a sham. A flight from reality, a demand for irrational levels of evidence. It's enough that he allows cheese on his rider as he is enabling animal abuse whether he eats it or just offers it to his band with pineapple on sticks. And the other proof is in the evil Cheese Goujons on his 'animal friendly' menu for his cult convention at the O2. We wil see what monstronsities are on the menu for his upcoming arena sermons.

best
BB

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom