Article: "Morrissey: Why I Think He Should Be Applauded For His Animal Rights Convictions" by Barry

Re: Article: "Morrissey: Why I Think He Should Be Applauded For His Animal Rights Convictions" by Ba

Have all the arenas on the latest tour officialy announced if they are going cheese-etarian for the night at the artists request yet ? I recall only a couple announced it so what of the others is there a chance they could be pulled last minute at the artists request ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Re: I win

I think you have just put forth the true issue at hand here...how far up the scale of meat vs. veg do we each choose to place ourselves. Like a timeline with meat and cheese eaters at the far left and those who completely refrain on the other.

I keep running the "right vs. wrong" argument in my head and I believe it is up to the individual to determine how they wish to conduct their lives even if there is disagreement. And if this disagreement leads to discussion or debate all the better because, at the very least, it helps one get a better understanding of the other's position.

I am a meat eater, I support a woman's right to choose regarding abortion, and the death penalty. These are my beliefs, and I do not feel "wrong" for having them. What I do think everyone can agree upon is that animals feel pain and no sane person could reasonably believe otherwise.

And this is where your 2,909 or so posts resonate clearly. ;) I do not espouse myself to be anything more than I am whereas Morrissey has been quite outspoken on the subject and appears to be able to talk the talk, but less able to walk the walk of his espoused beliefs. Much like a preacher preaching from the pulpit about being faithful to one's wife while having an affair with another woman himself.

You have been very reasonable about expressing your views towards those who are of a different mind, which is why I quite enjoy these discussions. Plus you have a very good sense of humor when it comes to those who choose to go up against you. That is an important quality to have in all aspects of life.

Thanks for that. However, I think we need to be careful to keep up with the tone, timbre and ethos of this site which is widely renowned for it's combative, indeed vituperative, *debates*. This is edging perilously close to a reasoned discussion which would bring the site into disrepute. I suggest we return to ad hominem attacks and sarcasm before we are both banned.

best
BB

I care about animal and human suffering. I think suffering, unfortunately, is a part of all life. A female suffers when she gives birth. We suffer with infection, fever, toothaches, disease, starvation, overcrowding, noise pollution, air pollution, loss, betrayal, heat stroke, menstrual cramps. There has always been suffering and always will be. Minimizing suffering must be the goal--not eradicating it entirely, which is unrealistic. There is no understanding nor enjoyment of pleasure without pain as its contrast. We must have lows in order to see the highs. Jmo.

You just don't care enough to put down that chicken wing :lbf:

I care about animal and human suffering. I think suffering, unfortunately, is a part of all life. A female suffers when she gives birth. We suffer with infection, fever, toothaches, disease, starvation, overcrowding, noise pollution, air pollution, loss, betrayal, heat stroke, menstrual cramps. There has always been suffering and always will be. Minimizing suffering must be the goal--not eradicating it entirely, which is unrealistic. There is no understanding nor enjoyment of pleasure without pain as its contrast. We must have lows in order to see the highs. Jmo.

This is the most idiotic thing I've read in days. Are you really equating the "suffering" of air pollution and menstrual cramps with factory farming?

This is the most idiotic thing I've read in days. Are you really equating the "suffering" of air pollution and menstrual cramps with factory farming?

You are a Cheese-etarian, like Morrissey. You are up to your neck in factory farming, as is Morrissey. I'd forget about trying to shame RB over her ethical eating choices as they involve less suffering than yours. Or Morrissey's. As for 'the most idiotic thing I've read in days', you routinely deliver the goods:

PF is LOTB for "sparrow," asshole. Please keep stuffing fake rubber ducky code down my throat and pay attention. You don't control the code, GOD does and you are not God.

best
BB

You are a Cheese-etarian, like Morrissey. You are up to your neck in factory farming, as is Morrissey. I'd forget about trying to shame RB over her ethical eating choices as they involve less suffering than yours. Or Morrissey's. As for 'the most idiotic thing I've read in days', you routinely deliver the goods:

I'm not trying to shame her over her eating choices, I'm trying to point out she is stupid. She draws stupid conclusions. She fights stupid battles. What she lacks in critical thinking skills she makes up for in posturing.

"Polemic?" Check. "Rational?" Check. "Ad Hominum?" Check.

It's hilarious, but in the sad way.

Last edited:
Re: Article: "Morrissey: Why I Think He Should Be Applauded For His Animal Rights Convictions" by Ba

[h=1]Dairy farming and Hinsa (Cruelty) - Should we as Jains consume milk products?[/h]

http://www.atmadharma.com/shastras/vegetarian_food_and_jain_conduct_eng_txt/vfjcmpmilk.html

Very informative. Everyone should read the facts posted there--eye-opening. Here are just a few tidbits:

Milk Facts
◦Length of milking time set to 3.5 minutes
◦Not every cow produces same amount of milk – some produce less others more but milking timings are same
◦When cow does not produce enough milk and the machine is still pumping – you can see cows blood coming out into the milk

Diet

•Once slaughtered the waste products (including bones) are used to create a product called “Protein”.
•This “Protein” is mixed in a ratio of 80% grain and 20% “Protein” and fed to the cows. Cows are born vegetarian but due to human exploitation, they are now not vegetarian!

Every Cow kept pregnant

◦Artificially inseminated
◦After delivery of calf the mother is given 2 months rest period before being made pregnant again - Continuous pregnancy means high milk production

After Birth
◦New born calf kept with mother for 2-3 days only because dairy cannot afford to have calf drink that milk
◦At separation time – mother is distressed so much that they try to attack the guy separating them – the cow senses that they are no longer going to see the calf. The cow cries – the voice that comes out, even though so many years have passed by, Pravinbhai can still hear that haunting voice!
◦We are separating calf from mother so that we can have milk, sweets etc. to enjoy
◦When calf is separated – the cow is so shocked that for 2-3 days it does not produce any milk. Shock is similar to that if someone has died!

What happens to the calf?
◦Used for veal meat industry. Veal is tender - a delicacy for meat eaters
◦How is calf treated to get large amount of veal on calf:
◾Calf is taken from mother and tied so it cannot move
◾The calf is fed an iron deficit diet
◾They are kept in the dark for 6 months without any sunlight

Last edited:

I'm not trying to shame her over her eating choices, I'm trying to point out she is stupid. She draws stupid conclusions. She fights stupid battles. What she lacks in critical thinking skills she makes up for in posturing.

"Polemic?" Check. "Rational?" Check. "Ad Hominem?" Check.

advice for today:

Don’t argue with stupid because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

p.s. :hug:

p.p.s. not hilarious, not sad but disgusting and deeply inhuman.

best
BB

So someone who eats meat and cheese means there is less suffering to animals than someone who doesn't eat meat but eats cheese.

'There's man you can't stand and he's stuck in your head.'

Morrissey-2915 (But please note this rapidly increasing total my soon change due to BB's devotion to the and only M.)

Brummie-0

Very informative. Everyone should read the facts posted there--eye-opening. Here are just a few tidbits:

Milk Facts
◦Not every cow produces same amount of milk – some produce less others more but milking timings are same
◦When cow does not produce enough milk and the machine is still pumping – you can see cows blood coming out into the milk

Diet

•Once slaughtered the waste products (including bones) are used to create a product called “Protein”.
•This “Protein” is mixed in a ratio of 80% grain and 20% “Protein” and fed to the cows. Cows are born vegetarian but due to human exploitation, they are now not vegetarian!

Every Cow kept pregnant

◦After delivery of calf the mother is given 2 months rest period before being made pregnant again - Continuous pregnancy means high milk production

After Birth
◦New born calf kept with mother for 2-3 days only because dairy cannot afford to have calf drink that milk
◦At separation time – mother is distressed so much that they try to attack the guy separating them – the cow senses that they are no longer going to see the calf. The cow cries – the voice that comes out, even though so many years have passed by, Pravinbhai can still hear that haunting voice!
◦We are separating calf from mother so that we can have milk, sweets etc. to enjoy
◦When calf is separated – the cow is so shocked that for 2-3 days it does not produce any milk. Shock is similar to that if someone has died!

Quoth the meat eater. You know, some days I think you are pretending to be smart with the same veracity I pretend to be dumb. Which must be exhausting. It's much easier and more fun to dumb it down.

Milk Facts

Diet

Every Cow kept pregnant

After Birth

Morrissey is very keen to foist on us loyal fans footage of how awful the meat industry is. If I could, I'd make him watch a similar film about the dairy industry. What a hypocrite.

advice for today:

Don’t argue with stupid because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

this is good advice and dont argue with insincerity should be another. also dont let others over exaggerate and define your position and let you fight to regain control of said definition for the whole argument. this is an old old trick. define terms and stances from the beginning.

as for 2-j, attacking the good someone does to get them to do all they can do is a poor position. as has been said all people are hypocrites including morrissey, hes just done more than most to not be and to do some tangible good for a cause some here believe in. thats what were applauding, not his being perfect or the total saint of the animal kingdom or some inhuman with his secret supow being his ability to always be right. i never saw anyone make that claim except those in detraction of him and his work for animal rights

this is good advice and dont argue with insincerity should be another. also dont let others over exaggerate and define your position and let you fight to regain control of said definition for the whole argument. this is an old old trick. define terms and stances from the beginning.

as for 2-j, attacking the good someone does to get them to do all they can do is a poor position. as has been said all people are hypocrites including morrissey, hes just done more than most to not be and to do some tangible good for a cause some here believe in. thats what were applauding, not his being perfect or the total saint of the animal kingdom or some inhuman with his secret supow being his ability to always be right. i never saw anyone make that claim except those in detraction of him and his work for animal rights

It's very easy for people who've never done anything to attack somebody who has had the balls to get up and take a stand. Sniping from behind a keyboard every day is the most cowardly form of cowardice. To quote Morrissey, if a fight broke out tonight, they'd be the first away because they're that type. All of them so f***ing perfect that they can throw stones all day at someone else. If they had anything about themselves they'd be embarrassed.

Most people don't try to make the World a better place but look out if you do.

"Polemic?" Check. "Rational?" Check. "Ad Hominum?" Check.

There's nothing wrong with polemics or rational thought, you'd certainly benefit from reigning in your ravings. As for 'ad hominem', you called me an 'asshole', yet think you can claim to be the queen of online etiquette and protocol in your very next comment. Perhaps you have short-term memory issues and do not even recall your mood swings and outbursts? Not that I care. Nobody need take you seriously on any subject as you are so inconsistent and capricious with your outbursts. It's hilarious but in the sad way.

best
BB

advice for today:

p.p.p.s When you write 'deeply inhuman' I cannot help but think of Morrissey's Group Libel of Chinese people by declaring them ' a sub-species'. I'd like to see him defend what happens to bull calves to produce his cheese in the context of his slander against 1.3 billion people.

best
BB

So someone who eats meat and cheese means there is less suffering to animals than someone who doesn't eat meat but eats cheese.

'There's man you can't stand and he's stuck in your head.'

Morrissey-2915 (But please note this rapidly increasing total my soon change due to BB's devotion to the and only M.)

Brummie-0

RB doesn't stand on stage denouncing random strangers as guilty of 'murder'. She has clearly stated she minimises her intake of animal products and is mindful of issues of animal cruelty and welfare whilst exercising her right to regard them as a food source. Morrissey, in contrast, has no such coherent rationale for his behaviour. We would need to know how much cheese and dairy they both eat to quantify whose diet causes more suffering to animals. The real difference is that RB sees the issues clearly, does not run away from the ethical issues posed and doesn't hypocritically denounce other users of animal products as guilty of 'murder' whilst being equally implicated in the assumed crimes. I trust this further reply is helpful to you in clarifying these issues.

best
BB

It's very easy for people who've never done anything to attack somebody who has had the balls to get up and take a stand. Sniping from behind a keyboard every day is the most cowardly form of cowardice. To quote Morrissey, if a fight broke out tonight, they'd be the first away because they're that type. All of them so f***ing perfect that they can throw stones all day at someone else. If they had anything about themselves they'd be embarrassed.

Most people don't try to make the World a better place but look out if you do.

:)

Posting online is really a social activity - it's a good way to meet like-minded souls and have some fun (if you're a nut, it's a good way to rile up strangers). That's about it.

The best way to actually make the world a better place is to organize politically, or start a boycott campaign, or write a book, or (at the very least) to donate to organizations who fight for social change. Or you could sing a song that makes people stop and think (one of the rarest of accomplishments).

Everything else is simply hot air.

Quoth the meat eater. You know, some days I think you are pretending to be smart with the same veracity I pretend to be dumb. Which must be exhausting. It's much easier and more fun to dumb it down.

You weird it out so it's incomprehensible then claim others just don't understand your worldview/illness enough to grasp the *wisdom* of your supposed insights. You manage to be both dumb and weird at the same time yet expect others to endlessly try to decode your nonsense. There's amusement value in scanning your posts but no more than listening to someone stoned explaining how much they suddenly 'get' dub and reggae.

best
BB

There's nothing wrong with polemics or rational thought, you'd certainly benefit from reigning in your ravings. As for 'ad hominem', you called me an 'asshole', yet think you can claim to be the queen of online etiquette and protocol in your very next comment. Perhaps you have short-term memory issues and do not even recall your mood swings and outbursts? Not that I care. Nobody need take you seriously on any subject as you are so inconsistent and capricious with your outbursts. It's hilarious but in the sad way.

best
BB

agreed, after the sheer amount of stupidity that cg has posted, for her to call someone stupid is almost a compliment.

Morrissey is very keen to foist on us loyal fans footage of how awful the meat industry is. If I could, I'd make him watch a similar film about the dairy industry. What a hypocrite.

You don't need to think about 'could'. The footage he uses to lambast meat-eaters contains scenes of dairy suffering. He is ululating about the horrors of meat whilst digesting cheese he ate backstage. Cheese which was produced by raping the heffers and stealing the milk of the bull calves which.....are shown during 'Meat Is Murder'. The depths of delusion are fascinating to observe. In some mid-brain he knows he's being a total hypocrite. I assume that's why he's been plagued by depression for decades as his lifestyle isn't congruent with his professed beliefs. The pain in his singing voice during 'Meat Is Murder' isn't sincerity, it's cognitive dissonance throttled by inchoate emotion. One day he'll have a total breakdown when he realises he's both wasted his life and made an utter fool of himself. Which will also be fascinating to observe as a paying customer.

best
BB

Back
Top Bottom