Article: "Morrissey: Why I Think He Should Be Applauded For His Animal Rights Convictions" by Barry

Re: I win

this is good advice and dont argue with insincerity should be another. also dont let others over exaggerate and define your position and let you fight to regain control of said definition for the whole argument. this is an old old trick. define terms and stances from the beginning.

as for 2-j, attacking the good someone does to get them to do all they can do is a poor position. as has been said all people are hypocrites including morrissey, hes just done more than most to not be and to do some tangible good for a cause some here believe in. thats what were applauding, not his being perfect or the total saint of the animal kingdom or some inhuman with his secret supow being his ability to always be right. i never saw anyone make that claim except those in detraction of him and his work for animal rights

I am assuming that English is not your preferred language? What cause do you believe in? Cheese-etarianism? The rape of dairy heffers? The torture and slaughter of male dairy calves? What tangible good has Morrissey done by obfuscating endlessly about the reality of milk and cheese? Music is now no more than a 'lifestyle condiment' and his bogus 'animal rights' schtick is just a bit of fake rebel yell 'spice' to add to the mix. Nobody with basic logic and reasoning skills would take his claims seriously, hence the mutual devotion between this clown and his equally delusional fan-base. The audience beyond The List and the first 10 rows are not fooled by this sophistry.

best
BB

It's very easy for people who've never done anything to attack somebody who has had the balls to get up and take a stand. Sniping from behind a keyboard every day is the most cowardly form of cowardice. To quote Morrissey, if a fight broke out tonight, they'd be the first away because they're that type. All of them so f***ing perfect that they can throw stones all day at someone else. If they had anything about themselves they'd be embarrassed.

Most people don't try to make the World a better place but look out if you do.

Morrissey snipes from behind a keyboard at TTY. The only 'stand' he made was to position himself as a fake 'rebel' on animal rights with his USP claim that 'Meat Is Murder' whilst ignoring his Cheese-etarian torture/slaughter ideology. Morrissey regards himself as having the moral authority to label the behaviour of meat-eaters as 'murder' whilst engaging in equally ethically troubling behaviour. His 'fans' cannot reconcile the bad faith and hypocrisy so retreat behind magical thinking. This is classic cult behaviour once the core beliefs of the sect are challenged in a way that cannot be rebuffed. I've really enjoyed bringing this particular alabaster clown crashing down. Morrissey hasn't affected your diet, you recently claimed to only care about the music, so your defence of him in these terms is particularly risible.

I trust I'm near the end of today's correspondence with the cult casualties as this topic thread is on an iterative loop. It's not a discussion, not even a fractious debate, just the usual suspects insisting on the sanctity of the cult of Morrissey.

best
BB

:)

Posting online is really a social activity - it's a good way to meet like-minded souls and have some fun (if you're a nut, it's a good way to rile up strangers). That's about it.

The best way to actually make the world a better place is to organize politically, or start a boycott campaign, or write a book, or (at the very least) to donate to organizations who fight for social change. Or you could sing a song that makes people stop and think (one of the rarest of accomplishments).

Everything else is simply hot air.

If the song you are singing is 'Meat Is Murder' then it's just hot air if your belly's full of torture/slaughter cheese. Yes, the Sex Pistols sang 'God Save The Queen' and we're now free from hereditary monarchy....WAIT! What British Republican groups is Morrissey publicly affiliated with? None. What animal rights groups? PETA. Who denounce Cheese-etarianism except when they're talking about Morrissey then they can't kiss his arse enough to ignore the uncomfortable truths of his diet after 3 decades of 'animal rights activism'.

Songs may briefly make people stop and think but only those who have wasted their adult lives invested in the myth of 'popular music as revolutionary praxis' would still make the claim that it's anything beyond commerce. I suspect that a significant proportion of Morrissey's core cult fans have also wasted their best years on similarly bogus 'rebellious' art. Morrissey, like many others, has invested in the myth of his own rebellion and parades his circus to various arenas at £50 a ticket so everybody can applaud his Radical Chic.

He donated to an anti-racist group when his career was circling the drain due to him trolling the immigration debate in the UK. That same organisation publicly denounced him over his slander of Chinese people as a 'sub-species'. I wonder what % of Morrissey's multi-millionaire profits as a capitalist music entrepreneur have been donated to organisations fighting for social change? And I wonder if Morrissey is a British Tax Payer or has his financial affairs under the secrecy of Swiss Banking Laws like, apparently, David Bowie. It would certainly set in context his mithering about The BRITS music awards.

Perhaps it's time for Morrissey to stop and think before making his next clownish hot air utterance. Not that I care as I find his side-career as a woeful stand-up comic particularly amusing and engaging.

Online forums are no more significant than Sudoku,though there is the dopamine LOL of some 'nutter' strangers choosing to stalk your opinions rather than just ignore you. But if it helps them through their cognitive fog, what's the harm in pandering to their pathologies?

best
BB

Last edited:

If the song you are singing is 'Meat Is Murder' then it's just hot air if your belly's full of torture/slaughter cheese. Yes, the Sex Pistols sang 'God Save The Queen' and we're no free from hereditary monarchy....WAIT! What British Republican groups is Morrissey publicly affiliated with? None. What animal rights groups? PETA. Who denounce Cheese-etarianism except when they're talking about Morrissey then they can't kiss his arse enough to ignore the uncomfortable truths of his diet after 3 decades of 'animal rights activism'.

:rolleyes:

Songs may briefly make people stop and think but only those who have wasted their adult lives invested in the myth of 'popular music as revolutionary praxis' would still make the claim that it's anything beyond commerce. I suspect that a significant proportion of Morrissey's core cult fans have also wasted their best years on similarly bogus 'rebellious' art. Morrissey, like many others, has invested in the myth of his own rebellion and parades his circus to various arenas at £50 a ticket so everybody can applaud his Radical Chic.

I'm deeply involved in show business and the media, and I agree that most of it is bullshit; I also agree that the art world is even worse - a seething den of vipers. However, the best art and music has inspired me, and has shaped and changed my life. Art can be transformative.

He donated to an anti-racist group when his career was circling the drain due to him trolling the immigration debate in the UK. That same organisation publicly denounced him over his slander of Chinese people as a 'sub-species'. I wonder what % of Morrissey's multi-millionaire profits as a capitalist music entrepreneur have been donated to organisations fighting for social change? And I wonder if Morrissey is a British Tax Payer or has his financial affairs under the secrecy of Swiss Banking Laws like, apparently, David Bowie. It would certainly set in context his mithering about The BRITS music awards.

I also wonder how much he gives to animal rights organizations. I hope it is a significant amount. No one knows.

Perhaps it's time for Morrissey to stop and think before making his next clownish hot air utterance. Not that I care as I find his side-career as a woeful stand-up comic particularly amusing and engaging.

I agree: Morrissey should think before he speaks.

Online forums are no more significant than Sudoku,though there is the dopamine LOL of some 'nutter' strangers choosing to stalk your opinions rather than just ignore you. But if it helps them through their cognitive fog, what's the harm in pandering to their pathologies?

There's your (willful) cognitive disconnect: you are the fog. Most Morrissey fans I know (including folks I've met on this forum) are fully aware of the man's weaknesses and his moral inconsistencies. It doesn't really matter: he's one of a kind, and our enjoyment of his music resides in a place beyond rationality (as it should).

All this endless bloviating can be summed up thusly (taken nearly-verbatim from some recent online comment section): "The man's an asshat, but his music is timeless." That's all there is to it.

:)

Posting online is really a social activity - it's a good way to meet like-minded souls and have some fun (if you're a nut, it's a good way to rile up strangers). That's about it.

It is exactly this. This is why I am here to discuss all things Morrissey. I continue to enjoy posts by yourself, RB, BB, Charlie, bhops, and so many more posters that have very interesting opinions.

Aztec Camera comes to mind ;)

There's nothing wrong with polemics or rational thought, you'd certainly benefit from reigning in your ravings. As for 'ad hominem', you called me an 'asshole', yet think you can claim to be the queen of online etiquette and protocol in your very next comment. Perhaps you have short-term memory issues and do not even recall your mood swings and outbursts? Not that I care. Nobody need take you seriously on any subject as you are so inconsistent and capricious with your outbursts. It's hilarious but in the sad way.

best
BB

I never claimed to be the queen of online etiquette. Now you're just making shit up.

All this endless bloviating can be summed up thusly (taken nearly-verbatim from some recent online comment section): "The man's an asshat, but his music is timeless." That's all there is to it.

Thanks for turning me to Google yet again. My vocabulary is expanding exponentially. :)

:clap:

:rolleyes:

I'm deeply involved in show business and the media, and I agree that most of it is bullshit; I also agree that the art world is even worse - a seething den of vipers. However, the best art and music has inspired me, and has shaped and changed my life. Art can be transformative.

I also wonder how much he gives to animal rights organizations. I hope it is a significant amount. No one knows.

I agree: Morrissey should think before he speaks.

There's your (willful) cognitive disconnect: you are the fog. Most Morrissey fans I know (including folks I've met on this forum) are fully aware of the man's weaknesses and his moral inconsistencies. It doesn't really matter: he's one of a kind, and our enjoyment of his music resides in a place beyond rationality (as it should).

"You Are The Fog"? LOL! No, I've switched off Morrissey's dry ice machine so his smoke and mirrors don't work anymore. His USP for his FMCG line of CDs and Gigs is 'outrage', particularly trolling animal rights issues. It's completely pointless as he has every gift he needs to reach an audience without such provocations and, indeed, would reach the much bigger audience he craves if he didn't repel Joe/Josie Six Pack with his outlandish and frankly ridiculous socio-political posturing.

As I've stated numerous times, I think he's an incredible singer, writes wonderful vocal melodies and mostly excellent to brilliant lyrics. However, he's also a profoundly disturbed human being. I think he's emblematic of the failure of the entire punk/post-punk project, alongside John Lydon. Popular music has been reduced to a 'lifestyle condiment' to sell either bling or rebellion, or both if it's the deeply confused Kanye West end of the spectrum. I find this topic fascinating because so many people of my generation have wasted their lives building 'rebel' images only to find that they were simply being played by post-capitalism. I have friends who *used* to earn a living from Recorded Sound. They are now reduced to hawking t-shirts and touring every toilet venue they can just to finish paying off the mortgage. They report that what was fun in their 20s is now an ordeal in their mid 50s. I am extremely fortunate in not having to traipse around in a van to sell t-shirts but shudder to think of what fate might have befallen me if I'd drank the pop-music Kool-Aid back in the day. I also think that 'fame' is probably the worst thing that can happen to a vulnerable person and Morrissey is Exhibit A for that argument.

It's also odd that Morrissey continues to rail against a model of the music industry that barely exists anymore. He never mentions pitiful streaming royalites from technology giants like YouTube,Spotify & Pandora, still insisting that there's a large pot of physical gold to mine from bricks'n'mortar music companies. And that he should be sharing it. As far as I can tell, his complaint is that he is not part of the 1% elite at the Grammys and BRITS. However, I've concluded he's just as ill-informed about music business economics as he is about the nuances of animal rights issues. He is no longer a 'real' pop star and he cannot stand it. I personally think 'fame' was a modernist concept that technology is destroying but that's a niche debate beyond this site. However, Morrissey is a particularly rewarding trigger to thinking about these topics and I'm not asking anyone else to join in!

"More and more, pop stars seem to exist solely online. And therefore they don’t really exist at all."

http://grantland.com/features/lady-gaga-katy-perry-eminem-justin-timberlake-beyonce-year-music/

I agree with you that many who bitterly complain about my musings on Morrissey on this forum should STFU and just listen to the music, enjoy the shows, and press 'erase' on the bits that disrupt the trance. Including my comments! It's really rather ridiculous that anyone continues to either read or argue with me if their only 'reason' for listening to Morrissey is to enjoy the music as part of whatever lifestyle/entertainment apparatus they feel is meaningful. Everyone who feels that way should just put me on Ignore. After all, if there's no point 'rationally' discussing him then there's no point commenting on this forum beyond expressing gratitude for the emotional states which his music triggers.

best
BB

Last edited:

As I've stated numerous times, I think he's an incredible singer, writes wonderful vocal melodies and mostly excellent to brilliant lyrics. However, he's also a profoundly disturbed human being. I think he's emblematic of the failure of the entire punk/post-punk project, alongside John Lydon. Popular music has been reduced to a 'lifestyle condiment' to sell either bling or rebellion, or both if it's the deeply confused Kanye West end of the spectrum. I find this topic fascinating because so many people of my generation have wasted their lives building 'rebel' images only to find that they were simply being played by post-capitalism. I have friends who *used* to earn a living from Recorded Sound. They are now reduced to hawking t-shirts and touring every toilet venue they can just to finish paying off the mortgage. They report that what was fun in their 20s is now an ordeal in their mid 50s. I am extremely fortunate in not having to traipse around in a van to sell t-shirts but shudder to think of what fate might have befallen me if I'd drank the pop-music Kool-Aid back in the day.

Now that is actually an interesting topic of conversation. I was an artistic, shit-kicking punk and (like everyone else) I discovered that you cannot really change the world that way. I did, however, succeed on a wholly-unforeseen level by working with the corporate media (albeit with an "indie" company). While there I managed to turn the spotlight on a few of my more outrageous, subversive icons, and one of them did accuse me of "selling out." What he did not understand is that yelling to a room-full of believers for 30 years will only get you so far; being beamed into the living rooms of millions of Americans will get you much, much farther (he quickly saw the light and apologized). Yes the "message" is watered-down by the medium, but you get to connect with more people, and they can take it from there. It's a deal with the devil to be sure, and if you are smart (and lucky) you can make it work for you and still succeed on a meaningful level.

Money does not negate artistic success, but it does eventually stunt the process.

I also think that 'fame' is probably the worst thing that can happen to a vulnerable person and Morrissey is Exhibit A for that argument.

You have hit the nail on the head BB! Fame is a poison, the effects of which cannot be understood from the outside. The more sensitive you are, the worse it is. I know a bit more about Morrissey's experience than the casual onlooker, and I can tell all and sundry that even a modicum of fame is explosive; being deified while living is a burden that no sane person can bear. In Morrissey's case he never had the skills to effectively cope (with often disastrous results).

Morrissey is not thriving, and his job is impossible: I do not envy him, and ultimately I have sympathy for him.

It's also odd that Morrissey continues to rail against a model of the music industry that barely exists anymore. He never mentions pitiful streaming royalites from technology giants like YouTube,Spotify & Pandora, still insisting that there's a large pot of physical gold to mine from bricks'n'mortar music companies. And that he should be sharing it. As far as I can tell, his complaint is that he is not part of the 1% elite at the Grammys and BRITS. However, I've concluded he's just as ill-informed about music business economics as he is about the nuances of animal rights issues. He is no longer a 'real' pop star and he cannot stand it. I personally think 'fame' was a modernist concept that technology is destroying but that's a niche debate beyond this site. However, Morrissey is a particularly rewarding trigger to thinking about these topics and I'm not asking anyone else to join in!

You mentioned Morrissey and Johnny Lydon: they have more in common than you may think. Mr. Lydon has the exact same complaints as Morrissey, but he's a bit more savvy about expressing them. Morrissey just missed the mainstream, and his "failure" was in part of his own making. Lydon was actually always farther from that kind of success. And yes - Morrissey is the greatest case-in-point that I can think of for contemplating artistic success, personal failure, and the terrible toll that the spotlight can take on even the strongest personality.

I agree with you that many who bitterly complain about my musings on Morrissey on this forum should STFU and just listen to the music, enjoy the shows, and press 'erase' on the bits that disrupt the trance. Including my comments! It's really rather ridiculous that anyone continues to either read or argue with me if their only 'reason' for listening to Morrissey is to enjoy the music as part of whatever lifestyle/entertainment apparatus they feel is meaningful. Everyone who feels that way should just put me on Ignore. After all, if there's no point 'rationally' discussing him then there's no point commenting on this forum beyond expressing gratitude for the emotional states which his music triggers.

You should talk sense more often. :)

Last edited:

Morrissey snipes from behind a keyboard at TTY. The only 'stand' he made was to position himself as a fake 'rebel' on animal rights with his USP claim that 'Meat Is Murder' whilst ignoring his Cheese-etarian torture/slaughter ideology. Morrissey regards himself as having the moral authority to label the behaviour of meat-eaters as 'murder' whilst engaging in equally ethically troubling behaviour. His 'fans' cannot reconcile the bad faith and hypocrisy so retreat behind magical thinking. This is classic cult behaviour once the core beliefs of the sect are challenged in a way that cannot be rebuffed. I've really enjoyed bringing this particular alabaster clown crashing down. Morrissey hasn't affected your diet, you recently claimed to only care about the music, so your defence of him in these terms is particularly risible.

I trust I'm near the end of today's correspondence with the cult casualties as this topic thread is on an iterative loop. It's not a discussion, not even a fractious debate, just the usual suspects insisting on the sanctity of the cult of Morrissey.

best
BB

2,930-0

Due to the length of some of his recent posts and the amount of time he spent constructing them I might have to give Morrissey some double points.

I particularly liked this quip:

"Online forums are no more significant than Sudoku" From his own words, yet there he is, busy fingers typing away, day after day after day................

I do think someone should hold some type on e-party for him when the poor chap pops his 3k mark.

Oh and as to the topic of this thread. 'Meat is Murder' has lead many people, fans and even non-fans to look further into animal rights and vegetarianism. And I think it's fair to say this has in turn led to many of them turning fully vegan. Regardless of the inconsistencies of Morrissey's personal stance (is he vegan, is he not?) this song in particular has played an important role for many people to rethink their diet. Therefore a win for the animals! Has it changed the world? No of course it hasn't, but it has changed some people's lives. Nice.

I am assuming that English is not your preferred language? What cause do you believe in? Cheese-etarianism? The rape of dairy heffers? The torture and slaughter of male dairy calves? What tangible good has Morrissey done by obfuscating endlessly about the reality of milk and cheese? Music is now no more than a 'lifestyle condiment' and his bogus 'animal rights' schtick is just a bit of fake rebel yell 'spice' to add to the mix. Nobody with basic logic and reasoning skills would take his claims seriously, hence the mutual devotion between this clown and his equally delusional fan-base. The audience beyond The List and the first 10 rows are not fooled by this sophistry.

best
BB

i dont need morrissey to be the perfect saint of animal rights in order for me to decide he should be praised. i dont think anyone here holds that opinion as that seems a crazy position to hold. the only person saying that is you

Due to the length of some of his recent posts and the amount of time he spent constructing them I might have to give Morrissey some double points.

I particularly liked this quip:

"Online forums are no more significant than Sudoku" From his own words, yet there he is, busy fingers typing away, day after day after day................

I do think someone should hold some type on e-party for him when the poor chap pops his 3k mark.

Oh and as to the topic of this thread. 'Meat is Murder' has lead many people, fans and even non-fans to look further into animal rights and vegetarianism. And I think it's fair to say this has in turn led to many of them turning fully vegan. Regardless of the inconsistencies of Morrissey's personal stance (is he vegan, is he not?) this song in particular has played an important role for many people to rethink their diet. Therefore a win for the animals! Has it changed the world? No of course it hasn't, but it has changed some people's lives. Nice.

I'm not poor. That's why I'm able to retire. If I become poor, I'll have to go back to work. It's not that hard to understand. I'm 54. Graham Greene had retired by my age. You remember him? You're supposed to as Morrissey instructed you to add him to your 'hipster reference list'. Sudoku and online forums are 'displacement activities'. They have no meaning beyond actually taking part in them, other than they keep your brain active. Obviously, Sudoku is more challenging to the brain than responding on this site. I hope CG doesn't read your comment as she's over 20k comments now and you might trigger another crisis in her mind if you suggest there's something wrong with her for not doing whatever it is you do all day.

Morrissey isn't vegan. He eats cheese. He has nothing to say about animal rights, nor does any Cheese-etarian. You have no evidence that 'many' listeners have become vegan upon hearing The Cheesetarian Anthem called 'Meat Is Murder'. That's pure conjecture, but if it's a comfort to you, that's fine.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

i dont need morrissey to be the perfect saint of animal rights in order for me to decide he should be praised. i dont think anyone here holds that opinion as that seems a crazy position to hold. the only person saying that is you

No, I'm not the only person. Benny The Butcher and Reality Bites have also expressed similar views. Your welcome to praise Morrissey, it's no concern of mine unless you seek to stifle my legitimate criticisms of his lifestyle.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Now that is actually an interesting topic of conversation. I was an artistic, shit-kicking punk and (like everyone else) I discovered that you cannot really change the world that way. I did, however, succeed on a wholly-unforeseen level by working with the corporate media (albeit with an "indie" company). While there I managed to turn the spotlight on a few of my more outrageous, subversive icons, and one of them did accuse me of "selling out." What he did not understand is that yelling to a room-full of believers for 30 years will only get you so far; being beamed into the living rooms of millions of Americans will get you much, much farther (he quickly saw the light and apologized). Yes the "message" is watered-down by the medium, but you get to connect with more people, and they can take it from there. It's a deal with the devil to be sure, and if you are smart (and lucky) you can make it work for you and still succeed on a meaningful level.

Money does not negate artistic success, but it does eventually stunt the process.

You have hit the nail on the head BB! Fame is a poison, the effects of which cannot be understood from the outside. The more sensitive you are, the worse it is. I know a bit more about Morrissey's experience than the casual onlooker, and I can tell all and sundry that even a modicum of fame is explosive; being deified while living is a burden that no sane person can bear. In Morrissey's case he never had the skills to effectively cope (with often disastrous results).

Morrissey is not thriving, and his job is impossible: I do not envy him, and ultimately I have sympathy for him.

You mentioned Morrissey and Johnny Lydon: they have more in common than you may think. Mr. Lydon has the exact same complaints as Morrissey, but he's a bit more savvy about expressing them. Morrissey just missed the mainstream, and his "failure" was in part of his own making. Lydon was actually always farther from that kind of success. And yes - Morrissey is the greatest case-in-point that I can think of for contemplating artistic success, personal failure, and the terrible toll that the spotlight can take on even the strongest personality.

You should talk sense more often. :)

I always talk sense. I'm pleased that on this occasion you are able to follow my reasoning. You also mostly talk sense and have an entirely legitimate rationale for enjoying Morrissey's art. It's almost as if people can enjoy his work in different ways, for different reasons, and even discuss them on an online forum without taking offence at differing views!

best
BB

I know i said i wouldn't ........but........you are 54 years of age !!!!!!,and you spend your precious time,on a site devoted to all things morrissey,posting mad,lengthy,diatribes claiming mr morrissey is just one step away from beelzebub himself !!!!!!
Surely,you must have better things to do !!!!!.
Do you live alone,or do you have a very understanding indedendent "other half" ????????
I mean...seriously....life is too short for this type of behaviour !!!!
Just start your own "cheese is the devil's food" website....you never know it may prove very popular
you are a long time dead mate.
To be honest,i am a bit in shock over the "age thing",and to be quite brutal....i feel a bit sorry for you.
Best wishes,
keith.

I know i said i wouldn't ........but........you are 54 years of age !!!!!!,and you spend your precious time,on a site devoted to all things morrissey,posting mad,lengthy,diatribes claiming mr morrissey is just one step away from beelzebub himself !!!!!!
Surely,you must have better things to do !!!!!.
Do you live alone,or do you have a very understanding indedendent "other half" ????????
I mean...seriously....life is too short for this type of behaviour !!!!
Just start your own "cheese is the devil's food" website....you never know it may prove very popular
you are a long time dead mate.
To be honest,i am a bit in shock over the "age thing",and to be quite brutal....i feel a bit sorry for you.
Best wishes,
keith.

Oh dear, keith, that blissful period of silence from you didn't last long did it? You're merely expressing an opinion that my comments are 'mad, lengthy, diatribes'. Your opinion is of no meaning to me, why is that so hard for you to understand.? All time is precious but the philosophical problem of Boredom isn't solved by that insight, just as it isn't solved by endless shopping, workaholic denial or online porn and poker fixations. I've tried them all. Accepting Boredom as a feature of existential angst is much simpler. I don't believe in the 'devil' so your comment about 'beelzebub' doesn't make sense. I live with my family and have a very rich, rewarding life. My wife has zero interest in Morrissey or most of my online activities so long as I remember to walk the dog and other such humdrum tasks.

Your claim that addressing existential issues of Boredom by amusing myself on this site is invalid as 'life is too short for this type of behaviour' assumes there are other activities which are more important. Yet you fail to mention them and fail to note you have wasted some minutes and lots of apostrophes and exclamation marks in responding. Whilst typing this I am also monitoring a financial news channel and various other web-sites. It might be impossible for you to, metaphorically, 'walk and chew gum at the same time' but some of us are adept at multi-tasking. If I wanted advice from you or anyone else, I'd have asked for it. Did I? No. So please refrain from your vapid intrusions.

You are of no interest to me. I feel sorry for you, keith. You promised yourself you would put me on Ignore, but you lack even that basic impulse control. It's pretty clear that you remain obsessed by my comments as do many others here who claim to find them irrelevant. Why are you in shock over the 'age thing'? I'd assumed you were 17, but maybe you're only 12 and have just graduated from YouTube comments. Morrissey's older than me so save your sorrow for him as he uses 8 year old photographs to advertise his upcoming tour. I trust this reply is helpful to you and wish you every success in controlling yourself so you return to ignoring my comments. I did not miss your responses and would be delighted never to come across your cascading apostrophes and exclamation marks ever again.

best
BB

Last edited:

I always talk sense. I'm pleased that on this occasion you are able to follow my reasoning. You also mostly talk sense and have an entirely legitimate rationale for enjoying Morrissey's art. It's almost as if people can enjoy his work in different ways, for different reasons, and even discuss them on an online forum without taking offence at differing views!

:rolleyes: You see that, right there? That's where it all falls apart. You consistently manage to be both arrogant and condescending to such a comedic extent that you seem utterly insincere.

It's no wonder that you're a Morrissey fan. ;)

Last edited:

I'm not poor. That's why I'm able to retire. If I become poor, I'll have to go back to work. It's not that hard to understand. I'm 54. Graham Greene had retired by my age. You remember him? You're supposed to as Morrissey instructed you to add him to your 'hipster reference list'. Sudoku and online forums are 'displacement activities'. They have no meaning beyond actually taking part in them, other than they keep your brain active. Obviously, Sudoku is more challenging to the brain than responding on this site. I hope CG doesn't read your comment as she's over 20k comments now and you might trigger another crisis in her mind if you suggest there's something wrong with her for not doing whatever it is you do all day.

Morrissey isn't vegan. He eats cheese. He has nothing to say about animal rights, nor does any Cheese-etarian. You have no evidence that 'many' listeners have become vegan upon hearing The Cheesetarian Anthem called 'Meat Is Murder'. That's pure conjecture, but if it's a comfort to you, that's fine.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

No, I'm not the only person. Benny The Butcher and Reality Bites have also expressed similar views. Your welcome to praise Morrissey, it's no concern of mine unless you seek to stifle my legitimate criticisms of his lifestyle.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

best
BB

Well I know of three other people that have become vegetarian due to that song and two of us are now vegan. So if I can see a sampling like that just from my small social circle I see no reason to believe that many more wouldn't be the same. I've talked to quite a few fans at concerts over a number of years in a number of countries who have said the same thing. Sure I suspect a few may have been lying but for most I tended to believe were telling the truth. At the Auckland show he did a couple of years back I ended up chatting in line to a girl who must have been mid-teens and she was super passionate about animal rights and her vegan diet and her starting point for all of this was 'Meat is Murder.' It IS a song that has changed quite a few people's dietary choices but for whatever reason you refuse to acknowledge this.

:rolleyes: You see that, right there? That's where it all falls apart. You consistently manage to be both arrogant and condescending to such a comedic extent that you seem utterly insincere.

It's no wonder that you're a Morrissey fan. ;)

Americans. Irony. An ongoing challenge. :rolleyes:

best
BB

Well I know of three other people that have become vegetarian due to that song and two of us are now vegan. So if I can see a sampling like that just from my small social circle I see no reason to believe that many more wouldn't be the same. I've talked to quite a few fans at concerts over a number of years in a number of countries who have said the same thing. Sure I suspect a few may have been lying but for most I tended to believe were telling the truth. At the Auckland show he did a couple of years back I ended up chatting in line to a girl who must have been mid-teens and she was super passionate about animal rights and her vegan diet and her starting point for all of this was 'Meat is Murder.' It IS a song that has changed quite a few people's dietary choices but for whatever reason you refuse to acknowledge this.

I see no reason to give credence to your methodologies. It's a shame that Morrissey singing 'Meat Is Murder' for over 30 years hasn't led to Morrissey being 'super passionate' about animal rights rather than trolling the debate with his ludicrious concert histrionics. For whatever reason you refuse to acknowledge this.

best
BB

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom