Article: Universal says ‘no comment’ on claims Morrissey has been dropped; Warner/Chappell still pub

Universal says ‘no comment’ on claims Morrissey has been dropped by Andy Malt - Complete Music Update

Universal has declined to comment on claims made by Morrissey’s True To You fansite that the singer has been dropped by the Harvest imprint of the mega-major’s Capitol division.

It was widely reported over the weekend that the label had dropped Morrissey just three weeks after the release of his latest album, ‘World Peace Is None Of Your Business’. The news was based on claims made by his True To You fansite, which said on Saturday: “Three weeks after the release of Morrissey’s ‘World Peace Is None Of Your Business’ (#2 UK, #14 US), Capitol Records/Harvest have ended their relationship with Morrissey, as directed by label boss Steve Barnett. Morrissey is once again in search of a record label”.

The ‘dropped by Harvest’ claim followed mild criticism of the label by Morrissey for not producing a decent video for the album’s title track, while at the same time praising DIY efforts made by fans. Though if mild label-dissing was a reason for dropping artists, there wouldn’t be many still with record deals.

In June this year, True To You published a similar article to its latest claims, saying that Morrissey had ended his 30 year partnerships with Warner/Chappell and was seeking a new publishing deal.

At the time, Warner/Chappell also told CMU that it would not usually comment on such claims. However, given how widely they had been reported, a spokesperson did confirm that Warner/Chappell remains the publisher for Morrissey’s Smiths and solo songs, including his latest album.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Universal says ‘no comment’ on claims Morrissey has been dropped; Warner/Chappell still

This album is bad , very very poor. I have been a fan for far too many years ( yes I am that old ) and I think that gives me permission to comment and compare.

How old do the rest of us have to be in order to have our own opinions?

Re: Article: Universal says ‘no comment’ on claims Morrissey has been dropped; Warner/Chappell still

Bud , I think some people are listening to this album through rose tinted ear pieces

Just to correct you, rose-tinted means valuing the past over the present. So people who like the current album are precisely the opposite of rose-tinted.

Just to correct you, rose-tinted means valuing the past over the present. So people who like the current album are precisely the opposite of rose-tinted.

That reminds me. I must get new lenses for my rose tinted glasses.

Awww. You're just upset you didn't get a mention because I've never heard of you.

Unless you are even stupider than you seem - yeah, I know - people have been discussing the merits of art since the first cave paintings were daubed by early hominids almost as hairy as your mother.

Your efforts to turn this place into a mouthpiece for your Lord and Master seem to be foundering. Perhaps it is you who should find somewhere else to kiss his increasingly voluminous arse.

For you to say that I'm trying to turn this place into a mouth piece for Morrissey shows how pathetic you are. News flash, this site is dedicated to Morrissey and not to your opinions. Sounds like you are jealous that you aren't Morrissey.

As far as critiquing art, unless you critique music for a living u r good, otherwise u r a troll.

Example of how pathetic u are. I can care less if justin biever lives or dies, so why would I waste my time trolling sites dedicated to him?

Bottom line, u r interested in Morrissey he's not interested in you.

Go f*** your dad.

For you to say that I'm trying to turn this place into a mouth piece for Morrissey shows how pathetic you are. News flash, this site is dedicated to Morrissey and not to your opinions. Sounds like you are jealous that you aren't Morrissey.

As far as critiquing art, unless you critique music for a living u r good, otherwise u r a troll.

Example of how pathetic u are. I can care less if justin biever lives or dies, so why would I waste my time trolling sites dedicated to him?

Bottom line, u r interested in Morrissey he's not interested in you.

Go f*** your dad.

So to have an opinion about music, we have to be a music critic? Apply that to everything you criticize and then admit you're being an idiot. Criticize the president or queen? Hey, you've never been a queen (well, at least not that kind) or president so shut up. What an idiotic statement.

Am I understanding your postion correctly?
You find it fascinating that people think they have a right to criticise a pop singer and his work?
Please tell me I've got it wrong otherwise tell me about your life in North Korea.

It's not about wether you have the right or not. It's about why would someone follow a singe's career they don't enjoy. To follow someone for the purpose of criticism is pathetic.

That's like me trolling justin beibers sites for the purpose of writing trash, there would be no purpose in that. You guys need to get a life.

Now go f*** you dad.

So to have an opinion about music, we have to be a music critic? Apply that to everything you criticize and then admit you're being an idiot. Criticize the president or queen? Hey, you've never been a queen (well, at least not that kind) or president so shut up. What an idiotic statement.

There's a difference between common criticism and what you are doing. I may critique the president, politicians, etc... Because they effect my life. However, I never heard a rap song I liked, however I'm not going to go to every rap site and tell them that. Morrissey doesn't effect your life one bit. If you think he's horrible, understandable, but why then hang out? That's the part that makes you pathetic.

It's not about wether you have the right or not. It's about why would someone follow a singe's career they don't enjoy. To follow someone for the purpose of criticism is pathetic.

That's like me trolling justin beibers sites for the purpose of writing trash, there would be no purpose in that. You guys need to get a life.

Now go f*** you dad.
Oh sorry. My fault.
When I read your post, I thought I should take it seriously and ask you about it.
Clearly you're a major loon.
I've just noticed you appear to be encouraging us all to have sex with our fathers.
How are your relations with pater?

Oh sorry. My fault.
When I read your post, I thought I should take it seriously and ask you about it.
Clearly you're a major loon.
I've just noticed you appear to be encouraging us all to have sex with our fathers.
How are your relations with pater?

You won't take it serious because you would have to admit you are pathetic. Because there is nothing you can say to justify following day to day news on an artist you do not like, other then you are pathetic.

Now go f*** your dog.

LOL! Wonder if Morrissey breached a 'morality' clause with Harvest records?

"It didn't help that her contract with the Christian music branch of EMI had a "morality clause", in which "any behaviour deemed to be immoral" would be a breach of contract."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...y-god-loves-me-just-the-way-i-am-9667566.html

I doubt there was a morality clause....ha.

Very sad story about Ms Beeching....thanks for posting that...

Reminds me of Morrissey's new song "Forgive Someone".

The Church and people in general have a hard time with forgiveness.....hearts and minds should be open...but it seems too much to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good news if they can find a way to work amicably but not so good news if they've severely fallen out.

If it's the latter then I can see a live CD being released, made up from the forthcoming shows; if the former, then brilliant, here's hoping that the creative juices that spawned 'World Peace..' are still flowing.

Good news if they can find a way to work amicably but not so good news if they've severely fallen out.

If it's the latter then I can see a live CD being released, made up from the forthcoming shows; if the former, then brilliant, here's hoping that the creative juices that spawned 'World Peace..' are still flowing.

I agree.....My opinion is that if Morrissey hadn't gotten so sick in Boston the roll out for this album would've been great.

This album is better than many of his fans are willing to admit....It may end up being bigger than any of his others...

You won't take it serious because you would have to admit you are pathetic. Because there is nothing you can say to justify following day to day news on an artist you do not like, other then you are pathetic.

Now go f*** your dog.
So, I don't like Moz?
Are you sure?
By the way, how are relations with your dog?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom