Athens - Tae Kwon Do Arena (Dec. 15, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Staircase At The University / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / Yes, I Am Blind / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Smiler With Knife / Asleep / I'm Not A Man / Certain People I Know / Trouble Loves Me / Meat is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by Dimitris Vesparider‎ / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out Facebook group via an anonymous person.

Last edited:
I know what you meant, I was taking the piss, you're definitely not the brightest, is that why you don't register? Then everyone would see how much of a fool you are

Yeah, i got that you were trying to make a joke. You f***ed it up, though. I suggested that my boss wouldn't be too happy with me taking an extra day off per week, immediately after saying that if you get a ticket to see Morrissey there is a one-in-five chance that he won't do the show. Can you see the parallel between that and the UK's standard working week? I'm not asking that as a rhetorical question, by the way. You said your boss gives you two days off out of every seven, which isn't the same - or even similar to - one day in five. Can you see the difference? It makes your joke sound totally shit.

But yeah, you're clearly a brainbox.

thank you, Amy touched on this eloquently in the sycophant v. hater poll

Glad that you have decided to join the conversation. I 'lurked' for about ten years before I finally posted; but, just a word of warning: as strongly as you may feel compelled to respond to vile comments, be warned that there are a few people here whose sole purpose is to drag you into a quagmire of hate. The back-biting can go on for pages until eventually the person with sanity gives up and the other poster claims false victory. You can't engage in a constructive debate with someone who immediately labels anyone with an opposing opinion as an idiot, or who ends every retort with "Ignore me, Ignore me, Ignore me", which is tantamount to "Nah, nah, nah, you can't catch me. You certainly can't expect compassion or reason from someone who stated that Morrissey should be murdered like Lennon.

Obviously, you can engage with whomever you choose; I'm just saying that if you constantly respond to some posters, it can become an unhealthy obsession, and more importantly, it encourages them to post even more. There are many people who come to this site because they want to talk to others who share an enthusiasm and admiration for Morrissey's work; there are also people who love him but feel frustrated by some of his actions and statements, but most of those people are rational and can express their thoughts in a civilized manner. Good to have you here, just don't let it drive you mad.

lynnda

I've never referred to myself as irish, you probably aren't aware but morrissey released a song called "irish blood English heart" my screen name is a play of words from that, I hope that's clear because I'm not explaining it to you again, I suppose you think crystal geezer is made from crystal? Better be gentle with her she might shatter, anyway no more discussions with people who don't have the balls to register, grow a pair or piss off

Play of words? Do you mean, "play on words?"

You do think you're proper Oirish, though, don't you? You do think that ... cos, like, your mum and dad are Oirish. And that counts as proof that you're definitely Oirish. Doesn't it?

I wonder if my boss would be okay with me taking one day off per week, every week. Would yours?

Probably not, but if I became seriously ill and had to take an extended medical leave of absence, I'd like to think she'd be understanding.

(I mean, you do understand how the math works out, right? It's not as though the cancellations have been evenly sprinkled throughout the last 26 years. You can try to twist and spin it as much as you want, but the numbers are all there for everyone to see. It's really not complicated.)

Probably not, but if I became seriously ill and had to take an extended medical leave of absence, I'd like to think she'd be understanding.

(I mean, you do understand how the math works out, right? It's not as though the cancellations have been evenly sprinkled throughout the last 26 years. You can try to twist and spin it as much as you want, but the numbers are all there for everyone to see. It's really not complicated.)

Yeah, you're right about there not being an even distribution of sickness throughout his solo career. In the last three years, he's phoned in, sick, for almost half of the shows for which he sold tickets...

2012- 2014:
Total shows scheduled: 226
Total canceled: 106
cancellation rate: 46.90%

Would your boss put up with that?

Well done, on your use of a hyperlink, incidentally. You're really good at the Internet.

Thank you both. I look forward to your posts as well.

lynnda

You actually look forward to them? You actually sit there, anticipating what these people might say next? Is that actually what your life's like?

Classic !
Are you the same "lynnda" who went off on one and resorted to post I had a small penis ?
In this "p c " world I cannot point the finger so I have to give you "lynnda" the benefit of doubt.
I struck you a deal if I remember rightly that I would ignore you if you would agree to ignore me and now this !
You are now back as fair game my dear ? Has there been a mix up ? Or are you prepared to take on BTBB ?[/QUOTE

That was exactly my point; it becomes an all-consuming game of back and forth that inevitably turns very nasty. I did fall into the quagmire a few times, but hopefully, I've learned from my mistakes. And for the record, you were not even in my thoughts when I made this post; when I see your signature, I immediately move to the next response, so I have no idea what you've been saying recently. Attack away; I'm not playing.

lynnda

The difference being that you don't have a contract with your employer to work seven days per week. Sicknote Steve just takes time off work arbitrarily, regardless of his contractual obligations.

Did I break that down for you quite enough?

I remember meeting some guy who worked with Morrissey way back and asked him why does Moz cancel so many shows, both times I had tickets for his shows I was left holding them. He gay, he said, thats all you have to know.

Glad that you have decided to join the conversation. I 'lurked' for about ten years before I finally posted; but, just a word of warning: as strongly as you may feel compelled to respond to vile comments, be warned that there are a few people here whose sole purpose is to drag you into a quagmire of hate. The back-biting can go on for pages until eventually the person with sanity gives up and the other poster claims false victory. You can't engage in a constructive debate with someone who immediately labels anyone with an opposing opinion as an idiot, or who ends every retort with "Ignore me, Ignore me, Ignore me", which is tantamount to "Nah, nah, nah, you can't catch me. You certainly can't expect compassion or reason from someone who stated that Morrissey should be murdered like Lennon.

Obviously, you can engage with whomever you choose; I'm just saying that if you constantly respond to some posters, it can become an unhealthy obsession, and more importantly, it encourages them to post even more. There are many people who come to this site because they want to talk to others who share an enthusiasm and admiration for Morrissey's work; there are also people who love him but feel frustrated by some of his actions and statements, but most of those people are rational and can express their thoughts in a civilized manner. Good to have you here, just don't let it drive you mad.

lynnda

Very well put Lynnda - some posters use this site to be complete tosses when on other sites they frequent, they come across as normal people, it's made me realise that they come on here simply to promote arguments with people who are easy prey ie fans of Morrissey.

It's actually a form of bullying by weak individuals who wouldn't say boo to a ghost away from the keyboard.

I remember meeting some guy who worked with Morrissey way back and asked him why does Moz cancel so many shows, both times I had tickets for his shows I was left holding them. He gay, he said, thats all you have to know.

I believe that he's gay but why would that be the reason he cancels shows?

lol lurking for not one, but ten years, and now decide to post because... etc

translation> i post everyday under a couple of different avatars, but i have to make it look like there are more yessmen
than 3.....lol

lynnda

Amusing to see you leap to welcome somebody who begins their 'career' on Morrissey-Solo with ad hominem dismissals of others. By welcoming them without applying your supposed standards, you expose yourself as being similar trash. You STILL can't just get on with your 'positive' contribution, can you? You still keep reading comments that annoy you, for kicks, rather than create a profile and put them on 'Ignore'. Because you're addicted to the very negativity you claim to be above.

For all your spurious moralising, you can't resist welcoming someone who calls other posters 'insane'. Hardly a definition of 'rational', unless 'Mozsman' is a qualified psychiatrist. Which I think is highly unlikely, given their barely literate comments. Still, don't let things like facts and evidence get in the way of your pious homily. LOL!

I would call Barleycorn a "c***" ...

By contrast Benny and Brummie - are just insane.

tl;dr 'lyndda' is a flagrant hypocrite and face-time attention troll who thinks she's 'subtle'. *rollsyes*

best
BB

OMG! THISSSSSS! ^^^^

Whenever you pop up, I think, "That Lynnda chick is really neat. I like her."

Welcome to GroupThink

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

I've never referred to myself as irish, you probably aren't aware but morrissey released a song called "irish blood English heart" my screen name is a play of words from that, I hope that's clear because I'm not explaining it to you again, I suppose you think crystal geezer is made from crystal? Better be gentle with her she might shatter, anyway no more discussions with people who don't have the balls to register, grow a pair or piss off

- - - Updated - - -

couldn't agree more, so cool,so calm, so sensible

so hypocritical, like the rest of the haters

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Me too. I pretty much always nod along with Lynnda. :)

Saves the painful chore of thinking for yourself? Welcome to GroupThink.

best
BB

Classic !
Are you the same "lynnda" who went off on one and resorted to post I had a small penis ?
In this "p c " world I cannot point the finger so I have to give you "lynnda" the benefit of doubt.
I struck you a deal if I remember rightly that I would ignore you if you would agree to ignore me and now this !
You are now back as fair game my dear ? Has there been a mix up ? Or are you prepared to take on BTBB ?[/QUOTE

That was exactly my point; it becomes an all-consuming game of back and forth that inevitably turns very nasty. I did fall into the quagmire a few times, but hopefully, I've learned from my mistakes. And for the record, you were not even in my thoughts when I made this post; when I see your signature, I immediately move to the next response, so I have no idea what you've been saying recently. Attack away; I'm not playing.

lynnda

But you are playing and haven't learned from your mistakes. If you created an account you could put people on Ignore to avoid having to ' immediately move to the next response, so I have no idea what you've been saying recently'. The truth is you refuse to create an account because you are addicted to your indignation about others having opinions which you disapprove of. Ludicrous behaviour.

best
BB

photo.php

Me & the wife.Solo shirts,tsipouro(greek vodka),beer,smokes,and a show to remember.
Amazing in every possible way.Over 4.500 people attended.Thats all there is.

But you are playing and haven't learned from your mistakes. If you created an account you could put people on Ignore to avoid having to ' immediately move to the next response, so I have no idea what you've been saying recently'. The truth is you refuse to create an account because you are addicted to your indignation about others having opinions which you disapprove of. Ludicrous behaviour.

best
BB
what's wrong bummieboy? Upset that lynnda is popular while everyone thinks you're a prick? You should be used to it, I'm sure it's the same for you in real life

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom