Atlanta Show - 6/4 - CANCELED

Well, I guess the third time is a charm. Moz paid Atlanta back for eating "Rabbit Neck and Eagle Shit" at Chastain (a quote from his book) and screwed the people in Atlanta who wanted to see him for the third consecutive time. I'm beginning to feel like a bit like a jilted date... shouldn't I have given up on you after the second time you stood me up? Maybe even the first? But no, gluttons for punishment, we came back, paid ridiculous prices for tickets via scalpers, and got shot down yet AGAIN. For the THIRD consecutive time. Is this his way of punishing us? Setting up show dates and then cancelling the day of the show? With no plans to try and reschedule at all.

Just an observation- I've been sick- really sick- and still gone to work. I've been sick and traveled on business when people were counting on me. I've given large presentations when sick, because people depended on me to do what I'd promised to do. Now, consider that Moz isn't probably even actually sick (The whole of Atlanta- punished for the sins of Chastain in 07') and I think that after a twenty five+ years of being a fan, I'm cured. No longer Moz dependent. I'll focus my attention instead on people who actually give a damn about their fans.

>> According to the show’s promoters, Morrissey, the touring crew and opener Kristeen Young have come down with a virus. The show was selling robustly, with only a couple of rows of rear mezzanine seating still available Tuesday

Man, every single person?!? they really should've reconsidered and come to Atlanta anyway -- the CDC is *here*!

Excellent Point! He would have been at the right venue too. Walking Dead fans will recognize the Cobb Energy Center as the CDC during Season 2.

Well, I guess the third time is a charm. Moz paid Atlanta back for eating "Rabbit Neck and Eagle Shit" at Chastain (a quote from his book) and screwed the people in Atlanta who wanted to see him for the third consecutive time. I'm beginning to feel like a bit like a jilted date... shouldn't I have given up on you after the second time you stood me up? Maybe even the first? But no, gluttons for punishment, we came back, paid ridiculous prices for tickets via scalpers, and got shot down yet AGAIN. For the THIRD consecutive time. Is this his way of punishing us? Setting up show dates and then cancelling the day of the show? With no plans to try and reschedule at all.

The real question is, what does this mean for Flint?

Is there still no word of this on True to You? Or any inkling of what might be the status of Atlantic City?

Wow it seems we've run out of people to pin the illness on so the whole payroll has been infected this time around, once again it seems our supa hero Ste-Mo is on the ropes.
His insurance must be astronomical.
Has another wheel fell off the covered wagon ?
Have Harvest records pulled the plug ?
Will we ever hear this "miracle album" ?
Will we find him in a ditch ?
Will it be left to Tosserrey to explain the situation (Again ?)
On another note though well done Lynne and Boz with the record store and wine plonk ( get them diarys out Boz it's time to tell all about the importance of working with Lord Mudslide )
Johnny ! Please stay true to Manchester and NEVER work again with Liverpools answer to Manchester (Ringo Starr).
(This could have all been put on Jackies shoulders surely ? )
So glad I have no intention of attending a concert ever again. It's not worth the investment. I'm sick of Morrissey being such a bitch. You can't hide behind that I am so sensitive and fragile BS no not a person who has been all over the place.Understands if people are not well but most of his crap seems like a blase cover up. I always feel sad for the people who are now going to miss a show. It is not that I don't understand these things happen. It's more like why do you let the press speak for you and why can't you address the people you let down directly. I don't get the feeling he cares. All of these previous comments from recent shows a few of them seem like a person who does not want to be at their job and it is closing time or time to go home and they are in a hurry to leave.I feel very sad that the Morrissey who was loved so much seems like nothing but a sham these days.It's not like he needs to reach out and care etc etc but you have to wonder if he was impoverished or desperate if this same type of behavior would play out .He does not show gratitude at all. Grow up, buddy. You ought to be a little more gracious. If you want to plea for public sympathy then give people an outlet to show you some rather than your smug remarks at people who say they love you at concerts that you make snarky replies at. You are acting like a prick. I am not trying to be bitchy. You should know this crap by now . It is rude and disrespectful to your fans. Additionally , it is doubtful that nobody loves him he is probably getting plenty of love from somewhere he does not disclose. Screw that. He is a liar.He would not be where he is today if he was not preying on you, the fan. It is a disgrace how he treats his fans.

This is the 2nd year in a row he's canceled a show I held tickets for. He's truly a piece of shit. He's not sick, he's f***ing entitled. He has his head shoved so far up his pretentious asshole that he could careless about anyone else. He lives in LA, he should leave. Americans don't conduct business like this. We have work ethic and respect for other people. We honor our responsibilities. If I were England I wouldn't want to claim his sorry ass either. He hates it so much and doesn't like the monarchy, maybe he should go back to the piss poor village in Ireland where he came from. Milk a goat or two and rot!

I'm guessing you're that crass American girl I saw posting similar rubbish on his Facebook, eh?
Why are you having digs at Ireland/the Irish? Moron. Some fan you are too, why do you even bother buying tickets and then write such vulgar things? I can understand disappointment, but really... grow up.

Kristeen Young is making sum cryptic comments on farcebook. She's either been booted off the tour again or the tour is cancelled.

Lawdy lawdy... ya'll folks dunno how things happened Down in Dixie at the Chastity Belt Park. We uppity Southern folks and our non-Southern friends (even some of them who worship the befouled Crown) dared to step to the front of I-say-I-say-I-say well-heeled folk from what we call the suburbs (but used to call Deliverance Country). They proceeded to whip out their newfangled cellular devices and call the LAW on us for blockin' their view while they chowed down on their Christ-Fil-A slop buckets. Then the Sheriffs showed up and stopped Morrissey from finishing the show.

I was there. My illegally co-habituating same-sex partner recorded the show. (Many of you thanked him.) So have another listen — that show was stopped by Yuppie-types and The Man.

As for that little Variety Play Dough (or whatever) show we fans had a great time out no matter what, and we got our money back.

P.S. Hi to eVe and eVe's Dad.

P.P.S. Yes, that venue was the edifice for the CDC. The paperwork needed to film inside is unholy.

i am so glad I saw the first show of the tour(san jose). I wagered he would make it through that one. I am sorry about the cancellation but he does do that and it should be epected at least once

If anyone had any doubts about if he really has a virus or not, I'm reposting the following link:

http://rocknycliveandrecorded.com/morrissey-cancels-atlanta-here-we-go-again.html

He's perfectly fine- was seen today. Simply didn't want to play a show.

You can have a sore throat and still talk to people in a bar, dumbass. And it doesn't mean he f***ED THE FOOTBALL TEAM because he said hello to a fellow Englishman in a strange land. Some of these anon's are WHACK like a bitter, unpaid whore moaning about her sad circumstance in life.

If he doesn't finish this tour nobody will book him again. Does he care?

You can have a sore throat and still talk to people in a bar, dumbass. And it doesn't mean he f***ED THE FOOTBALL TEAM because he said hello to a fellow Englishman in a strange land. Some of these anon's are WHACK like a bitter, unpaid whore moaning about her sad circumstance in life.

And this was Monday. He could have gotten sick after. Have we all forgotten the man almost died last year?

Morrissey cancelled...again :(

I think we all have a bit of PTSD regarding this!

Let's just hope everyone feels better and the tour is able to resume in AC! I am a ticket holder for AC and Boston and am feeling unsure. Fingers crossed!!

So sorry for the Atlanta fans. I know the sting too well.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom