Austin, TX - Bass Hall (Nov. 15, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Black Cloud / The Kid's A Looker / Maladjusted / First Of The Gang To Die / Action Is My Middle Name / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat Is Murder / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway / All The Lazy Dykes / Satellite Of Love / Scandinavia / I Know It's Over // Still Ill

set list provided by an anonymous person

Last edited:
ok so i know Morrissey has always played like an 18 song set, but seriously Morrissey. The cure played a 45 song set in London last night and Robert smith looks like death. C'mon Moz, at least bump up to the 20's. i think the loyal fans that have always gone to your concerts deserve it....you can start in Dallas

I bet the audience also looked like death after listening to 45 songs by the Cure:lbf:

Moz looks fitter and healthier going by the videos.
Band still absolutely shit - sub-cruise ship quality effers.

Went to the Austin show last night. I have to say I was disappointed mostly with the audience. They were dragging in during the opening act and the energy was kinda blah. Morrissey on the other hand sang flawlessly. The band was amazing and blew the roof off that concert hall. The overall set was sorta subdued and not really packed with the hits. But he played Speedway which is one of my favs and his new songs sounded amazing. I travelled four hours to see this show and it was well worth it. Wish he took time after shows to meet us loyal fans that spend our hard earned money to see him.. . All we got was a wave before he jumped in his limo. Oh well.[/QUOTE
The songs of The Smiths and the old Morrissey of his youth, were wonderful! Morrisseys lyrics made a connection with our lives, because we all go through it and Morrissey was one of us. But now... Morrisseys is safely isolated from what he wrote about years ago... Maybe why the new stuffs not up to par? I dunno! Be glad you got the wave. Usually it's isolation from the fans he used to refer to as friends. On the other hand, it takes only one sad experience, like a thrown bottle of water and it's Don't meet me at the fountain!

Went to the Austin show last night. I have to say I was disappointed mostly with the audience. They were dragging in during the opening act and the energy was kinda blah. Morrissey on the other hand sang flawlessly. The band was amazing and blew the roof off that concert hall. The overall set was sorta subdued and not really packed with the hits. But he played Speedway which is one of my favs and his new songs sounded amazing. I travelled four hours to see this show and it was well worth it. Wish he took time after shows to meet us loyal fans that spend our hard earned money to see him.. . All we got was a wave before he jumped in his limo. Oh well.

You got a wave?!! Be damn thankful you got even that! Morrissey used to love his fans/ friends , not so sure now. " My life is a never ending succession of people saying goodbye"...it doesn't have to be that way. But maybe his heart is too big and doesn't want it hurt again....

ok so i know Morrissey has always played like an 18 song set, but seriously Morrissey. The cure played a 45 song set in London last night and Robert smith looks like death. C'mon Moz, at least bump up to the 20's. i think the loyal fans that have always gone to your concerts deserve it....you can start in Dallas

I'm sure Morrissey would play a 45 song set if he charged £125 per ticket too.

I'm sure Morrissey would play a 45 song set if he charged £125 per ticket too.

He's so bitter in his middle age LOL. I am thankful for the wave. But appreciate bands who take the time to meet those who wait out for hours just to say hello and thank you. He still puts on a show...But it didnt feel as loose and pure as it once was. Maybe its time he retire after all.

He's so bitter in his middle age LOL. I am thankful for the wave. But appreciate bands who take the time to meet those who wait out for hours just to say hello and thank you. He still puts on a show...But it didnt feel as loose and pure as it once was. Maybe its time he retire after all.
It's all o. k. Think, "Strangers In the Night". Maybe you can find MOZ at a local public bar, post-show, throwing his weight around! You'll see this figure at the Catn' Whatever Bar on Sunset Blvd, Hollywood. Kitty- corner to the Palladium. A fave hang out. And.. say to yourself, is that Morrissey? There you go.... It worked out so right for strangers in the night.

It's all o. k. Think, "Strangers In the Night". Maybe you can find MOZ at a local public bar, post-show, throwing his weight around! You'll see this figure at the Catn' Whatever Bar on Sunset Blvd, Hollywood. Kitty- corner to the Palladium. A fave hang out. And.. say to yourself, is that Morrissey? There you go.... It worked out so right for strangers in the night.
Agreed... Just remember all..... The bigger he heart, the more its guarded from harm. Be kind, be good, it may just be rewarded.

I love me some Cure but Moz does a lot more shows on his tours. Not sure how his voice would hold up doing that many songs.

morrissey is fantastic, a true artist... but he needs a NEW GUITARIST.

Peter Buck is available...

Well well well!!!!!!!!

Its all been said before, its very deja vu is'nt it!!!

One hour and fifteen minutes dear me I went to watch Ken Dodd last wknd he came on at 7 and left the stage at 5 past MIDNIGHT having said that though Ken is a true showman.

Anyway back to Mizzerrey what was the backdrop pic ??please tell me it was not the FISTING pic he released, we had some great fun with his song titles on that one.

Sister I'm a fister, Shakespeares fister and Who put the M in Manfister .........oh happy days

What a shame but I did tell you not build your hopes up now

f*** off ya c***. it stays at 18!

I'm from Austin and went last night, went to the show in San Antonio as well. I have to say the crowd energy was better in SA. Us Austinites are spoiled, I suppose. Anyway, Moz and the band were great both nights. I do wish he would vary his setlist a bit more between shows, but I'll take whatever I can get. See you in Mexico, Moz.

I totally agree! SA was far more excited and pumped up for the Moz than Austin. Dallas was even worse.
It really makes no sense… You would have thought the Live Music Capitol of the world would be going crazy.

So, based on some comments here, cameras are sticking out in the air...so I wanna clarify, were CELLPHONES and Cameras allowed inside any venue? Just wanna make sure if those are allowed..

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom