Australia Ticket Sales Update - TTY, 26 Sept 2012

Information From True-To-You Website

Ticket sales information
26 September 2012

Morrissey's concert at the Enmore Theater in Sydney has sold out on the first day of sales, with all 2,400 tickets gone. There are less than 100 tickets left for Morrissey's concert at Sydney Opera House, and 3,487 tickets sold on the first day for Morrissey's concert at Melbourne Festival Hall.

--
UPDATE 9/28:

Link posted by MORRIZSEY:

Revised ticket sales information, 27 September 2012, TTY

"According to an article posted today on the Altsounds website, in addition to Morrissey's concert at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney having sold out, Morrissey's concert at the Sydney Opera House has now also sold out, in just over 24 hours, and Morrissey's concerts in Wellington, Auckland, Brisbane, and Melbourne are all selling fast."

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I still am, I still am going on the "no news is good news" motto so far, maybe we will catch a lucky break .. but given our luck, you can't help but have those thoughts creep in :(

I'd say next week would feel about right for a TTY announcement on where Morrissey is with everything.

I think there is still hope for us!

I feel like since they cancelled some of the US dates, and then the remainder, it might just be due to scheduling and it making more sense to do all the dates together next year.

If it was due to something more serious happening in regards to Morrissey's family issues I feel like the Australia tour would have been cancelled at the same time without any hesitation.

Bless you I love your optimism.

I think that I have pretty much accepted that it is not going to happen, I am just hoping that they announce something soon so that I can maybe get som money back on internal flights and maybe change to a cheaper flight over in January.

No it is not accepted.

Well this optimism is thing is awesome! See there was nothing to worry about :)

- marred.

Well this optimism is thing is awesome! See there was nothing to worry about :)

- marred.

Only when it pays off, imagine how crushed you would be if all that optimism didn't pay off? As it stands, us pessimists got a lovely surprise :p

Only when it pays off, imagine how crushed you would be if all that optimism didn't pay off? As it stands, us pessimists got a lovely surprise :p

I just got tired of assuming the worst. That's all. A part of me thought there's no way Morrissey could stick it to us Antipodeans yet again, and I was right.

Off topic for a second regarding a subject topical in America, but I know you guys are all here. Is this true?

29390_373583966060106_1729134125_n.jpg

Off topic for a second regarding a subject topical in America, but I know you guys are all here. Is this true?

29390_373583966060106_1729134125_n.jpg

Australia has universal healthcare: True, to an extent. Many non elective surgeries covered by medicare which is funded through taxes. Long wait lists exist for elective surgery (read: Not cosmetic) and dental is not covered. For other things there is private health insurance ( to get Dental and avoid waiting lists for elective surgery. cosmetic still not covered).

Compulsory Voting: True (although you have to register to vote first, once you are registered it is compulsory, if you never register then you don't have to).

No Guns: False.

No Death Penalty: True.

Pro Choice: True.

Openly Gay Politicians: True.

Evolution taught in all schools: False.

Female PM unmarried Atheist: True (although I'm not sure exactly how aggressively Atheist she is, she's just not religious)

Australia has universal healthcare: True, to an extent. Many non elective surgeries covered by medicare which is funded through taxes. Long wait lists exist for elective surgery (read: Not cosmetic) and dental is not covered. For other things there is private health insurance ( to get Dental and avoid waiting lists for elective surgery. cosmetic still not covered).

Compulsory Voting: True (although you have to register to vote first, once you are registered it is compulsory, if you never register then you don't have to).

Female PM unmarried Atheist: True (although I'm not sure exactly how aggressively Atheist she is, she's just not religious)

Just to extend a bit on Pokeys points :

No Guns : False but semi-automatic rifles have been banned since the mid-90s and there's little electoral interest in overturning this. Handguns , while not banned ,
are strictly controlled and , for the most part , stored at the shooting club premises.

Universal Healthcare : I'd argue one of the key provisions of healthcare in this country is the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) which subsidises the cost of
prescription medication. E.g. a months worth of tablet X , rather than being available for its retail price of , say, $110 , instead is available to
the employed at $ 37. For the unemployed, elderly , chronically ill , the same medication will cost $ 5. Furthermore , for these relatively
disadvantaged groups , a PBS "safety net" exists , whereby after spending over a certain amount on medications throughout a year , the cost
of these medications drops to $0 for the remaining few months of the year.

Oops ,that's probably enough off-topicking from me ...

Just to extend a bit on Pokeys points :

No Guns : False but semi-automatic rifles have been banned since the mid-90s and there's little electoral interest in overturning this. Handguns , while not banned ,
are strictly controlled and , for the most part , stored at the shooting club premises.

Universal Healthcare : I'd argue one of the key provisions of healthcare in this country is the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) which subsidises the cost of
prescription medication. E.g. a months worth of tablet X , rather than being available for its retail price of , say, $110 , instead is available to
the employed at $ 37. For the unemployed, elderly , chronically ill , the same medication will cost $ 5. Furthermore , for these relatively
disadvantaged groups , a PBS "safety net" exists , whereby after spending over a certain amount on medications throughout a year , the cost
of these medications drops to $0 for the remaining few months of the year.

Oops ,that's probably enough off-topicking from me ...

Cool guys, thanks for the info. :thumb: Enjoy your long overdue Moz fix! :cool:

Obviously people in Australia own guns such as farmers and members of shooting clubs but can i add that I don't know anyone that owns a gun or who is even remotely interested in owning one. Even air rifles can't be bought here unless you apply for a license. Guns just have very little to do with mainstream law abiding culture here. Criminal culture on the other hand is another thing altogether. I haven't had to wait too long for surgery and the care I got while in hospital was fantastic.

- marred.

I just picked up my pair o tix for the Brisvegas Dec 17 gig from Ticketek Canberra. Me and my friend from Nyngyn are going, it'll be our 1st Moz gig :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom