Autobiography by Morrissey has returned to the number 2 position in the UK paperback chart

Just stop already. It's f***ing boring. Really, really boring. We get that Moz is obsessed with being high on charts. We understand. But give up with the f***ing yo-yo numbers already.

P.

I find it embarrassing that an artist of Morrissey's stature is resorting to this kind of popularity pissing contest - as though it matters at all whether the book is at no.1 or no.3, really. He's like a man staring in the mirror each morning, saying over and over to himself: "I AM a genius", "no I really am a genius"... "I am a GENIUS..." etc, etc in an endless cycle of insecurity and self-validation.

You know, I'm pretty sure that there is no paperback chart. What he means is that there is one paperback book above his in the book chart. Now that he's brought out a hardback edition, it doesn't really make sense anyway.

I find it embarrassing that an artist of Morrissey's stature is resorting to this kind of popularity pissing contest - as though it matters at all whether the book is at no.1 or no.3, really. He's like a man staring in the mirror each morning, saying over and over to himself: "I AM a genius", "no I really am a genius"... "I am a GENIUS..." etc, etc in an endless cycle of insecurity and self-validation.
Of course Johnny Marr doesn't have this problem ,because 25 yrs have past and the total sum of his post smiths
career has equaled that of the guy that was with wham - talk of embarrassing !

This obsession is really typical of what Morrissey has become. He has lost credibility with his sorry choice of musicians and lackluster songs.

Additionally, if he would actually issue some sort of statement regarding that stupid ass blog site and give it his blessing (further nailing his place in a respected artist losing his way) or order it be shut down an dthe jerkoffs over there who fall at every word that is published can move on from their delusion.

I mean seriously, how is anyone ever going to look at him as a respected lyricist if he acknowledges and blesses the kindergarten graphics and delusional conspiracy theories there?

How sad is he--we'll let you know.

This obsession is really typical of what Morrissey has become. He has lost credibility with his sorry choice of musicians and lackluster songs.

Additionally, if he would actually issue some sort of statement regarding that stupid ass blog site and give it his blessing (further nailing his place in a respected artist losing his way) or order it be shut down an dthe jerkoffs over there who fall at every word that is published can move on from their delusion.

I mean seriously, how is anyone ever going to look at him as a respected lyricist if he acknowledges and blesses the kindergarten graphics and delusional conspiracy theories there?

How sad is he--we'll let you know.

More and more people are coming round to your way of thinking FAN.
Why would anybody with half a brain give him a recording contract given the above and his childish antics! I would rather give a recording contract to Professor Steven Hawking to release a karaoke album than Steven Morrissey in his present state. Morrissey should seek the help of Gandolf and Bilbo Baggins to help him find the plot in 2014.
By the way , how is the live dvd doing in the charts ? Our "stato" is slipping on that point.

Also noticed the Duck Dynasty are back on tv after a bit of gardening leave about comments made concerning the bible and homosexuality, I would never have known who they were but for Morrissey waving a white flag/making chicken noises and throwing in the towel ! (What an embarrassment that was to the "Salford school of HARD knocks) Anyway they are back on that controversial grey area we know as 'freedom of speech'.
Tik-tok-tik-tok.

Benny-the-Butcher

Of course Johnny Marr doesn't have this problem ,because 25 yrs have past and the total sum of his post smiths
career has equaled that of the guy that was with wham - talk of embarrassing !

I always love that one...

Hey! Morrissey is hyper aware of chart positions as we all know, and it's been a while, as we all also know. So, I'm not surprised he is soaking it all in and letting us all know. If this were anyone else I would think it's a bit odd. But this is Morrissey and obsessing over the charts is a very Morrisseyish thing to do!;) I'm glad he has high chart positions to obsess over! The book is fantastic and he should be proud:)

That said, I am curious about what a previous poster said about there being no UK Paperback chart.I don't know much about UK book charts but I couldn't find one myself. So is Morrissey personally charting the book? :D

Position isn't everything! Not always being on top can be great! (Though Moz has been in that position for weeks) Wink wink. Sunday Times and Irish Times are the only charts to read IMO. If Morrissey had done a Dublin signing the figures would have been even more amaze, but alas he is too cool to bother and that is why we love him!

I always love that one...
FACT. They were all extras, sadly for them. The English can forgive everything but success, Rupert Ev played the master OW (who was hated for his talent and originality and betrayed) beyond expectations! Dublin theatre lives on after seeing that performance! (Going off topic I know) London Theatre should:lbf: forget the blue rinse day trippers chugging into the West End on National Express coaches, and get back to true theatre! Marr and Co were just DAFT (said in a Manc accent) local council house boys who happenened to meet a Genius, who took them off the dole queue! (They would be working in Morrisons, Cheadle but for him) Happy 2014 Andrew...:lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom