"Back On The Chain Gang" enters at #1 in Official Vinyl Singles Chart; not in Top 100 Singles

F671EA14-72A7-4DC0-B2AF-73EE26FD273A.jpeg

"Back On The Chain Gang" enters the UK Official Vinyl Singles Chart Top 40 at #1. It did not chart in the Official Singles Chart Top 100.

UPDATE Dec. 5:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey Number 1 - Morrissey Central
December 1, 2018

"Back On The Chain Gang" by Morrissey has entered the Official UK Vinyl Chart at number 1. U2 entered at number 2, and Paul McCartney entered at number 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if Morrissey is feeling giddy after selling about 2000 records?
I sense your snide, of course (we all do - it IS glaringly obvious), but yeah, sure he does. This is how the game works today. If you sell a couple of thousands of vinyl singles you’re doing great. Only a few select people care about vinyl singles.

Nah, Moz’ single is still bigger on Spotify than Rick’s ‘big news single’ anyway, by some 100k plays.

That will probably change soon, Astleys going to playing to around a million people as support to Take That in the spring.

So how much absolute sales is that? What number witnesses this triumph?

I'm not sure but one thing I can say with certainty is it sold more than your punk band sold this week..........................or any week for that matter.

I sense your snide, of course (we all do - it IS glaringly obvious), but yeah, sure he does. This is how the game works today. If you sell a couple of thousands of vinyl singles you’re doing great. Only a few select people care about vinyl singles.

Not snide at all, the records good but I just can't get as excited as some over a couple of thousand record sales.

The digital track was available well before the vinyl release and clearly having a staggered release date for formats has, once again, effected top 100 placement.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
However many it is, it’s more than anyone else

That will probably change soon, Astleys going to playing to around a million people as support to Take That in the spring.
Really? In the UK alone? What’s happening to your country?
Good to know The Smiths beat Take That by large numbers in terms of worldwide streams!

So how much absolute sales is that? What number witnesses this triumph?

Oh dear, yet another fun-packed Friday night for Peter.

Jaysus, will someone take him out for a vegan beer, or something...go on Thewlis, he might even get a round in.

Really? In the UK alone? What’s happening to your country?
Good to know The Smiths beat Take That by large numbers in terms of worldwide streams!

Yes its mental, 7 nights at the O2 in London, 5 nights at the MEN, Anfield Stadium and a number of others. We have very different tastes in my household. My wifes off to one of those MEN gigs whereas I saw Cast last night, Sleeper last weekend and my upcoming gigs are Bob Mould, Sleeper (again) Buzzcocks and the Skids at the Royal Albert Hall, which will be rather odd and The National. Luckily my youngest has a decent tase in music so we can have a good conversation about bands, she is actually really into Morrissey and also newer bands like The 1975 and The Blossoms.

Not snide at all, the records good but I just can't get as excited as some over a couple of thousand record sales.
It’s either that or no joy at all (sales wise!), I’m afraid. The 90’s are long gone. This is as good as it gets nowadays. And good on Moz for making the most of it.

I'm not sure but one thing I can say with certainty is it sold more than your punk band sold this week..........................or any week for that matter.
He has a punk band?

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom