"Back On The Chain Gang" sleeve posted on Rough Trade

Now showing on (both including sleeve as already seen):

20180930_121202.jpg

Site blurb:
"Morrissey's Back on the Chain Gang. Available here on 7".
As the lead singer of the Smiths, arguably the most important indie band in Britain during the '80s, Morrissey's theatrical crooning and literate, poetic lyrics -- filled with romantic angst, social alienation, and cutting wit -- connected powerfully with a legion of similarly sensitive, disaffected youth. These fans turned the Smiths into stars in Britain, exerting tremendous pull over much of the country's guitar-based music for many years after their breakup, and even if the group remained underground cult artists in the States, they had a fan base that slowly, steadily grew larger over the years."

$10.99 via Rough Trade (US).

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/music/morrissey-back-on-the-chain-gang

20180930_121850.jpg

Site blurb:

"Morrissey presents a 7-inch single release of his cover of "Back On The Chain Gang," originally written by Chrissie Hynde and released by The Pretenders in 1982. It was recorded at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles, CA with Joe Chiccarelli, who produced Moz's last two albums World Peace Is None of Your Business and Low in High School, and features backing by Jesse Tobias (guitars), Solomon Walker (bass), Matthew Walker (drums) and Roger Manning (keyboards). It's joined here by a live version of "I Didn't Know What to Do" on the B-side."

$9.99 via Music Direct (US).
https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/Morrissey-Back-on-the-Chain-Gang-(Vinyl-7)

Regards,
FWD.

44453_Morrissey_Back_On.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't know if you're up for discussing this, but if so, I want to tell you this- He's doing much more with his spot light than many others. He has the attention of thousands of people, and he refers them to ground breaking people/artists/thinkers. I think that's a good use of this attention. I find his references valuable and helpful. I don't think he's selling you something less than a very good product, and with a lot of extra value. priceless things in fact. I wish people could be more appreciative...

Morrissey cites and capitalizes on the good-doings of others for 2 reasons:
1. You'll buy a shitty pressing of a horrible cover song.
2. You'll buy a shitty pressing of a horrible cover-song - despite the awful hack-job - because of the brilliance of some other person's ample social and philosophical contributions.

Nothing here has ANYTHING to do with Morrissey. This f***ing clown steals his cashmere off the backs of real people, who've made REAL contributions to humanity.

Where I come from, we refer to people like that as selfish, try-hard hacks. The thoughtfulness of others, raped for personal gain. ...and underneath, hypocrisy gurgles and spews in its reprehensible cauldron of toddleresque bile.

What we have here are tiny minds, drinking the Kool-aid of a spoon-fed wanker who's - somehow - evaded the righteous shit-kicking he so richly deserves.

i don't know if you're up for discussing this, but if so, I want to tell you this- He's doing much more with his spot light than many others. He has the attention of thousands of people, and he refers them to ground breaking people/artists/thinkers. I think that's a good use of this attention. I find his references valuable and helpful. I don't think he's selling you something less than a very good product, and with a lot of extra value. priceless things in fact. I wish people could be more appreciative...
If you've gleaned self-advancement through Morrissey's cultural appropriation, you're ok in my books. You're a scarce diamond in the cesspool of fawning, illiterate wankers around here.

...but please don't confuse Morrissey's selfish, needy cultural rape for something genuine or altruistic. Morrissey has been bending his family, friends and fans over - ass-f***ing them for 30+ years. He doesnt give a shit about art, culture or music. He cares about himself. ...and where he'll be able to tuck away and dig into his not-so-secret wheel of cheese, whilst feebly attempting to preserve the crumbled sham he once foisted as a reputation.

Please realize that, unless you're well past 40 years old, the weak, whiny, old, fat, whispy grey-haired twat is owed NOTHING for your personal progress. Don't believe the hype. ;)

If you've gleaned self-advancement through Morrissey's cultural appropriation, you're ok in my books. You're a scarce diamond in the cesspool of fawning, illiterate wankers around here.

...but please don't confuse Morrissey's selfish, needy cultural rape for something genuine or altruistic. Morrissey has been bending his family, friends and fans over - ass-f***ing them for 30+ years. He doesnt give a shit about art, culture or music. He cares about himself. ...and where he'll be able to tuck away and dig into his not-so-secret wheel of cheese, whilst feebly attempting to preserve the crumbled sham he once foisted as a reputation.

Please realize that, unless you're well past 40 years old, the weak, whiny, old, fat, whispy grey-haired twat is owed NOTHING for your personal progress. Don't believe the hype. ;)

I don't see any hype... It's my own very personal opinion. In fact there's mostly trash about Morrissey. He might take care of himself, and still care a lot about Art of others and his own, there's no contradiction. He's just very honest, which makes him the perfect target for this kind of criticism. It's too easy a trap to fall into.

It's a great cover, even if she weren't who she is.
who IS on the cover of the sleeve? she looks SO familiar but I can't figure it out. Is she/he a famous drag queen, Candy Darling? or an actress......Help!!!!

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom