Bands/singers you knew before anyone else/and/or before they did got famous...

...Ermmm....I used to know Mick Hucknall when he sang with "Frantic Elevators"....way back in the day,.... he asked me to play a whistle on stage with them once.......
I also think I nearly, almost... nudged shoulders with Mozzer, when he was in the Audience at "Eric's, Liverpool, when Ludus were playing.....
Oh, and I have stood next to David Coverdale, (...he smelled Nice...)...and was asked If I would like to meet Jon Anderson ( From "Yes"...) Once. I naturally declined....

Cool :cool: ...I couldn't hold that secret much longer. ;)

:p

I saw Hootie and the Blowfish in '94 at a small S. Carolina beach bar. :o

If only they had ever gotten famous. :rolleyes::p

house_oh_snap.gif

I had a "thing" with the drummer from Junior Senior before they were famouse. I remember he played me an early version of their first single "Move Your Feet" and asked if I thought it would be a hit. I can't remember what I said but it certainly did become a hit, in the Uk aswell, I think.

I love the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Antony and The Johnsons, who went on to become one of my favourite groups.

And, interestingly, the Arctic Monkeys. They added me on Myspace about a year and a half before they released anything!

aww, Hootie. 8th grade memories....

I preferred "Hold my Hand." :p

What about, "Every time I look at you, I go blind..."?

Like you DIDN'T have a copy of "Cracked Rear View" like the rest of the free world did. Come on, admit it everyone...:rolleyes:;)

What about, "Every time I look at you, I go blind..."?

Like you DIDN'T have a copy of "Cracked Rear View" like the rest of the free world did. Come on, admit it everyone...:rolleyes:;)

I have it on cassette and it's on my ipod :guitar:

I went to see The Mighty Boosh back in 2001 at Swansea University.

Always knew they would make it big one day.

*makes self satisfied face*

Bloc Party (first album was yet to be released)-
Pukkelpop Festival, Belgium 20.08.04

The Automatic- Met Lounge Peterborough February 21 2006

Interpol- Pukkelpop Festival Belguim 19.08.02

Biffy Clyro- (Fair enough they had been together for 10 years, but this was just before Puzzles came out which got them into the mainstream) Cambridge Junction – 24th May 2007

Gallows- 16th October, 2005 The Park, Peterborough

Back
Top Bottom