Bangkok, Thailand show cancelled (Oct. 18, 2016) following King's death

Posted by BangkokPhil in the Bangkok, Moonstar Studios, October 18th thread:

Following the death of His Majesty Bhumibol Adulyadej yesterday, there will now be a period of mourning for 30 days, during which time there can be no live music concerts in The Kingdom of Thailand.

I haven't seen confirmation yet on the Thai Ticketing website that Tuesday's gig is cancelled but I would take it as a given. I'll post an update as soon as I know more.

Also, later in the same thread by ThisCharmingSam:

iji Corp just confirmed it's been cancelled :(

Thailand cancels Morrissey and more shows following King’s death - Asia Live 365

More cancellation announcements came in from local event promoters in the wake of Thai king’s passing.

Excerpt:
These include the highly-anticipated debut of Morrissey in Thailand, originally taking place on October 18. Ticket holders can receive refunds at all Thai Ticket Major counters.

oh, i feel sorry for the fans :( hopefully they'll have another chance to see Moz soon

Morrissey must be so happy. The luck of the Irish.

I am going to send a fax to Kiley the intern at the Calabasas office now and tell her that it's Crocodile Week Oct 22-31 in Austrialililia and that there is no singing allowed. That should get her some brownie points with Steve.

Last edited:

Following the death of His Majesty Bhumibol Adulyadej yesterday, there will now be a period of mourning for 30 days, during which time there can be no live music concerts in The Kingdom of Thailand.

I haven't seen confirmation yet on the Thai Ticketing website that Tuesday's gig is cancelled but I would take it as a given. I'll post an update as soon as I know more.

Thailand cancels Morrissey and more shows following King’s death - Asia Live 365

More cancellation announcements came in from local event promoters in the wake of Thai king’s passing.

Excerpt:
These include the highly-anticipated debut of Morrissey in Thailand, originally taking place on October 18. Ticket holders can receive refunds at all Thai Ticket Major counters.

Damn too bad he couldn't hang on until after the 18th. I bet monarchy hating Mozzer is thinking 'I'd like to drop my trousers to the king!'

I bet those Lawnmowers couldn't believe their luck on hearing the news of a bonus cancellation !
" Yes ! Get in ! A night off from playing those tedious old 4kin tunes " :ahhh::highfive::ahhh::clap:.
Oh well I guess it's Friday mourning :flowers:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Excerpt:
These include the highly-anticipated debut of Morrissey in Thailand, originally taking place on October 18. Ticket holders can receive refunds at all Thai Ticket Major counters.[/QUO-
Morrissey-

"Whew!"

i feel like he should write a statement about it! it's been so long since we've had a statement!

It looks like the Singapore Marina Barrage concert is off as well as some band and crew members are floored with the Flu Bug :-(

This was why the last show had no encore.

Yikes I hope Moz doesn't make an anti-royal statement after this! Still he must welcome the break from touring.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom