• Nobody

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Bloody Yanks

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • What is baseball?

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm probably one of a handful of people that would appreciate a golf thread. At least it is played throughout Europe and America. With the British Open next weekend, and competitions like the Ryder Cup it would make for good discussions.

Also we need to differentiate between National League style and American League Style for the foreigners. Reckon me, lil' Sammy, Uncle Steve, and Aunt Nancy are all Dodger fans, so they are in the National League. National League style has more strategy involved because the pitcher actually bats then in the American League where you just have fatties trying to hit the ball as hard as they can out of the park and try to move their fat asses for their "lap of honor". By the by foreigners, the Yankees are an American League team.

Also we need to differentiate between National League style and American League Style for the foreigners. Reckon me, lil' Sammy, Uncle Steve, and Aunt Nancy are all Dodger fans, so they are in the National League. National League style has more strategy involved because the pitcher actually bats then in the American League where you just have fatties trying to hit the ball as hard as they can out if the park and try to move their fat asses for their "lap of honor". By the by foreigners, the Yankees are an American League team.
Yeah. I’m not a fan of the DH like at all, cept that I’m glad it gives older guys who can’t play the field anymore in the NL a chance to play a while longer over there :rolleyes:

I reckon we can't do golf because Uncle Steve doesn't play golf. Baseball has the most in common with Steve because Uncle Steve and lil' Sammy have had Dodger season tickets together since lil' Sammy was a weeeeee lad.

If I was American I think I'd be into baseball. The outfits are a bit silly but I get the point of whacking a ball as hard as you can then doing a lap of honour. Looks like fun.
In Sweden only kids play it at school and we call it brännboll (burn ball). We have two bats, one like it should look and one paddle like bat for the useless (the girls).

I reckon what is the best ballpark? I reckon me vote goes to Petco Park in San Diego. I really liked the old Candlestick too. Going up to San Francisco when the Dodgers would play and getting in brawls with all the drunk Giant fans while freezing in 55 degree weather in the middle of July. I reckon just like Uncle Steve gets cold when it's 55 degrees inn n n n n n nn it m8. Never been to Wrigley Field or Yankee Stadium because I am not a foreigner.

I reckon what is the best ballpark? I reckon me vote goes to Petco Park in San Diego. I really liked the old Candlestick too. Going up to San Francisco when the Dodgers would play and getting in brawls with all the drunk Giant fans while freezing in 55 degree weather in the middle of July. I reckon just like Uncle Steve gets cold when it's 55 degrees inn n n n n n nn it m8. Never been to Wrigley Field or Yankee Stadium because I am not a foreigner.
That part about fighting drunk giants fans could be me back in the day...

6 games past the all star break & it’s not looking good for my boys in blue :straightface:
3 & 3 but could easily be much worse, starters averaging only 6 innings but 4 runs given up :eek:will not get it done :mad:
especially in the post season, no matter how good the bullpen* or offense is :rolleyes:

*=their over usage during the regular season was disastrous come World Series time last season, shaping up to happen lot sooner this time :tears:

That part about fighting drunk giants fans could be me back in the day...
Robby the hooligan disrupting the pizza race and this was the result:

tenor.gif

Me reckon we shouldn't reference the Blue Jays based on Uncle Steve's hatred of Canadada.

What position do you think Steve would play? I see him as a tricky starting pitcher for his beloved Dodgers with a nasty curveball and screwball and every time he would come up to bat, he would bunt.

Last edited:
Me reckon we shouldn't reference the Blue Jays based on Uncle Steve's hatred of Canadada.

What position do you think Steve would play? I see him as a tricky starting pitcher for his beloved Dodgers with a nasty curveball and screwball and every time he would come up to bat, he would bunt.
I see him more as a catcher :brows:

Back
Top Bottom