• Bloody Yanks

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • What is baseball?

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
or eat here :eek:
08FC22D6-E6BF-4480-B16C-E05A65E20964.jpeg

A 1783 pejorative use of "crackers" specifies men who "are descended from convicts that were transported from Great Britain to Virginia at different times, and inherit so much profligacy from their ancestors, that they are the most abandoned set of men on earth".

OK, so we shipped out our oiks, who's descendants evolved into crackers?

A 1783 pejorative use of "crackers" specifies men who "are descended from convicts that were transported from Great Britain to Virginia at different times, and inherit so much profligacy from their ancestors, that they are the most abandoned set of men on earth".

The key really was the types of crimes, usually extreme violence and/or sedition of some kind, lotta Irish, Scots, northern English, Welsh who didn’t wanna mine coal* sort of explains the character of the USA a lot really :o

*=somebody has sense of humor though, the hills here many welsh moved to turned out packed with coal so lotta their descendants became miners anyways :rolleyes:

Really Cracka gets used towards any white, racist, redneck person. Kind of an update on Honkey or Whitey. It’s interesting I found an entry in Urban Dictionary that refers to the “crack of the slavemaster’s whip” as where Cracka comes from. Don’t know if that’s true or just makes sense,

The key really was the types of crimes, usually extreme violence and/or sedition of some kind, lotta Irish, Scots, northern English, Welsh who didn’t wanna mine coal* sort of explains the character of the USA a lot really :o

*=somebody has sense of humor though, the hills here many welsh moved to turned out packed with coal so lotta their descendants became miners anyways :rolleyes:
There’s an intersting Malcolm Gladwell chapter where he breaks out the Scottish heritage of the Hillbilly Clans in Appalachia as one of the reasons for all the passionate grudges and fighting.

And don’t jump on me for pointing it out. I may talk about my Swedish background a lot but on my dad’s side I’m Scottish. In fact, I have a Scottish surname. No disrespect is intended.

Had to look up oik, by the way, but I think I get it.

There’s an intersting Malcolm Gladwell chapter where he breaks out the Scottish heritage of the Hillbilly Clans in Appalachia as one of the reasons for all the passionate grudges and fighting.

And don’t jump on me for pointing it out. I may talk about my Swedish background a lot but on my dad’s side I’m Scottish. In fact, I have a Scottish surname. No disrespect is intended.
Oh yeah, plenty of Scots in dem hills, for the longest time my family tree had one part firmly planted in the USA as far as we knew, but then when my uncle did some on the ground research, turns out the Armstrong branch were just bunch of inbred Scots that came over sometime in the 1700s and didn’t emerge from those hills really til WW1 :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, plenty of Scots in dem hills, for the longest time my family tree had one part firmly planted in the USA as far as we knew, but then when my uncle did some on the ground research, turns out the Armstrong branch were just bunch of inbred Scots that came over sometime in the 1700s and didn’t emerge from those hills really til WW1 :rolleyes:
That’s a long time in those hills.

Reckon I saw some New Era Cap stats. I reckon do you bokes know what the second highest selling (to the Yankees) baseball cap in Brittin is? That's right mate, The Moz Angeles Dodgers. I reckon all those internet pics of lil' Sammy wearing his Dodger cap about town and Uncle Steve's unpublished pics of him wearing his Dodger cap at the Calabasas Costco have helped with sales! Good on ya Morrissey/Sinatra family!

FE6208A4-3FBD-4E07-BC49-5AA1EAD2746B.jpeg

Look out rest of NL :D Dodgers can smell the post season and are finally playing up to their potential after sleep walking through most of the season :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom